Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt - Some Ideas To Resurrect A Dead Frame.

(PSN)Kish_Lat

shock trooper augment + shield crit damage increase is pretty hefty if you run some power str and duration

Im running intensify trans fort for  175% str

max narrow minded works because overload is a flaming turd in its current state.  losing Shock bounce range is negligible

shield is meh for defending pods unless you;re running a comp that lets you spam.  

with shocktrooper/shield He is a damage multiplier with strong damage negation.  kind of in a place between banshee damage buff and frost damage negation.

THAT BEING SAID, cc is king, and volt doesnt have much of it, unless you want to spam 1 and 4 with a range build...

Aaanyway. He was designed to be a "starter frame" from the very beginning. A supporter that offers something for anyone. Thing is,the constants in his kit are unhealthy for him on the long run. All his proccs have a constant duration (could be duration influenced) while beein affected by range, his electric shield has a flat buff and (nerfed) range but doesn't scale with anything except your weapons themselfes. This is good for beginners but real bad for higher lvls compared to other frames that offer similar benefits with actuall mod influence.

Things DE likes to pretend aside, Volt is a terrible starter. He needs extensive mod work to reach any real potential. He doesn't even have any business being a starting frame. Ash or Oberon would be much better choices. Even Nyx.

Once you get some considerable duration/efficiency on him, then he can do good work. He can cast a Speed that lasts long enough to benefit a team, he can use multiple shields to defend an objective/person, and his Shock Trooper augment is the easiest to land on allies (yes, even moving ones). His 4, like Mag's, could use some work.

You can start as Volt, but he's no starter frame.

Things DE likes to pretend aside, Volt is a terrible starter. He needs extensive mod work to reach any real potential. He doesn't even have any business being a starting frame. Ash or Oberon would be much better choices. Even Nyx.

Once you get some considerable duration/efficiency on him, then he can do good work. He can cast a Speed that lasts long enough to benefit a team, he can use multiple shields to defend an objective/person, and his Shock Trooper augment is the easiest to land on allies (yes, even moving ones). His 4, like Mag's, could use some work.

His ult most definitly needs a rework, maxing strength isn't rly worth it and you can't rly build for melee eather, what leaves you with exactly duration and efficiency like you said.

Compared to other frames?...

I'd also like to have oberon on his spot while volt having reworked. Oberon is GREAT for beginners. Even tho most of them won't be able to appreciate him... i mean you need a basic understanding of his effects to do so. The fact that rework threads that completely ignore anything but his blank damage potential pop up evry now and then just prooves this.

Combined with a propper tutorial? Sure.

His ult most definitly needs a rework, maxing strength isn't rly worth it and you can't rly build for melee eather, what leaves you with exactly duration and efficiency like you said.

Well, the max strength does give Volt blazing speed and melee speed so it's definetly for speed more so Overload.

Lol I can't believe people are saying volt is weak to grinner. Yes the electric bonus from elec shield is -50% on alloy armor but you really think that makes volt not good against grineer?

Volt is better against grineer than he is corpus. Corpus have so many ways to avoid electric shield while grineer have many straight on shooters that will sit there and attack electric shield as if they're hoping to somehow break it.

Just because electric shield has a dmg bonus against corpus does not mean he's good against corpus only. Lol so many tenno are so lost..

Meta-wise volt requires decent duration (electric shield has AMAZING base duration) and a crit based weapon to actually do work.

Due to electric shields elec dmg bonus and 2x crit multiplier volt is meant to use abusive crit weapons to literally shoot and kill all that stand in his way. He can't use abilities to make enemies dumb, blind, frozen, etc. So he requires super powerful guns.

To put it into perspective though my syn gam while shooting in the head through electric shield deals over 100k burst and my Soma Prime deals about 50k burst. These numbers are honestly insane and if nova is in your party they get even crazier, but that's all he has. He used insane dmg to kill and the utility that his abilities has helps a lot and gives him some uses over simply using nova yourself.

Volt needs more utility on speed, overload needs to feel like an ultimate and that's about it. But at the moment you either have a maxed volt with duration and crit based weapons or your volt is just garbage. He needs his other abilities to be more worth it.

Well, the max strength does give Volt blazing speed and melee speed so it's definetly for speed more so Overload.

You are able to use the speed for rushing trough missions, whats a minor nieche if anything. Melee is a BAD idea for him right now. (I tried. I rly did.)

I wouldn't exactly consider a nieche only used to rush trough tactical alerts worth building for in therms of generall gameplay.

You only have duration and efficiency in the lategame. A little bit range maybe to max the effective use of the short interrupting CC. Nothing else rly.... on a kit that would feature the need but it's just not worth building for. That's a huge problem.

Volt is actually my favourite warframe. I came into this game as Volt and i'll go out as a Volt Prime. I love teaming with a Trinity so i can just spam the crap out of his abilities. So fun to play and i would love a buff for him.

You are able to use the speed for rushing trough missions, whats a minor nieche if anything. Melee is a BAD idea for him right now. (I tried. I rly did.)

I wouldn't exactly consider a nieche only used to rush trough tactical alerts worth building for in therms of generall gameplay.

You only have duration and efficiency in the lategame. A little bit range maybe to max the effective use of the short interrupting CC. Nothing else rly.... on a kit that would feature the need but it's just not worth building for. That's a huge problem.

Lol he's a melee frame.... I would I use him for melee only

i played with the idea to make a similar Thread for a while - now i just saw this Thread and thought to write down my thoughts about Volt here real quick, lot's of Text incoming. 

he was my Starter Warframe & my first Prime Warframe, bought the Arcane Helmet of my choice for him too, i still keep a Loadout Slot just reserved for him - and i still use him regularly for more than just running through Levels very, very fast - because he and "all his Everything" are just super perfect... 

...untill at the best late Mid-Game... . 

because then, "all his Everything" suddenly feels like "getting entirely ignored" over and over at steadily increasing frequency: 

his Electro Damage won't harm Enemy's enough anymore, his Electro Proc's are like most other CC not doing anything to all those DR-Buffed and Eximus MoFu's anymore (so when you would need it the most, shows perfectly why i think that either fully CC-able or not at all are just too much of extremes that could use to be turned into a softer playing out Mechanic IMO). 

but even then - he at least just could make increased use of his Defensive Ability then, right? isn't it the idea behind it? but it's getting like ignored over and over too: Volt is getting pulled through the Shield by Whips/ Grapple Hooks helplessly into the World of Late Mid-Game+ Enemy Damage constantly, additionally Close Range Units are charging right through it to rough him up behind his glorious Shield of being ignored-ness constantly at the same time - while all those AE's are going right through this sh*t as well! 

well, but at least his Passive then? making him the great Escape-Boy, right? wrong! yes, fittingly pitiful to the rest of the State he's in in terms of "Relative Endgame Readyness", even his Speed-Ability is like getting constantly ignored as well in the way of that Cryo Status Effects, Tar and everything that's meant to slow down has just way too much effectiveness agains a Volt under the effects of the Speed Power with good extra Power-Strength, Enemy's don't have it any harder to Grapple-Hook him either - nor did DE apparently even care to give him at least some increased Knockdown Recovery for free while under the effects of the Speed Power... . 

so here are my ideas about how to not just better him a little, but to outright "Fix" him - because just like Oberon i think he's just outright brokenly UP compared to most other Warframes - the by mine as "Relative Endgame Readyness" dubbed: 

Electrical and Blast Damage, just too few Enemy's you face when Playing Volt (or Archwing with their mostly Blast-Damage oriented Powers) seem to take Extra Damage from it, while in comparison just too much of them seem to have too much of Resistance against it - ruining Volt/ AW's Game in terms of Damage Dealing greatly in average - plz. fix DE. 

most CC either applying fully or not at all - to harsh a Gap IMO, plz. soften this up DE. 

Frost's Augmented Snowglobe Barrier means safety inside it - why is Volt's Shield Power more a Weapon Buff Power than anything else? Enemy's shouldn't be able to grab through it with Whips/ Grapplehooks, nor should AE Bursts go through it - and Enemy's charging through it should get stunned for 3-4 seconds - and without extra Augment Mod's needed for it please. this also must be under any circumstances entirely regardless of if they are in an actively DR-Buffed State or are classified as Eximus Units, period.

because the Player just needs to get an increased bonus-time to recognize the charging threat, evaluate forms of reaction to it - and to start to execute them - to gain the increased level of safety while using this Power that it should offer. 

and lastly - Speed should IMO obviously get a Knockdown Recovery Bonus for free with it - and a Player using this Power should be affected much less by the Cryo, Tar and whatever Slowing-Down Movement, Melee, etc. Effects than it is the case right now - Limbo, Loki, etc. are much faster at escaping or breaking through all those Hazards - and they probably will always be - but should Volt be really THAT far behind them in this department as he is now? i don't think so. 

Edited by (PS4)HELLHOUND_ROCKO

i played with the idea to make a similar Thread for a while - now i just saw this Thread and thought to write down my thoughts about Volt here real quick, lot's of Text incoming.

he was my Starter Warframe & my first Prime Warframe, bought the Arcane Helmet of my choice for him too, i still keep a Loadout Slot just reserved for him - and i still use him regularly for more than just running through Levels very, very fast - because he and "all his Everything" are just super perfect...

...untill at the best late Mid-Game... .

because then, "all his Everything" suddenly feels like "getting entirely ignored" over and over at steadily increasing frequency:

his Electro Damage won't harm Enemy's enough anymore, his Electro Proc's are like most other CC not doing anything to all those DR-Buffed and Eximus MoFu's anymore (so when you would need it the most, shows perfectly why i think that either fully CC-able or not at all are just too much of extremes that could use to be turned into a softer playing out Mechanic IMO).

but even then - he at least just could make increased use of his Defensive Ability then, right? isn't it the idea behind it? but it's getting like ignored over and over too: Volt is getting pulled through the Shield by Whips/ Grapple Hooks helplessly into the World of Late Mid-Game+ Enemy Damage constantly, additionally Close Range Units are charging right through it to rough him up behind his glorious Shield of being ignored-ness constantly at the same time - while all those AE's are going right through this sh*t as well!

well, but at least his Passive then? making him the great Escape-Boy, right? wrong! yes, fittingly pitiful to the rest of the State he's in in terms of "Relative Endgame Readyness", even his Speed-Ability is like getting constantly ignored as well in the way of that Cryo Status Effects, Tar and everything that's meant to slow down has just way too much effectiveness agains a Volt under the effects of the Speed Power with good extra Power-Strength, Enemy's don't have it any harder to Grapple-Hook him either - nor did DE apparently even care to give him at least some increased Knockdown Recovery for free while under the effects of the Speed Power... .

so here are my ideas about how to not just better him a little, but to outright "Fix" him - because just like Oberon i think he's just outright brokenly UP compared to most other Warframes - the by mine as "Relative Endgame Readyness" dubbed:

Electrical and Blast Damage, just too few Enemy's you face when Playing Volt (or Archwing with their mostly Blast-Damage oriented Powers) seem to take Extra Damage from it, while in comparison just too much of them seem to have too much of Resistance against it - ruining Volt/ AW's Game in terms of Damage Dealing greatly in average - plz. fix DE.

most CC either applying fully or not at all - to harsh a Gap IMO, plz. soften this up DE.

Frost's Augmented Snowglobe Barrier means safety inside it - why is Volt's Shield Power more a Weapon Buff Power than anything else? Enemy's shouldn't be able to grab through it with Whips/ Grapplehooks, nor should AE Bursts go through it - and Enemy's charging through it should get stunned for 3-4 seconds - and without extra Augment Mod's needed for it please. this also must be under any circumstances entirely regardless of if they are in an actively DR-Buffed State or are classified as Eximus Units, period.

because the Player just needs to get an increased bonus-time to recognize the charging threat, evaluate forms of reaction to it - and to start to execute them - to gain the increased level of safety while using this Power that it should offer.

and lastly - Speed should IMO obviously get a Knockdown Recovery Bonus for free with it - and a Player using this Power should be affected much less by the Cryo, Tar and whatever Slowing-Down Movement, Melee, etc. Effects than it is the case right now - Limbo, Loki, etc. are much faster at escaping or breaking through all those Hazards - and they probably will always be - but should Volt be really THAT far behind them in this department as he is now? i don't think so.

I pretty much agree with this post here... I have never understood why enemies can simply walk thru Volt's shield and not get shocked. I have also never understood why Volt's speed was below other frames. I always felt he should be on tied for fastest.