Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis Buff

Gahrzerkire

It seems to be in a good spot to me. Tested a Corrosive + Heat status build in the Simulacrum (I went with level 40 enemies since that tends to be the "point of no return" for weapon balancing), and it melts through light enemies like they were made of butter. Admittedly it does struggle a tiny bit against Heavy units, but that seems like a reasonable tradeoff given how well it vaporizes crowds of fodder (without them even being in your LoS half the time to boot) which is the niche of flamethrower.

It's certainly not a god-tier gun, but it's a vast improvement over the piece of garbage that could barely kill level 30 Corpus that it used to be.

(All that said, I wouldn't be against them rounding up the base damage up to 30, just to make it a nice multiple of ten).

Examples please. The only thing that's comparable is the Ampex, and that has it's own niche with a different base element and less potential for punch through and spread than the Ignis. Phage has stronger damage with less spread, Convectrix has less vertical spread, and so on. There is no weapon on which you put Firestorm and can then proceed to damage enemies behind you while shooting forward. The spread is its biggest plus, the base damage element an optional advantage/disadvantage depending on what you fight.

It's like saying snipers are bad and need an increase in fire rate because their TTK is too low compared to assault rifles when the real issue is that there is no enemy types that make use of the niche snipers could excel in, like heavily armored enemies that you can only damage from the front if your shots exceed a certain damage threshold.

I've used the Ignis way before it was buffed, literally since they brought it out, and it was always more useful than any other AoE weapon in combination with damage enhancing abilities, because at some point damage becomes less relevant(Sonar, Accelerant) than spread, and the potential to kill many enemies at once.

I was responding to the point that someone else made, where they said that AoE weapons sacrifice single target damage to be efficient at killing crowds. And, in many games, this is the case. This is not true in Warframe, however. The Ogris, the Secura Penta, the Synoid Simulor, the Quanta, the Amprex, the Atomos, the Kulstar, and the Angstrum, all deal more far more single target damage than the Ignis (and many other high tier weapons)--whilst also mowing through crowds like nobodies business. Sure, they might not have quite the ability to hit as wide of an area as the Ignis, but they can simply move on and fire a couple more shots to clear the next area without skipping a beat.

Also, the Amprex creates chains for each target hit with the main beam when you have punch through, meaning you can actually hit two targets, and then have two seperate chains between those two and other enemies, dealing around 1.67x damage to each of the two initial targets, plus hitting anything in the room with the remaining arcs. Each of those arcs, by the way, can proc status effects independently of the main beam. The Amprex also does entirely critical damage, which gets multiplied by 4x instead of 2x for non-crit headshots. Making it vastly more efficient against single heavy targets. There's not a single facet in which the Amprex doesn't beat out the Ignis and then some. Except, maybe, ammo economy, but even that's moot, since the Amprex uses less ammo since it kills faster, anyways.

You are right, in the fact that an Ignis which can be affected by Chroma's Fury, or Ember's Accelerant, or Banshee's Sonar, etc. to become a devastating AoE weapon--but those other weapons can do that without those buffs. And if they can do that without buffs, easily up to level 70 content, imagine how much further into content they can scale with them?

I'll keep my Heat/Corrosive Supra on my Ember. Can shred groups and heavies. And gives me energy back.

Ignis certainly beats out Glaxion as a status weapon, though. Pure radiation vs. splitting between radiation and cold. Mod for duration and sweep to confuse entire crowds. Almost like trading a gun for a 5th power.

Plus, you know, being able to aim it.

Edited by Roboplus

A flame thrower should set stuff on fire, that is its purpose if it fails to do so it is no flame thrower, period! 

DE could have given the Ignis the same treatment as the Sonicor, 100% guaranteed ignite proc. The Ignis is still no flame thrower but rather a heat wave projector. 

A flame thrower should set stuff on fire, that is its purpose if it fails to do so it is no flame thrower, period! 

DE could have given the Ignis the same treatment as the Sonicor, 100% guaranteed ignite proc. The Ignis is still no flame thrower but rather a heat wave projector. 

atomos is the better flamethrower in that aspect then^^ it doesnt ignite with 100%, just 10% but it has 5 hits per second...so does that mean it has a 50% chance per second? well, it procs quite a lot

also it kill enemies with the fire animation

Edited by LazerusKI

IMHO the only thing the ignis need[s/ed] is to leave flaming napalm on the ground for a few secs like a real flamethrower does as well as have a guaranteed fire proc, it doesnt need to have 100% status chance per se, but just a specific guaranteed burn effect, similar to how the acrid has a guaranteed toxin DoT effect

edit - of course like Yago down here vvvvv says, the DoT effect SHOULD scale off the weapons base dmg AND any mods that increase that base dmg [ie hvycal serration etc] ; the acrid just got nerfed way back in the day when it was OP and has never been properly brought back up to spd becuz ppl at DE just make/forget things and dont do proper reviews/updates

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

IMHO the only thing the ignis need[s/ed] is to leave flaming napalm on the ground for a few secs like a real flamethrower does as well as have a guaranteed fire proc, it doesnt need to have 100% status chance per se, but just a specific guaranteed burn effect, similar to how the acrid has a guaranteed toxin DoT effect

The Acrid/Embolist's built in toxin proc only scales with base damage, and thus falls off horribly. I wouldn't want that on the Ignis, as it wouldn't help. If it were properly implemented, similar to the DoT on the Paracyst (which doesn't scale properly, but scales better, at least), it'd be ok. Still not counting on it. It would be nice if it left a fire trail, though.

The buff to Ignis was welcome, but it didnt go far enough, the damage is just TURRIBLE.

They nearly tripled its base damage and allowed it to deal that damage over a much larger area. If you're firing on two or more targets at close- to mid-range, then you're already outDPSing the Boltor Prime.

The damage is fine. The only things that I'd change right now are the mildly-glitchy AoE hitboxes and the gross "3 ticks per second"/"Status per second" mechanics that all continuous weapons suffer from.

They nearly tripled its base damage and allowed it to deal that damage over a much larger area. If you're firing on two or more targets at close- to mid-range, then you're already outDPSing the Boltor Prime.

The damage is fine. The only things that I'd change right now are the mildly-glitchy AoE hitboxes and the gross "3 ticks per second"/"Status per second" mechanics that all continuous weapons suffer from.

Put shred on your boltor prime?

Put shred on your boltor prime?

I use shred on most of my primaries. It isn't going to turn a rifle into an AOE monster. Sometimes you'll line up some sick shots, but it's not going to hit more than 1-3 enemies 90% of the time.

I use shred on most of my primaries. It isn't going to turn a rifle into an AOE monster. Sometimes you'll line up some sick shots, but it's not going to hit more than 1-3 enemies 90% of the time.

The Boltor Prime doesn't need punch through. The dead body of the first enemy in line kills anything on its way to the wall it's going to be pined at.

The Boltor Prime doesn't need punch through. The dead body of the first enemy in line kills anything on its way to the wall it's going to be pined at.

Only if you can kill things with one bullet, I think.The ragdoll does damage equal to the killing bolt.