Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Annoyed At The Frequent Requirement Of Argon Crystals?

Nitresco

Seems like half the new content that comes out lately requires Argon Crystals to access. For things like the improved Pherliac Pods which are apparently "irradiated", I can understand. It makes sense lore-wise (even if it is a hassle to go and get 3 of them before I hit the sack tonight.)

But why do Grineer chainsaw fists require a crystal of Argon? Or a Grineer balloon? Some of these make little sense.

I feel like they're tacked onto the resource costs of new content just for the sake of irritating players in hopes that they purchase platinum for instant gratification. It doesn't help that half these crystals I obtain are wasted a day later.

Seems like half the new content that comes out lately requires Argon Crystals to access. For things like the improved Pherliac Pods which are apparently "irradiated", I can understand. It makes sense lore-wise (even if it is a hassle to go and get 3 of them before I hit the sack tonight.)

But why do Grineer chainsaw fists require a crystal of Argon? Or a Grineer balloon? Some of these make little sense.

I feel like they're tacked onto the resource costs of new content just for the sake of irritating players in hopes that they purchase platinum for instant gratification. It doesn't help that half these crystals I obtain are wasted a day later.

well yeah this game is for profit >.> kinda the point.

well yeah this game is for profit >.> kinda the point.

A resource you can easily get within an hour that also can't be bought isn't much of a marketing thing.

Unless you think it really pushes people into spending 300 plat instead of getting one crystal.

Because they know that you've already farmed for the mats for them, and they want you to farm more with their disappearing materials! This has been a thing ever since they were introduced, almost every weapon since their release has required argon crystal or some other ludicrous requirement like 2 other weapons.

Argon's not that bad. 

I kinda groaned when I saw I needed two for Sonicor, but I did one run of T1 Defense and got 3 Argon. Yeah, it's not instant gratification, but it's not intolerable either.

Besides, there's been plenty of weapons recently with very modest  crafting requirements, like the Spira. It's easy to forget about those since they are, in fact, so convenient.

I had a nightmare trying to find just one Argon crystal the other day, ran ten voids looking in every locker and smashing every container and only got one right at the last minute. Then yesterday I did two voids and got about eight of them, I think on balance they work ok as a resource.

Don't look for them in containers. Containers may have a higher drop rate than mobs, but you can kill ten mobs in the time it takes you to find one container. Just play something like S/D/Int. You usually get at least two crystals from playing to the first rotation C

I had a nightmare trying to find just one Argon crystal the other day, ran ten voids looking in every locker and smashing every container and only got one right at the last minute. Then yesterday I did two voids and got about eight of them, I think on balance they work ok as a resource.

Don't look for them in containers. Containers may have a higher drop rate than mobs, but you can kill ten mobs in the time it takes you to find one container. Just play something like S/D/Int. You usually get at least two crystals from playing to the first rotation C.

Edited by Defendor

Don't look for them in containers. Containers may have a higher drop rate than mobs, but you can kill ten mobs in the time it takes you to find one container. Just play something like S/D/Int. You usually get at least two crystals from playing to the first rotation C

Don't look for them in containers. Containers may have a higher drop rate than mobs, but you can kill ten mobs in the time it takes you to find one container. Just play something like S/D/Int. You usually get at least two crystals from playing to the first rotation C.

I did a couple of survivals and a defence in the ten missions I did but didn't get one, just wasn't my day. Then yesterday I did a defence and got loads, just the luck of the draw isn't it.

• 2 weeks later...

People not understand

It is not about if it is difficult or not to obtain argon crystals, it is about requirements with most of the items released recently

These are some of the blueprints that have argon crystals requirements from 17.5:

Landing Craft Segment

Sonicor

Pherliac Pods

Atlas Chassis

Trinity Prime Chassis

Mantis Engines

It's not just argon crystals -  there seems to be a tendency for newer blueprints to require more and more rare resources overall (and often more credits, as well). E.g., Trinity Prime requiring an unprecedented amount of rare resources, more than any other prime frame as far as I can recall (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Imagine how weird the resource inflation must seem to new players who don't know how old most of the items are relative to each other, with some being inecplicably more costly to craft than others and no apparent correlation between resource cost and the power/usefulness/desirability of the item.