Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Kavasa Prime Collar Too Little Return For The Effort It Takes To Get It?

(PSN)devack13

Hi there; I just spent 3 to 4 days farming the Kavasa prime Collar partially due to so little info being around about it but whatever. It was an up hill battle i had to do many T4 runs and even buy a few keys from the market, T4 is a tedious key to acquire as well as sometimes an actual chance of loosing a revive or two even for late game players And the Kavasa prime collar parts all come from T4 missions; On top of being an RNG nightmare for some reason and i finally get my hands on it and see it only adds a minor stat buff and must ask myself "Was it worth it?" I feel like this was a vary small return on my time and work in getting it but i want to hear your thoughts on the matter. Am i right? Is the cost DE has set for getting it too high? Did you have a way easier time of it and i'm just unlucky? or is this just something you don't see as an issue that needs more then just a passing thought?

What makes you feel that the stat gains are minor, exactly?

100 armor flat bonus and +5 to shield and health base, equates out closer to around 90~/90~ shield and health bonuses with max affection and a maxed Vit/Redir on your actual frame. It's roughly +100~ to all health/defense stats. Seems pretty worth it to me considering it's the only thing that can be equipped on a doge.

EDIT: I would like to see more collars like this actually. This is the type of "kubrow equipment" I've been clamoring about for a while. Now we just need one that adds elemental damage and adds 25% flat status chance. o3o!

Edited by DiosGX

I think the boost is very worth it based on the math above. (So far, complaints have been that the stat boost was very small.) I don't have it yet, but I will get it despite my feelings that overall the concept of a prime kubrow via collar, armor, and masking kit was underwhelming. 

I think the best way to judge if this is for you, is if you are a kubrow Tenno or not. Do you use them regularly? Do you find them useful? Then it's not a bad idea to get it.

If you find them useless, don't bother.

EDIT: For those of you who are enjoying the upgrades, if you'd like to contribute votes in the effort to gauge how useful the Kavasa features are, please see this thread and poll:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/542633-are-you-satisfied-with-the-kavasa-prime-kubrows/#entry6106285

Edited by Rhekemi

It adds 100 armor and makes it so that Kubrows that do turn to gloop can get reconstructed. More armor=more survivability=good thing.

I was wondering whether or not that was flavor text or an actual thing the collar did. Can anyone confirm this?

Its like nobody even bothers to farm the complete thing?

I kept asking for a full set in the trading chat and I only got a handfull of people who had max one or two things on them. T_T

Same reason you can't find a whole odonata prime set: no one really cares about it. The only reason those people have those pieces at all is because they were looking for something else and got that instead.

Did you really think they would replace the sicarus prime with something that *wasn't* void trash?

Edited by Saint_of_Grey

I dropped a Kavasa Prime Collar Blueprint on my first T4MD run, I think it was MD.

It seems like the least you want something, the higher the chance you'll drop it.

How rare is the BP btw ? I'm trying to sell it but is 40p (trade chat price) really worth it ? It's listed at 150 on warframe.market though

Edited by MarkDaPanda

100 armor flat bonus and +5 to shield and health 

Armor is a minor bonus on kubrows. 

I would rather have a collar with +50%  AI. thats would be a cool bonus lol.

btw i have it and dont feel its actually more durable. you still need to use tricks to keep them alive in not-so-long enless T4s. And not needed at all in short missions (and i dont use it linked to a max armored valkyr)

Edited by JohnKable

I dropped a Kavasa Prime Collar Blueprint on my first T4MD run, I think it was MD.

It seems like the least you want something, the higher the chance you'll drop it.

How rare is the BP btw ? I'm trying to sell it but is 40p (trade chat price) really worth it ? It's listed at 150 on warframe.market though

That website isn't accurate. The whole sets are about 150.

how a website can be accurate about prices.. ppl apply the prices they want, is ur choice if buy it or not, indeed lower the price u willing to pay, more the time effort u must throw in the market to find it

Bp is a T4 md drop, collar is T4 sabot drop

I should assume you're from the xbox platform. Prices are different.

But yea, website isn't accurate on THIS particular item. Every other prime parts/mods actually have kind of the correct price on it.

100 armor flat bonus and +5 to shield and health base, equates out closer to around 90~/90~ shield and health bonuses with max affection and a maxed Vit/Redir on your actual frame. It's roughly +100~ to all health/defense stats. Seems pretty worth it to me considering it's the only thing that can be equipped on a doge.

EDIT: I would like to see more collars like this actually. This is the type of "kubrow equipment" I've been clamoring about for a while. Now we just need one that adds elemental damage and adds 25% flat status chance. o3o!

I only feels it's minor cause the kubrow decaying is never an issue for me i stock up on the DNA rapair things and while Armor buff is not useless it's not the the best thing ever cause i use heavily shielded frames My main dislike is that it takes work to get a lot of work and i just don't feel as rewarded with it as i did with Trinity prime

Edited by (PS4)devack13

Depends on what frame you're using. If you're using a frame with low base armor stat, the 100 armor boost of the collar can increase your Kubrow survivability significantly.

Really? Is it possible mine is broken or the armor buff does not show? Cause i use Trinity prime and see no changes