Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Over Nerfing Of Mag.

FlyingFoxel

So I think DE has gone over board on mag.

I ask you, what is her roll now?

She used to be used for farming and she used to be used for damage and a slow the enemies down type frame.

They took her farming abilities and I get that they were being used with mesa to sleep though the game.

So this is what I propose to get past this, have her only pull ammo, creds, and resources for the team. Done she cant be used to cheat. Then shorten her pull range as well just a little. Keep her ability to pull though walls and doors.

Now the other two things, dmg wise she is was god anti-corpus frame, give her a dmg cap on that and let her hurt guys out of her line of sight.

All the other frames can do this, frost and excal and Vauban ALL effect enemies though walls and doors. That makes no sense, but mag? Mag is about MAGNETICS the one thing that does not care at all, about whats between it!

When have you seen a magnet get stopped my a metal door? If any frame makes sense to damage and mess with the enemies beyond what you can see it's mag!

I use this frame to hold up enemies around corners well my team revives someone or to knock them down for melee focus frames like valk.

So i ask again, after this nerf what is her roll? She cant help you farm anymore, she cant help you deal damage to oncoming enemies, and she cant slow down them anymore to save people. Why does she exist at all?

It's my assumption she was over used and overpowered once but that is no reason to nerf her to the point of being a specter her only use now is the guns she brings to the fight.

DE: if you wish to get mag to the point where shes useless you might as well just get rid of the frame all together! Have her as a joke specter you can bring cause now thats what she has become.

edit: i have no problem with stopping the pulling of loot through walls just the it not effecting guys though them is irritating

Edited by FlyingFoxel

I mean... They only changed her 1. You want her most basic attack to be the end all be all of Warframe abilities? 

Also Magnetics doesn't allow you to break physics by pulling things through solid objects like walls and floors. 

All of this.  I approve of every change in this update.

No I'm not breaking the game with Ember WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

I mean... They only changed her 1. You want her most basic attack to be the end all be all of Warframe abilities? 

Also Magnetics doesn't allow you to break physics by pulling things through solid objects like walls and floors. 

To be fair with magnetics she should at least be able to pull things INTO solid objects.

So I think DE has gone over board on mag.

I ask you, what is her roll now?

She used to be used for farming and she used to be used for damage and a slow the enemies down type frame.

They took her farming abilities and I get that they were being used with mesa to sleep though the game.

So this is what I propose to get past this, have her only pull ammo, creds, and resources for the team. Done she cant be used to cheat. Then shorten her pull range as well just a little. Keep her ability to pull though walls and doors.

Now the other two things, dmg wise she is was god anti-corpus frame, give her a dmg cap on that and let her hurt guys out of her line of sight.

All the other frames can do this, frost and excal and Vauban ALL effect enemies though walls and doors. That makes no sense, but mag? Mag is about MAGNETICS the one thing that does not care at all, about whats between it!

When have you seen a magnet get stopped my a metal door? If any frame makes sense to damage and mess with the enemies beyond what you can see it's mag!

I use this frame to hold up enemies around corners well my team revives someone or to knock them down for melee focus frames like valk.

So i ask again, after this nerf what is her roll? She cant help you farm anymore, she cant help you deal damage to oncoming enemies, and she cant slow down them anymore to save people. Why does she exist at all?

It's my assumption she was over used and overpowered once but that is no reason to nerf her to the point of being a specter her only use now is the guns she brings to the fight.

DE: if you wish to get mag to the point where shes useless you might as well just get rid of the frame all together! Have her as a joke specter you can bring cause now thats what she has become.

edit: i have no problem with stopping the pulling of loot through walls just the it not effecting guys though them is irritating

They only nerfed Pull... And yes, while I agree that it's BS and puts Mag in a position where she's literally only useful for Triton runs (and the occasional chuckle as you watch something fly through the air), it's better than what you're implying, which was them making her an LoS frame. Shield Polarize and Crush still work as AoE moves. As for the suggested change, to make Greedy Pull ignore health and energy drops, we've tried. We tried when they suggested the nerfs and they didn't listen. They won't listen now. It's not worth trying.

Edited by timerwin63

There's no more logic and roll in this game, only trolls.

People are now afraid of modding/formaing their frame because of the sudden reckless change.

The statement of reducing archwing grind is an another lie, you could still receive a garbage mod upon completing the new MD mission.

The new quest is another disgusting RNG wall, along with mag nerf it becomes a more ridiculous resource grind.

Now Mag have no reason to exist now besides spamming 2, you know what's the next nerf here. Stop defending the grind.

Edited by VCaptiion

Mag was not nerfed. Mag's AUGMENT was nerfed. And do you know why?

Because it made Mag into a farm-only frame. Every Mag was expected to have the augment and she was basically shunned and ignored otherwise. It turned her into a one-trick pony and made her popular for all the wrong reasons.

They only nerfed Pull... And yes, while I agree that it's BS and puts Mag in a position where she's literally only useful for Triton runs (and the occasional chuckle as you watch something fly through the air), it's better than what you're implying, which was them making her an LoS frame. Shield Polarize and Crush still work as AoE moves. As for the suggested change, to make Greedy Pull ignore health and energy drops, we've tried. We tried when they suggested the nerfs and they didn't listen. They won't listen now. It's not worth trying.

Well at some point they better start listening to the community, about how things are played cause that is the start to the end to every long term game. I am all for balence but to take a power and make it do almost nothing is just terrible. I have done a few runs with mag since the update, she cant pull guys in the hallway around the corner, and ithats just bad slash stupid.

Mag was not nerfed. Mag's AUGMENT was nerfed. And do you know why?

Because it made Mag into a farm-only frame. Every Mag was expected to have the augment and she was basically shunned and ignored otherwise. It turned her into a one-trick pony and made her popular for all the wrong reasons.

YES thats why i am angry, now there nerfing her abilty to help the team in knock down, room fulla guys ahead "mag knockem down so valk can destroy!" Oh wait sorry we didn't invite you cause you cant do that anymore!

Why would they nerf mags pull of all things? If they made it so pull actually pulled things to your feet like it used to, back when it was great, ok, but this? They already made pull pull things in random directions, I guess mag wasn't dead outside of Triton runs enough.