Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointing Response From De Regarding Loss Of Item

(XBOX)thunderforce3

Ok, I been playing warframe for several months now and I do find this game rather enjoyable compared to most other games. At first the game was confusing as no one would explain the game to me so I obviously sold items to make room for inventory and such as I didn't have plantinum or understand these "transactions". Specifically I completed the "Stolen Dreams" quest a while back and sold the ether daggers that were rewarded for completion of the quest. I sent a note to support to see if they could retrieve it or explain an alternative for obtaining these as I never equipped or leveled the item. I was informed that they could only retrieve if they are notified immediately. Here's my thought. What is the difference between 1 hour and 1 month? Do novice players even know that items can be retrieved or only experienced players? The item is not vaulted nor one of those one time event mods or weapons. It is part of an current active quest. I understand that the quest cannot be replayed, but DE should be able to look at your records to determine if the quest was completed and if the weapon was obtained and used. If it could be obtained playing with someone who has the quest open then that should be an option as long as it's not in inventory. I just find it hard to believe that there is a "time limit" to retrieving current items in inventory. Any item accidently sold that is in current inventory rotation should be retrievable or "gifted" regardless of time. That's just my two cents.

To retrieve such an object probably they want to make sure that you didn't lie. As such, they have to go and dig out the logs. "Months ago". Taking into account the number of players and the number of operations the players do, do you have any idea how long their logs must be?

If you immediately had contacted them then they'd had to pull out the current log file and do a quick search. What you are asking here is probably some hour of work, from a Support Service that is notoriously overworked.

They could, but there's a limit to what they'll go through to solve the issue of a player who willingly decided to do an allowed operation.

Also, at the risk of sounding patronizing: do never sell anything that is unique unless you are 100% sure you don't want them. In doubt, go to the wiki. How is that difficult to understand?

I sold the Lato Vandal back in Closed Beta over/around 2 years ago (times are fuzzy).  I had no idea what mastery was back then and sold to make room. I requested it be returned to my account probably about a year ago.  They returned it to me.

Are ether daggers not purchasable from the market as a BP?  I have since leveled them and don't recall.

Edited by Lanieu

Yep this game has a really bad problem with basically explaining nothing to new players, as such thing like what happened to you happens a lot. And really this sort of thing is on de as it's their game and they should have it built to tell players important information, but they don't. Seems you got cheated by them and that sucks.

I sold the Lato Vandal back in Closed Beta over/around 2 years ago (times are fuzzy).  I had no idea what mastery was back then and sold to make room. I requested it be returned to my account probably about a year ago.  They returned it to me.

Are ether daggers not purchasable from the market as a BP?  I have since leveled them and don't recall.

The Ether Daggers are, currently, only acquirable via the quest "Stolen Dreams"

Seems you got cheated by them and that sucks.

In what way was the OP cheated? The OP sold the daggers, willingly, and then proceeded to wait an entire month before submiting a ticket. Sure it sucks that the quest isn't yet replayable, but it is in not entirely DE's fault for not digging through a whole month of one players account logs just to retrieve one weapon.

Edited by (PS4)rinneganadrian

Maybe we will, maybe we won't. I see no particular reason we couldn't get our rewards back. They're not tradeable and they aren't worth much for resale.

don't some quests reward potatoes and exilus?

Anyway, what about a cooldown? Like, you can start new quests whenever, but you can only start a quest replay once a week

or only "unique" non resource rewards could be reearned, potatoes and similar being replaced with cores.

I'd like to get my ether daggers back too, but more importantly I want to play through again for the lore

Ok, I been playing warframe for several months now and I do find this game rather enjoyable compared to most other games. At first the game was confusing as no one would explain the game to me so I obviously sold items to make room for inventory and such as I didn't have plantinum or understand these "transactions". Specifically I completed the "Stolen Dreams" quest a while back and sold the ether daggers that were rewarded for completion of the quest. I sent a note to support to see if they could retrieve it or explain an alternative for obtaining these as I never equipped or leveled the item. I was informed that they could only retrieve if they are notified immediately. Here's my thought. What is the difference between 1 hour and 1 month? Do novice players even know that items can be retrieved or only experienced players? The item is not vaulted nor one of those one time event mods or weapons. It is part of an current active quest. I understand that the quest cannot be replayed, but DE should be able to look at your records to determine if the quest was completed and if the weapon was obtained and used. If it could be obtained playing with someone who has the quest open then that should be an option as long as it's not in inventory. I just find it hard to believe that there is a "time limit" to retrieving current items in inventory. Any item accidently sold that is in current inventory rotation should be retrievable or "gifted" regardless of time. That's just my two cents.

They were able to investigate my account after I thought I lost something a month after