Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Limbo A Buff Or Make Limbo Prime!

(XBOX)bigttgothgrl

Limbo if used correctly is an amazing frame and can be a complete power house. (I have a build to support this, message me if you wish to see it.) The only problem is, Limbo is kind of a glass cannon. Yes, I understand rift walk makes him virtually indestructible in some cases, but with only 250 shields and 65 armor, his defense is very good. I believe he needs a buff to armor and/or shields. Even if only 60 shield and an extra 15 armor is added. A limbo prime also doesn't sound to bad also.

I don't see it happening because of the amount of control you have over who can and can't attack you. I certainly wouldn't say no to some kind of defensive boost while Rift Walk is active. But honestly, I'd rather see Rift Walk and Rift Surge merged and them give us a new 3rd power than a stat or defense boost. Maybe so sort of CC or something like that.

Edited by Ceryk

too early for a limbo prime, check yourself

I don't see it happening because of the amount of control you have over who can and can't attack you. I certainly wouldn't say no to some kind of defensive boost while Rift Walk is active. But honestly, I'd rather see Rift Walk and Rift Surge merged and them give us a new 3rd power than a stat or defense boost.

agree

I think his prime version will solve his problems. Plus every frame is gonna get primed but its not gonna happen for awhile. Next prime everyone believes will be Banshee. Trinity prime marked a milestone for prime frames because she was the last of the original frames back n beta days.

Edit: I don't really like how Limbo style is. He just don't seem to fit the situation half the time.

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

I don't see it happening because of the amount of control you have over who can and can't attack you. I certainly wouldn't say no to some kind of defensive boost while Rift Walk is active. But honestly, I'd rather see Rift Walk and Rift Surge merged and them give us a new 3rd power than a stat or defense boost.

That would be awesome too, but when your leveling him up and you just got him, never used him before, he's difficult to play as. I've forma'd him 3 times and gave him that new slot. He needs a defense buff.

I think his prime version will solve his problems. Plus every frame is gonna get primed but its not gonna happen for awhile. Next prime everyone believes will be Banshee. Trinity prime marked a milestone for prime frames because she was the last of the original frames back n beta days.

Edit: I don't really like how Limbo style is. He just don't seem to fit the situation half the time.

It's the players, not the situation. I very rarely see people playing Limbo well.

1 - you acknowledge that Limbo is basically indestructible 99.100% of the time due to Rift, then proceed to complain that his statistical durability isn't high enough.

2 - extra Armor? sigh. why do people think this is useful? Armor is useful in addition to Health. but it takes a lot of it to make a difference.

i don't get why everyone harps about Armor "oh just give it more Armor" is the answer to everything.

too many ignorant people that don't know about the stats they're talking about :v

and Rift Surge is a much bigger problem than anything else about Limbo. Rift Surge is basically pointless. 

As you said, currently, Limbo is amazing if used correctly but the problem is when is the time that he will be used correctly and that makes him a very situational warframe.

He is great with solo and with organized teams and if people needed an specific frame but most of the time people do PUGs for quick runs and rather than help, Limbo annoys other players as they dont want what limbo does best and hinder what other players want to do.

And Rift surge, it should be replaced for more team friendly skill and Rift surge should be incorporated with Cataclysm to give people more incentive to be in the Cataclysm globe rather than just a measly energy regen and unable to pick up thing mechanic.

And as most of his kit does not benefit randoms teams so you cant use him whenever you like and thats where things fall apart for Limbo.

Priming Limbo wont solve his problems, what does prime stats offer to Limbo to make him very useful? none

Next prime everyone believes will be Banshee. 

Not Just Banshee, most people believed the the next prime will be either Valkyr, Saryn or Banshee.

And Its already been confirmed by Steve that the next prime is Saryn, so theres that.

Edited by KuzkinaMat

Limbo is a good frame, you are just A novice Not using him right.

No limbo prime yet, He has to wait his turn. If you think limbo is a bad frame, why would you want a prime. It won't fix anything at all. If you want limbo prime, lol just paint the Shiny parts gold and Turn him white/black

Limbo if used correctly is an amazing frame and can be a complete power house. (I have a build to support this, message me if you wish to see it.) The only problem is, Limbo is kind of a glass cannon. Yes, I understand rift walk makes him virtually indestructible in some cases, but with only 250 shields and 65 armor, his defense is very good. I believe he needs a buff to armor and/or shields. Even if only 60 shield and an extra 15 armor is added. A limbo prime also doesn't sound to bad also.

Do you run natural talent? While I agree his shield/armor values are a little low, I see natural talent as almost mandatory IMO. Being able to shift into Rift Walk quickly has saved me plently of times, that being said, if his powers were to receive a cast speed buff I would at least be able to fit another defensive mod in my load out.

That would be a decent QoL buff for Limbo that would inadvertently be a buff to his defenses by letting me swap Natural Talent out for Redirection but YMMV. 

It would be nice to see his shield value increased to 100 base instead of 75 though.

Edited by Doombrigade

Limbo's problem exist beyond simply being a glass frame. His ability to survive a battle is lauded out as an amazing tool yet his ability to actually fight is very limited. Being able to deal 300% damage in the rift is cool and all but consider this, you have to be on same plane as them in order to deal that kind of damage.

How do you get them on the same plane as you? You either take the tedious time to cast them into the rift one by one or you set up a cataclysm which still places you at risk due to your squishiness. Even with 300% damage it's not ideal for dps in any sense of the word. 

The rift also doesn't have extra effects beyond regenerating energy but also presents multiple downsides to its use such as not being able to claim energy orbs in the rift or being unable to kill enemies from the outside without using abilities.

Edited by Unholyrequiem

Limbo needs to create an area around himself similar to maim/mend with all the same functions as regular cataclysm. the constant cast recast and bubble shrink is hell.With the maim method you can focus a little more on duration than range(since dur = eff) and in turn more strength for surge since the area will follow you.

I don't see it happening because of the amount of control you have over who can and can't attack you. I certainly wouldn't say no to some kind of defensive boost while Rift Walk is active. But honestly, I'd rather see Rift Walk and Rift Surge merged and them give us a new 3rd power than a stat or defense boost. Maybe so sort of CC or something like that.

Evry frame has this potential! Old tenno scrolls speak of it, rarely anyone has seen it and survived tho.

I'll share this old secret with you guys... all you have to do is enter the menu and...

abort the mission.

Seriously, just why should barely participating in the game be consideret a huge advantage?!

You can banish enemys one by one...then what? Try a lvl 100 eximus bombard. You'll eventually run outa energy just from the toggle alone. And pray to god he doesn't resist the knockdown....

He is WEAK. He has ZERO Damage or CC potential and his only defense is equivalent to leaving the game. Does anyone here actually believe that he couldn't need a buff?!

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Evry frame has this potential! Old tenno scrolls speak of it, rarely anyone has seen it and survived tho.

I'll share this old secret with you guys... all you have to do is enter the menu and...

abort the mission.

Seriously, just why should barely participating in the game be consideret a huge advantage?!

You can banish enemys one by one...then what? Try a lvl 100 eximus bombard. You'll eventually run outa energy just from the toggle alone. And pray to god he doesn't resist the knockdown....

He is WEAK. He has ZERO Damage or CC potential and his only defense is equivalent to leaving the game. Does anyone here actually believe that he couldn't need a buff?!

Your first big mistake was comparing him to a level 100. No frames are ever compared against these ridiculously scaled enemies when balance is in discussion. 

Your second big mistake was putting him against a single level 100 Eximus Bombard... That bombard is @(*()$ DEAD. He stands NO chance, if you lose to that single bombard, you don't know how to play, simple as that. Just bring a sufficient weapon to take most enemies down, and rift-surge is there to ensure they stay dead.  

Nullifiers? Now that's a weakness to every frame in the game so that doesn't count. 

Speaking of level 100 though, Limbo is probably one of the most survivable frames on these levels, alongside other frames with pseudo-invincibility, and ironically the higher level the enemy is, the more effective Limbo becomes. 

Limbo is not supposed to be a 1-button murder-house like the other frames. He's more of an arcane assassin who takes out priority targets, or groups on choke-points. That, and he has the huge advantage of being able to navigate the battlefield at his own terms while serving as a distraction for his teammates. He is basically a murdering Decoy in that scenario, taking all the fire from his enemies away from his teammates while still being a slow but efficient killer. 

Now he has faults, one of them being forced to manage three different timers at once to remain effective. 

Edited by TwiceDead

If you fail to defeat an enemy in a one-on-one encounter as a Limbo, then that is absolutely 100% your fault as a player.  You do not know the mechanics of Warframe well enough, the end.  As an example of this, you not having to rely on "luck" of sorts in order to hope the foe you're facing doesn't resist the knockdown.  This is a case in point thing;  Knockdowns are not unpredictable/unreliable at all.  Whether they will or won't work is 100% predictable so long as you understand all of the mechanics at play.  What animations do have and don't have animation lock, knowing this both for the player (to avoid knockdowns) and for the enemy (to know when they can/can't be knocked down) is imperative to not only Limbo, but to every frame in the game.

The reason people do poorly as Limbo isn't the fault of the frame, it's the fault of players not understanding Limbo's advantages or the general mechanics of Warframe itself.  If you consider yourself to be "barely participating" while playing Limbo, then you're doing it wrong.

This isn't to say Limbo couldn't do with a bit of a light touch, polishing the frame to improve his play within the niche he resides.  But by no means does this potent frame need wide sweeping changes/buffs nor some poorly thought out rework.  What Limbo needs, moreso than many a frame, is an operator who actually takes some time to think about a scenario and how to skew it in their favor.  Not every frame needs to be "turn-your-brain-off easy" like Loki, and I say that as someone who does also enjoy playing the mindless frame that is Loki.  A little complexity here and there is a good thing for variation.

Your first big mistake was comparing him to a level 100. No frames are ever compared against these ridiculously scaled enemies when balance is in discussion.

Your second big mistake was putting him against a single level 100 Eximus Bombard... That bombard is @(*()$ DEAD. He stands NO chance, if you lose to that single bombard, you don't know how to play, simple as that. Just bring a sufficient weapon to take most enemies down, and rift-surge is there to ensure they stay dead.

Nullifiers? Now that's a weakness to every frame in the game so that doesn't count.

Speaking of level 100 though, Limbo is probably one of the most survivable frames on these levels, alongside other frames with pseudo-invincibility, and ironically the higher level the enemy is, the more effective Limbo becomes.

Limbo is not supposed to be a 1-button murder-house like the other frames. He's more of an arcane assassin who takes out priority targets, or groups on choke-points. That, and he has the huge advantage of being able to navigate the battlefield at his own terms while serving as a distraction for his teammates. He is basically a murdering Decoy in that scenario, taking all the fire from his enemies away from his teammates while still being a slow but efficient killer.

Now he has faults, one of them being forced to manage three different timers at once to remain effective.

And most frames still manage a 1vs1 encounter against a lvl 100 eximus. Limbo, whos trademark, whos ONLY OPTION is exactly this struggles like hell while not only beein in the rift but actually expelling the whole group from the battle.

The whole rift concept is just straight bullS#&$ and the execution is horrible.

I mean...why a completely different plane? What's wrong with a combination of damage amplifying and reduction while you're in the the rift, ya know, beein on a MORE EFFECTIVE instead of some random wavelength, widening the difference even further for banished enemys, offering a actuall advantage inside of the cataclysm for you and your group... why no alternative to volts shield instead of the useless personal buff?

Thers multiple ways to rework him into a better frame using the same concept... all he has is his strange tactical nieche now. This is without discussion a bad concept.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

• 2 weeks later...

1 - you acknowledge that Limbo is basically indestructible 99.100% of the time due to Rift, then proceed to complain that his statistical durability isn't high enough.

2 - extra Armor? sigh. why do people think this is useful? Armor is useful in addition to Health. but it takes a lot of it to make a difference.

i don't get why everyone harps about Armor "oh just give it more Armor" is the answer to everything.

too many ignorant people that don't know about the stats they're talking about :v

and Rift Surge is a much bigger problem than anything else about Limbo. Rift Surge is basically pointless.

When you are fighting in a cataclysm or a energy drain enemy or effect takes place, limbo can't really go to the rift, so in this case he needs a defense buff of some kind.

Limbo is a good frame, you are just A novice Not using him right.

No limbo prime yet, He has to wait his turn. If you think limbo is a bad frame, why would you want a prime. It won't fix anything at all. If you want limbo prime, lol just paint the Shiny parts gold and Turn him white/black

Actually, I know how to use him, I just think in the case of fighting in the rift or if their is an energy drain that limbo should have a little extra base defense stats.

Do you run natural talent? While I agree his shield/armor values are a little low, I see natural talent as almost mandatory IMO. Being able to shift into Rift Walk quickly has saved me plently of times, that being said, if his powers were to receive a cast speed buff I would at least be able to fit another defensive mod in my load out.

That would be a decent QoL buff for Limbo that would inadvertently be a buff to his defenses by letting me swap Natural Talent out for Redirection but YMMV.

It would be nice to see his shield value increased to 100 base instead of 75 though.

I don't have natural talent sadly, I also haven't run into a point where I needed it.

When you are fighting in a cataclysm or a energy drain enemy or effect takes place, limbo can't really go to the rift, so in this case he needs a defense buff of some kind.

- Banish Energy Drain Enemy.

- instantly Kill it with your free Ground Finisher, or shoot it in the head, whatever. if the Enemy is SO high Level you can't Kill it quickly, use Rift Surge (yay, one use for the Ability!) and the you're sure to nuke the Enemy.

I don't have natural talent sadly, I also haven't run into a point where I needed it.

Cataclysm is pretty slow to cast without it, IMO. and helps the others ofcourse, but mostly for Cataclysm.