Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rip Quiette Shy's Channel

omeggga

Well, Im not srupised, "He" uses copyrighted movie clips/images/references, he uses a voice program, that clearly don't belong to him, along with that he makes overbearingly criticize's aginest warframe, due all respect, he kinder had it coming. 

As far as I know Quiette Shy is a mute girl that uses, and pays for the use of said Voice Software.

Also criticizing something isn't grounds to remove a channel, and most of it was satire anyway.

The only thing that you have an actual point in is the clips of copyrighted items. Which, if anyone has followed cases involving youtube's copyright strikes, knows is not the most legit thing ever.

Edited by SJunior

Well, Im not srupised, "He" uses copyrighted movie clips/images/references, he uses a voice program, that clearly don't belong to him, along with that he makes overbearingly criticize's aginest warframe, due all respect, he kinder had it coming. 

Quiette has to pay for that text-to-speech program. If she weren't mute then she wouldn't have to. But the surgeons #*($%%@ up her vocal chords so she had no choice. Also, as it says on the website,The sound files that you download are free of rights. You can use them for all personal or commercial projects. There is only one limitation: if you plan to create an advertisement that will be broadcast on radio or television you must contact us first.

And if the short 10 second tops clips she uses from movies and such were the reason? That is utter bullS#&$.

Youtube was her only way to get her "voice" out there. Good job on youtube's part. Silence the mute person.

Edited by Drunkenbagel

Oh man, I hope they give the account back. Those videos were always fun to watch. Why would they ban them? And who would denounce them in the first place?

#WeareallQuietteShy

:c

Edited by Lokime

The only thing that you have an actual point in is the clips of copyrighted items. Which, if anyone has followed cases involving youtube's copyright strikes, knows is not the most legit thing ever.

It's a gray swamp where the youtuber has little to no power unless they are huge.

There's even scam companies who claim ownership of copyrights and rely on youtubers being too afraid to dispute the claims so they can keep advertising on videos without owning the copyright in question.

There's also cases of trailer footage and press releases being DMCAd, even videos with certain words can get pulled. Like with the word Pixels a while ago (on Vimeo).

Edited by Ziegrif

Huray for youtube commiting fellatio to the greedy big industry latecomers. Instead of, you know, the actual youtubers that made it big.

#F*ckgreedycorporated*cks

And because they deserve it:

#f*ckonami

I realy hope shy doesn't take this sh*t to bad. It's already hard enough to be a small youtuber, who's also mute, without corporations bothering you.

Hey can't we sue them for harrasing people wih a handicap? That would make for a great PR disaster.

Edited by undernown

There is her Patreon.

The patreon is there to support her videos. But now she has no medium to convey all of that, which makes the patreon pointless. 

But if donating a buttload of money to patreon will bring her back then I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

It makes me angry and makes me want to punch someone that works at google.

But no. I can't even do that. I don't know where the google headquarters is. And even if I did, it's probably out of country and I won't have the money to get there.

Edited by Drunkenbagel

The patreon is there to support her videos. But now she has no medium to convey all of that, which makes the patreon pointless.

But if donating a buttload of money to patreon will bring her back then I'd do it in a heartbeat.

But no. I can't even do that. I don't know where the google headquarters is. And even if I did, it's probably out of country and I won't have the money to get there.

Pretty sure they're somewhere in California, but you're last sentence still holds.

The sad thing is that all Quiette Shy had to do was use random clips from movies/music etc. and it can easily get a good channel ruined by Youtube's overzealous policy. 

Basically, how it works is that Youtube doesn't want to get in trouble, and they don't want to spend the time to see if a video falls within fair use or not. So even if it's just an occasional clip and used to make a point, and may be able to fall under fair use, Youtube errs on the side of laziness and just removes/punishes anything that gets reported by the copyright owner as a violation, even if that claim by the copyright owner is overzealous in the first place. 

This is why people need to find alternate video hosting sites. Youtube is not good. 

Help her find a different site to host her videos and spread publicity through social media and word of mouth. People need to stop relying on Youtube. They are a practical monopoly only because we allow them to be. 

Edit: Also could the OP please edit the title to reflect that it is her video channel being terminated? Before I read the thread I thought the OP was saying that the personality behind the channel had died in real life. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Haven't watched her much but if the case is using a few seconds of a film/footage I don't see why other Youtubers like Angry Joe are still alive for so many years. Didn't his Godzilla review use tons of Godzilla movie footage?

Angry Joe even got copyright claims from Bethesda because they didn't like his review on Skyrim... Talk about ***holes...

Haven't watched her much but if the case is using a few seconds of a film/footage I don't see why other Youtubers like Angry Joe are still alive for so many years. Didn't his Godzilla review use tons of Godzilla movie footage?

IIRC 9 seconds of copyrighted footage is protected by fair use (don't quote me on that).

Angry Joe is part of Polaris a network that acts as a bit of a safety net between copyright holders, the youtuber and youtube.

Of course this protection has eroded a bit along the years.

Of course there are still companies who do not give a flying **** like Nintendo.

There was also that time when Youtube launched it's automatic copyright scanner thingy that gave Angry Joe a lot of disputes over videogame music of all things.

Angry Joe even got copyright claims from Bethesda because they didn't like his review on Skyrim... Talk about ***holes...

IIRC this is false.
The music got flagged by the Content ID system of youtube at its inception by a robot.

Angry Joe gave the game a 10/10 so no.
Edited by Ziegrif

The sad thing is that all Quiette Shy had to do was use random clips from movies/music etc. and it can easily get a good channel ruined by Youtube's overzealous policy. 

Basically, how it works is that Youtube doesn't want to get in trouble, and they don't want to spend the time to see if a video falls within fair use or not. So even if it's just an occasional clip and used to make a point, and may be able to fall under fair use, Youtube errs on the side of laziness and just removes/punishes anything that gets reported by the copyright owner as a violation, even if that claim by the copyright owner is overzealous in the first place. 

This is why people need to find alternate video hosting sites. Youtube is not good. 

Lazy does not even begin to describe how vile Youtube's copyright system is. It's literally guilty until proven innocent, and the claimants IMMEDIATELY get all advertising revenue from the infringing videos until (or if) the creator wins the appeal. There's more than enough shady companies skulking Youtube just to cash grab videos (that they may not even have a justified claim on) from mid-tier channels that don't have the resources to fight back swiftly. Even if the creator wins, it's still usually a multi-week process and the claimants get all the money until then.

Lazy does not even begin to describe how vile Youtube's copyright system is. It's literally guilty until proven innocent, and the claimants IMMEDIATELY get all advertising revenue from the infringing videos until (or if) the creator wins the appeal. There's more than enough shady companies skulking Youtube just to cash grab videos (that they may not even have a justified claim on) from mid-tier channels that don't have the resources to fight back swiftly. Even if the creator wins, it's still usually a multi-week process and the claimants get all the money until then.

People trusted google's "don't be evil" motto, and gave them way too much power. Now google has proven that power always corrupts. 

OP: Please edit the title since it's her YouTube channel that's gone, not her. The title is misleading.

Hopefully she will make a post or something soon so that we can get an accurate update on what happened and how we can help. I think something similar happened to Jimquisition a while back and it was only a temp ban while YouTube investigated copyright claims, if that is indeed the reason. However, since we don't really know, I won't speculate.