Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Have A Umbra Theory For Us....immortals

Vlada91

You forget that the developers said themselves that "Umbra Frames" will be a thing soon enough in time, meaning every Warframe will eventually have this one day as well. Its their new thing coming along with China I believe and possibly them getting all Umbra frames first for all we know, either way its awesome and we should expect it as another version of a frame or a skin at the very least. 

PS: My only real hope is that they have different stats as Prime Frames and Regular Frames that way they ant just skinned copycats, as of now Primes are starting to get more buffs it would be great to see Umbras with different stats as well. Or maybe even abilities, but who knows?

everyone wants him and even those who do not like Excalibur, wants umbra :D

The Chinese have been very creative in creating tenno,such as the umbra and wukong....

If the Chinese version and normal version joined forces.game would be perfect in every way.

you do know thats its DE that created umbra and wukong, therdis no chinese team behind it

what probably everyone wants is either a skin or new frame(inclusive that it has 1/2 different abilities) that way itll be something new and not the same frame with diff stats....

i mean they couldve had ideas for excalibur ability ideas that didnt make it, if that were the case then thiswould be a good opportunity to implemwnt those tht didnt make it to the final cut

DE is currently in the process of reworking the starchart so maybe they will put umbra warframes as farmable drops in either the origin system or maybe even far away were we can acquire the umbra warframes

Umbra confirmed to look prime in a tweet reply to me from Steve. Will be able to recolor gold cuz pbr.

I'm thinking it will be from u18 cinematic quest but I'm really hoping I'm wrong.

I'm not too excited about a third variant. Would rather see more primes or new frames. Hoping it's not tied to focus as well.

can you post a link please(its not that I don't believe its that I want to see it for myself

1. Umbra and Wukong were made by DE, not ChangYou.

2. Umbra is not a skin, it's new series of Warframes. If Umbra would be a skin we would have it already.

3. China has Excalibur Umbra Prime (in their language "Sanctuary Shadow Sword" where "Sanctuary" mean Prime and "Shadow" is our Umbra), we gonna have Excalibur Umbra. Both looks the same.

4. DE stated we will have to wait months for Excalibur Umbra.

5. If Umbra would be for plat on market we already would have it. IMO Excal Umbra gonna be added with or after Star Chart rework.

Edited by MrDar1o

2. Umbra is not a skin, it's new series of Warframes. If Umbra would be a skin we would have it already.

3. China has Excalibur Umbra Prime (in their language "Sanctuary Shadow Sword" where "Sanctuary" mean Prime and "Shadow" is our Umbra), we gonna have Excalibur Umbra. Both looks the same.

5. If Umbra would be for plat on market we already would have it. IMO Excal Umbra gonna be added with or after Star Chart rework.

big fk for last 2

Why won't people just bloody realise that Umbra is China's personal line of "Prime Access" and it was created purely to cater to the huge market China has to offer. We should be glad we are gonna even be offered a chance to acquire Umbra frames.

Just seems like a cheat on prime in general. They could offer China the exact same content they're offering the rest of the world, but backdated so they have the chance to get everything but founders packs. No other region gets timed exclusives, culturally themed weapons, or their own specific prime access packs. 

big fk for last 2

ALL game content is made by DE. ChangYou is a publisher, not a developer.

Any time you use the statement "we would have it already" you are making a HUGE assumption. DE has stated MULTIPLE times that China is getting TIMED EXCLUSIVES. They did not limit that statement to any particular type of content, therefore skins, weapons, frames, and even entire content updates can be made into timed exclusives if they so choose.

Umbra is only called Umbra Prime in the chinese version, so they can get to feel special.

Our (eventual) Umbra Excalibur will be exactly the same, just won't be called Umbra Prime.

Also the stats will be different in the china version, so really it's just bragging rights.