May 28Th Community Hot Topics

[DE]Rebecca

Also proper ingame stats for weapons, warframes, sentinels, being able to see the direct effect of stats like "Focus" in numbers, etc., we are waiting for them for quite long.

I can't still grasp, why pretty important stats, such as "weapon reload speed", aren't shown and one have to check the wikipedia...

Out of the six Hot Updates you have made so far, Rebecca, this time I feel like you are missing one big topic. The market prices.

I know you have probably read and still lurking the thread, but for the sake of emphasis, here is the link:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/52192-the-warframe-market-is-a-joke-and-actively-discourages-impulse-purchases-updated-includes-solution-to-installed-catalystsweapon-slot-on-weapons/

Fifty people isn't exactly my idea of "tight knit."  I really hope the livestream "discussion" consists of more than just the devs trying to convince tiny clans consisting of a few friends who like to play together that they're doin' it wrong.  The number of people we choose to align with seems like a really arbitrary condition for gating content.

I have some questions that I would like answered.

1. Why do we have undocumented changes in hotfixes?

2. Will you also be increasing drop rate for mods in later waves, not just the rewards?

3. Why is there no option to rush dojo research?

4. Will certain mods get a buff? (Diamond skin, warm coat etc) as they are too expensive mod coswise as they do too little.

Less of a question...

5. Can you persuade me into liking forma? You have introduced a new "material" that is nigh impossible to farm, takes ages to build, uses rare mats to build, is used in all dojo construction and apparently is necessary for the bps of dojo weapons??? How is it that this, to put it bluntly, pay to gain item, is necessary for nearly everything in U8? It severely limits the dojo aspect for players not willing to pay/not willing to play the lottery game with a warped RNG.

Tuna the dojo is still in Alpha mode, so alot still can be changed to make it more viable, for me I don't really mind the dojo costs, but I do agree that 15 forma is quite much, I mean it's 20$ to buy them or you really need to be lucky with daily rewards or drop from Voids (Which if you aren't lucky with the key drop you also need to spent money for them)

Fifty people isn't exactly my idea of "tight knit."  I really hope the livestream "discussion" consists of more than just the devs trying to convince tiny clans consisting of a few friends who like to play together that they're doin' it wrong.  The number of people we choose to align with seems like a really arbitrary condition for gating content.

Got to agree with you. A tight knit clan (in my opinion) is around 20 people, or less. If they do the changes for the number 50, it will still pose a lot of problems for those many under 20 people clans.

So, yeah, 50 is scary :(

Edited by Kohira

Any number the Devs would say would be wrong. The idea is the culture of play not the number. Plus they only suggest it. It is only a suggestion. They are not cold shouldering ant smaller/ larger clans. The game has turned to a clan based enviroment forsure, but it is best to hold till the interview later.

I hope they will iron out the many bugs that came with this patch before going with the next bigger update.

Like with the Kunai Infinite Reload Bug along with animation glitches of how you hold them during terminal hacking and extraction, or that the Grineer Scorpion keep hooking people WHILE sliding along the floor towards you.

Or perhaps too the Ragdolls that stretch themselves so badly and twitch around that the framerates take a hit.

Please please please don't make "ONLY" High Waves of Defense be rewarding.

There are lots of people who can't do no stinking 50 waves of Defense because they don't have those uber, awesome mods.

Waves 5-10 need to reward more than Hellfires too.

Otherwise there's no point in me doing Defense if you have to get to Wave 50 to get anything good reliably. Rewarding Wave50+ a little better? OK sure. But don't forget the rewards on lower waves too...

Am I the only one who sees people going around with nothing but kunais mowing down everything pretty fast?
I realize they can't have their damage nerfed or they won't be able to stealth kill, maybe a fire rate nerf, I don't think the kunais should outDPS Twin Vipers and Akboltos?
And fix the reload glitch, of course.

Also, every time I go kill Jackal, it's stuck in the floor then immediately drops to the void beneath his own square and dies.
Okay, if I need to finish Fossa, that's good, but if I'm trying to get Rhino BP parts, it's very bad, since the loot doesn't appear.

So you just ignored all the threads regarding Frost Prime BP exclusivity (which you backtracked on) and the weekend event you trivialized (even if it was rigged from the beginning)?

Those topics were almost as "hot" as the clan balance ones yet you just conveniently ignored them. Just great.

Are U planning to add Grineers looking armors? Or more weapons?

Most important question: Do U guys will maintance this game F2P or soon there will be something U need to buy to play (let's say play at normal lv with normal content)?

50 is an unwieldy number and not "tight nit". Talk to anyone who's had any position of leadership in any large MMO. From WoW to EVE, getting 50 people organized to do anything is an insane task. The current Dojos being the exception because it's shinny, but that shinny will fade.

For goddess sakes 50 people is almost the totality of ones extend family coming from last gen baby-boomers. This is an online game focusing on space ninjas, not a historical recreation of Sengoku social structures. There isn't a position in your game for "support" staff. Even in EVE-Online your typical group structure was on average around 10 to 20 characters, including Alterante Accounts in many cases.

16 to 20 should be your target. 16 is the minimum you need to be efficient Void key hunters.

If you want larger groups you should focus on your Meta-game first, get some Lore going, and manybe add a way for clan Alliances to infulance the state of Origin politics.

U never played EVE Online then.

Actually yes, did my time in 0.0 and worm hole spaces. The larger collective unit is the Alliance, not the Corporation. Being the POS fuel *@##$ for a worm hole camp sucked balls, especially when no one in the extended alliance of 4 20ish people corps ever used the bloody thing.

Edited by Brasten

May 28th: Hot Feedback Topics:

A lot of these Hot Feedback Topics are the same as last weeks: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/47095-may-19th-hot-feedback-topics/ I also suspect a lot of these will be discussed in Tomorrow's Livestream.

1) What now? Update 8 is here?

Yes, it is! Thanks for sticking through the Hotfixes and playing Update 8! We have a Livestream on May 29th @ 2 PM EDT (tomorrow), and I plan on bringing up a lot of issues reported so we can come up with solutions and  hear what the Devs have to say!

Namely, this list:

2) Defense Rewards! Better on higher waves!

Hellfires be damned, it’s time to ensure higher waves provide appropriate rewards. Scotty says:  We will definitely review this. We see a lot of Hellfire mods and we see lots of people getting to Wave 50 +. Realistically the higher waves should give different rewards.

3) Update Notes - we want details!

Yes, I think we should put more time into forming this list and adding important details to our players. Allow us to improve as the Updates and Hotfixes roll out.

More to this list will be added post-Livestream.

Around 50 members ? A lot of the complaints from the forum comes from people that plays in clans of 5-15 people.

5 is not a clan, 5 is squad +1. Let's not exaggerate.

A clan is whatever you want it to be (in terms of numbers) However 10-15 is more reasonable than say 50 for balance I think.

edit: Also, sometimes clans are simply just made up of a squad of people, it's not unheard of.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1