The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra: Who Are It's Creators?

LilHypezKiid

• 2 weeks later...

So as we know Umbra gear is supposed to be coming to the global build (however it may be a long time, who knows) and with this announcement I was struck with a question:

Who are it founders?

We know that the Orokin founded the prime gear and mass produced the stock frames and gear. The Tenno have Wraith, Vandal and Dex gear. From this information, I would assume that Umbra is of Tenno origin or perhaps variants of stock gear/prime gear.

This is just speculation so I would like to get your takes on this subject, as I find it quite interesting because if Umbra gear is of Tenno origin, it could add so much to the lore of the game and open up even more avenues for theories and speculation.

Thank you for your time.

Edit: corrected mistake about wraith, vandal and dex

first off i have to stop you there cause The orokin are not the founders of the stock frames... they are the creators of primes witch are the original prototypes if you will. the tenno decided to in a way reverse engineer them and standardized them into a simpler frame.. hence why none of them have gold (cost of primes to much :P) and have lowered stats and are missing a special ability's that all primes carry with them.

also Wraith and vandal and both tenno made. DEX is as it sounds but shortned for Digital Extremes. hence why DEX weapons are available only when its their anniversary. and such forth cant be treated as a proper lore element.

When you See or hear the word Prime... what do you think of ?

:adjective:

1. of first importance; main.

2. of the best possible quality; excellent.

:Noun:

- the state or time of greatest vigour or success in a person's life.

now when you see or hear the word Umbra... what do you think of ?

:Noun:

the fully shaded inner region of a shadow cast by an opaque object, especially the area on the earth or moon experiencing the total phase of an eclipse.

- Shadow or darkness

so my guess is that the moon update. that DE showed concept of on a couple live-streams ago has a major lore roll witch will hopefully fill the blank on what umbra frames truly are and who made them!

for all we know. umbra frames could be a dark experiment gone wrong. either that or they where the dirty orokin witch did all the highly classified stuff :P (jokes)

pffft for all i care they could be the black ops unit of the my little pony squad and id still buy them frames!

Edited by DiBBz

Seeing the golden bits on the frame one could assume that it was simply of orokin design.

I personally go off of the Stalkers lore where it was something along the lines of "our saviors were bathed in silk of our emporers" or something close to that. It explains why the gold bits of the frame are there and the scarf.

Edited by Vaxillian

First of all the wraith gear, dex gear and vandal gear are all tenno they are modified versions of Tenno. Second of all: "Who are their founders". Lastly it could be a different prome variant. As if the void would have created two models for each frame...

The Wraith variants were recently revealed to be created by/for the Grineer Nightwatch Corps

(though that makes me scratch my head about Wraith Latron)

Oh I did not know that about the wraith, dex and vandal, thank you for the correction.

as of the Prime variant, it could be a possibilty as it did look quite golden and the orikin seem to have a gold fetish.

Yes it could be! And my understanding is that all those other gears like Tenno modefied versions of weapons or something like that.