The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Point For Greedy Pull To Exist Anymore.

Harloq

I think this change is utterly stupid.

I concur the changes for enemies. But for loot? I have loot detector and animal instinct on, i can see the mods behind void walls that WOULD NOT OPEN. I shoot through the walls with punch through weapons to collect hidden void loot and now you tell me the walls are made of lead. These walls and doors open with RNG in play somemore.

I think I give up trying a reason to find this senseless bashing of a skill that has a lackluster augment. I am extremely disappointed for now.

I'm just frustrated over spending so much time crawling up the Syndicate ladder with sacrifices to unlock what they offer only to have anything of worth just gets pulverized because of...reasons.

But hey, at least those New Age hippies and their monster assassins are still showing up in random missions for my troubles.

I don't really thing that using a LoS for Greedy pull makes her useles..

I play her a lot in Triton. And the shield polarize do the job, and will still do the job. The only thing that will change, is that I'll havec to move a little bit more to get energy, and I won't be able to stay under frost bubble nuking everything that come in range.

And even if we talk about LoS, On big maps, I am sure that Mag could get high to have a LoS on most of the room.

Sure it is a nerf.

Sure we'll have to play her differently.

But I disagree when people tell that she is useless now.

Update 17.5: The Jordas Precept

Mag's Pull now requires an open path to affect targets -- resources and enemies can no longer be pulled through walls or closed doors, but enemies can still be pulled out of cover and behind obstacles.

Just confirmed in game, won't work.

Why don't make this a pull thing and then with greedy pull we can pull resources through walls?

I just want to know, if it is intended for the augment, what was the line of thoughts from the DE.

Poor Mag.

First, she was outcasted by the team... now she's outcasted by even her own power!!

I still find this ridiculous. I mean, it's perfectly fine to have enemies with a hivemind mechanic, it only takes for one to simply see you and the WHOLE TILESET knows where you are, perfectly logical.

But God forbid a Warframe that can pull resources from every direction and through walls, that's just so unlike real life.

230114_908223010.png

I still find this ridiculous. I mean, it's perfectly fine to have enemies with a hivemind mechanic, it only takes for one to simply see you and the WHOLE TILESET knows where you are, perfectly logical.

But God forbid a Warframe that can pull resources from every direction and through walls, that's just so unlike real life.

230114_908223010.png

This isn't about realism, this is about sending a message...to mag. That we don't want you to play her. 

Why can carrier still suck stuff up through walls from a mile away, but we can't have an ability that requires an augment for it. If Mag is so problematic that she needs nerfs every patch, please just rework her already DE. I still think it is kind of fun to pull people in and kill them all with the Boar, but that is basically what I am left with outside of just spamming shield polarize on Corpus. 

I already said in another topic my opinion on the nerf. i also said that i would test it to see if i was wrong. With the new hot-fix, being able to run triton, i picked Mag.

Last time i will use her. 

They have killed her, completely. 

I saw this coming... i believe its becouse some of the Mag players tend to just sit on a place and pull non-stop, without helping the team, kill enemys etc etc... But its completely unfair, Mag was one of my favourites warframes, i enjoyed her so much, running, jumping, destroying everything in huge maps, and collecting the loot when neccesary. DE has killed Mag for players like me. 

One thing that i think DE doesnt realize is that the augments consume one mod slot, which is not a silly thing, if an augment is to replace a good mod, the augment has to be REALLY good, and now it doesnt even deserve the name " augment ". 

I dont really know how to take this... i dont know if i should just sell Mag and leave the game.. or thank DE for liberating one mod slot for me.

Thank god i didnt need to forma Mag... 

It's not just a LOS check. You have to physically see it in your screen to pull. I.e. even if it's behind you with LOS to it, you won't pull it.

One of the main reasons I like Greedy Pull was that I can break void containers inside the walls and pull them out if the secret doors don't open. I'll probably end up taking this mod out now that I can't do that.

Mag has been crushed, bombed, impaled, wrecked and was then left to perish. BUT SHE WILL NEVER DIE

Sorry mate, as much as i love Mag, we have to accept it, i know its hard but.. she is dead. 

Edited by Pakon3ds

Very disappointing, love playing mag versus factions other than corpus and showing others how good a frame mag is. All of this is dependent on spamming pull.

One of my favorite frames just got smashed and for no reason. Not like picking up loot fast is OP. Carrier may be next on chopping block...

I liked my loot pick up ability, I hope they change this back. It had no effect on pve kills and people no longer use for farming Draco since can't pickup for team mates.

Otherwise great patch makes me not wanna play, totally understand called for change. Augment is now worthless and mag as LOS is worthless other than a Corpus nuke which is the most boring playstyle for mag.

Come on DE, change this back. Not needed.

It's not just a LOS check. You have to physically see it in your screen to pull. I.e. even if it's behind you with LOS to it, you won't pull it.

One of the main reasons I like Greedy Pull was that I can break void containers inside the walls and pull them out if the secret doors don't open. I'll probably end up taking this mod out now that I can't do that.

When carrier get LOS treatment, I'm quitting warframe. Honestly, carrier should get LOS treatment if mags pull does. DE needs to ditch this change, ruins an otherwise good patch.

Edited by Educated_Beast