The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp - Make Bullet Jump A Mod

DarkRuler2500

Something like "Enable Bullet Jump but you won't have shields"

This whole game mode is a freaking bunny jumping without any tactics.

Nuff said...

I will most likely not play it anymore until it gets reworked and my clan mates and alliance mates as well i think.

Edited by DarkRuler2500

Even without bulletjump you can still jump like a bunny. Infact, most of the time I don't even use bulletjump for my movement, only if I want to get up somewhere high.

^This.

I don't like, if someone wants to limit movement in general - even I learned to deal if it, so no thanks :) .

What we need is bullet jump speed and distance to be affected by sprint speed. That way tanks are an actual choice rather than just picking the highest stats.

Then, if you want, there already is a mod for +sprint -shields

Edited by PhaseShifted

What we need is bullet jump speed and distance to be affected by sprint speed. That way tanks are an actual choice rather than just picking the highest stats.

Or make a separate bullet jump stat and make it low for tanks, but high for light frames?

i believe it will come some day, for pve as well.

It honestly does make sense, even if it's space magic.  Even game-play wise, it would make a good decision.

---to the OP---

Warframe's PvP incorporates heavy elements of mobility and dodging.  There have been suggestions about somehow limiting excessive use of bullet jumping so you don't have players just purely running, or somehow make it possible to catch up to fleeing enemies, but that's about it.  Most opponents whom are excessively dodging also are not shooting, so there is some balance.

If you have problems hitting bullet jumping targets...all I can suggest is that you train more.

Most opponents whom are excessively dodging also are not shooting, so there is some balance.

^this, the only problem with it is cephalons carriers.

also, is easy to shoot someone while they are running away, they cant get far when running in Zs, but if they go in a straight line they are easy targets.

The fact that warframe has high mobility and relatively high ttk is a good thing in a market that is over saturated with slow as molasses low ttk modern military shooters.  I hate to drag out the old "go back to cod" line, but do it.  Or CS:GO even. 

Or go to quake and other arena  shooters and learn how bunny hopping and similar mobility is not a bad thing in shooters.  The attitude that this kind of evasive movement is something to be looked down is one of the more stupid results of the modern combat shooter's success in dumbing down the skill floor of pvp shooters.

Edited by Aggh

Absolutely not.

Not as long as Ash Prime (and to a lesser degree: Valkyr and Zephyr) is a thing.

PvP in this game reminds me sooo much of S4 League. There really is a ridiculous amount of mobility with the momentum from sliding being put into everything..rolls...bullet jump...the double jump. 

Basically the people who always get the most kills seem to be Chroma/frost/ash prime with OHK weps who bullet jump constantly on reload.

Absolutely not.

Not as long as Ash Prime is a thing.

Ash prime have the worst abilities compared to any other frame. as a ash prime player i actually find volt more tanky, it doesnt take that much time to kill but has way better shields, i rather wait for shields to recharge than be looking for HP all the time, most of the time im playing as ash prime i dont even have full hp, the thing is: ash is faster and i love that, and thats the only reason i choose ash over volt.

Edited by JeyciKon

Since you're not coming back anytime soon. Bye.

This was prob. the worst idea i've seen in this sub. Mobility and fast paced battles are what makes warframe. If you wanna play a game where everyone is more or less on ground go play Destiny. 

Since you're not coming back anytime soon. Bye.

This was prob. the worst idea i've seen in this sub. Mobility and fast paced battles are what makes warframe. If you wanna play a game where everyone is more or less on ground go play Destiny. 

is kinda weird to see people seeing a game that is unique and totally diferent from the others, making it special, and then asking to make it just like the others.

its like going to team fortress and asking for heavy to kill with just 1~2 bullets just because thats what would happen in most fps.

This x1000. It also needs to be a significant difference.

I'd also argue that sprint speed should effect your melee attack speed as well, therefore discouraging Frost faceroll melee builds.

The fact that warframe has high mobility and relatively high ttk is a good thing in a market that is over saturated with slow as molasses low ttk modern military shooters.  I hate to drag out the old "go back to cod" line, but do it.  Or CS:GO even. 

Or go to quake and other arena  shooters and learn how bunny hopping and similar mobility is not a bad thing in shooters.  The attitude that this kind of evasive movement is something to be looked down is one of the more stupid results of the modern combat shooter's success in dumbing down the skill floor of pvp shooters.

Skill floor = how bad you can be at a game

Skill ceiling = how good you can be at a game

Modern shooters have raised the skill floor and lowered the skill ceiling, not the other way around. There's very little difference between a bad CoD player and a good one.

I think that's what you were getting at, but just wanted to clarify.

I'd also argue that sprint speed should effect your melee attack speed as well, therefore discouraging Frost faceroll melee builds.

Modern shooters have raised the skill floor and lowered the skill ceiling, not the other way around. There's very little difference between a bad CoD player and a good one.

Since you posted this after the announcement, I'll let you know: Joebuck has said they are now able to change individual warframe's bullet jumps separate from pve and they'll be implementing this in the upcoming hotfixes. There's a recent post in this forum around here.

You're applying a literal interpretation of the analogy that skill floor/ceiling would logically describe that doesn't really see common usage.  You have only half the definition of skill floor. 

It's most commonly used to describe how bad a player can be yet still be effective, or in other words, how accessible the game is.  The reasons why there's very little difference between a good cod player and a bad one is because bad players can still be effective because of the low skill floor.  If the skill floor was raised, that would mean that truly bad players could never be effective.

Edited by Aggh

Good point sir.

I like Warframe pvp for the sole reason of being so mobile. I don't really play any other shooters because most of them are slow, i don't want warframe to be slow