Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argon Crystal

VRHmason

so I can build some mediocre weapon I won't even use.

If you aren't even going to use a weapon, and if getting the stuff for it is causing you to not have fun in a game- ya know, a GAME, things that are MADE to give you fun?- then don't do it. Do NOT tell me "but I want the mastery" either. Mastery means nothing, draco scr- I mean farmers destroyed any meaning the system used to have. If you NEED mastery rank to get higher (up to 12 or w/e it is that is the last unlock for something), there are PLENTY of OTHER things you can make and enjoy instead. Stop complaining about something you don't even care about in the first place.

Edited by Stratego89

I got 2 argons today in t1 exterminate and proceeded to use them for the weapon you're referring to.

I recall the most farming I ever had to do was four t1 exterminate runs, and that was for three argons.

Pick a loadout you like and get in there guns blazing. Don't forget to check all the containers and lockers.

Gl!

If you aren't even going to use a weapon, and if getting the stuff for it is causing you to not have fun in a game- ya know, a GAME, things that are MADE to give you fun?- then don't do it. Do NOT tell me "but I want the mastery" either. Mastery means nothing, draco scr- I mean farmers destroyed any meaning the system used to have. If you NEED mastery rank to get higher (up to 12 or w/e it is that is the last unlock for something), there are PLENTY of OTHER things you can make and enjoy instead. Stop complaining about something you don't even care about in the first place.

He probably needs it to make the atmos, to make the new axes. Hence why he doesn't care, but needs it.

He probably needs it to make the atmos, to make the new axes. Hence why he doesn't care, but needs it.

Did... did you even read my post? If he DOESN'T CARE... WHY would he go out of his way doing something he is not enjoying to get it? If it bothers him enough doing something he does not even care about to begin with to come complain about something on forums, he SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT TO BEGIN WITH. The point of games is to have fun- if he's forcing himself to do something he doesn't want to and doesn't like the fact that he has to work for it, he has no right to come complain on forums that something should be changed. If he DID care about what he was trying to get, that's one thing. But he openly, straight out went and said that he DOESN'T CARE.

First of it was figure of speech, how the hell should I know if its good weapon when I cannot craft it because I CANNOT get argon.

I am doing void all day, t3 and t4 survival, defense, interception and all I get is control module, nothing else...every green drop is control module....

Secondly, so what if my reason is mastery rank? Why do you care? What is it in for you how and why do I play?

What does it change if its weapon I want to use? I still can't get argon and I still need to grind and it still isn't fun, the problem is still there.

I dont have problem with argon decaying but if its decaying at least increase the drop rate, there is no logic in decaying resource you can barely get.

The point of games is to have fun

Infinite grinding is not fun

The grind is only there if you think it is. Nothing is forcing you to get things as soon as possible. Nothing is forcing you to TRY to make them, it is a conscious choice. Why not just WAIT until you get an argon doing void whenever you feel like it- then make what you want to? Huh? Is it REALLY that hard to just let something come to you instead of force yourself to do stuff you CLEARLY do not want to until you can get it? No. It's not.

The grind is only there if you think it is. Nothing is forcing you to get things as soon as possible. Nothing is forcing you to TRY to make them, it is a conscious choice. Why not just WAIT until you get an argon doing void whenever you feel like it- then make what you want to? Huh? Is it REALLY that hard to just let something come to you instead of force yourself to do stuff you CLEARLY do not want to until you can get it? No. It's not.

ok, so there is no grind.... now please stop replying unless you have something smart to say instead of attacking me

Did... did you even read my post? If he DOESN'T CARE... WHY would he go out of his way doing something he is not enjoying to get it? If it bothers him enough doing something he does not even care about to begin with to come complain about something on forums, he SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT TO BEGIN WITH. The point of games is to have fun- if he's forcing himself to do something he doesn't want to and doesn't like the fact that he has to work for it, he has no right to come complain on forums that something should be changed. If he DID care about what he was trying to get, that's one thing. But he openly, straight out went and said that he DOESN'T CARE.

if he did not truly care, think he would have make a post?  Mastery is something to care about to get more rep as well you know. The faster he can get mastery, the faster he can resume on his fun.

edit: forgot to mention, he never say he did not care, he only say he would not use the weapon, he can still care for mastery!

Edited by Ninjamander

The truth is not manny warframe components or weapons need argon to be constructed,  

If you play 4-5 void missions in a row it's almost imposssible not to get at least 1 argon crystal.

I believe one of the most demanding items from the game, when it comes to argon crystals is the Hydroid warframe, wich needs 4 crystals in its building process. I remember I was rank 5 when I farmed them and it was only a matter of 4-5 hours of wandering into the void to get them.

Most of the newer weapons require argon which is one thing, but the infuriating thing is that the Jordas Precept MISSION requires 3 pieces of Argon I've been doing a lot of void runs and just have 2 Argon over 2 days and soon they'll start to decay.

First it was RNG to start the Natah mission which I still havent gotten yet, and now grind and argon to the frekkin Jordas.

If I was up in Canada I'd go to DEs offices and flip all their tables.

Then I'd go back and tell them to make a new table flipping frame.

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

<SNIP>

This.

This is all that matters, the end.

Argon Crystals are just insulting. They are disrespectful of a player's time and effort. They are a mechanic created to - quite literally - waste our time. And that, is insulting.

DE had a chance with these, though. They decided to introduce some new item that would required to craft lots of weapons. And they could have made said item available from anywhere.

So where did they put it? On a variety of star map missions, as incentive to run those?

Nope. They put it in the Void. Along with everything else useful. Locked behind keys. Again. 

And THEN, after making THAT mistake, they made it decay. 

I have reached the conclusion that DE, as they exist now, simply have zero respect for their players, their time or effort and they will continue to make these insulting, abusive mechanics until they see just how far they can push the community. Basically, until they begin actively losing players in noticeable numbers, this will continue.

Which is why, more and more, I am finding other things to do with my time. I love this game. I want it to be an enjoyable online, cooperative experience that respects a player's time and effort. But instead we have Forma resets, Argon Crystals, ridiculous grind walls and an entire game whose lore I will never see because I cannot be bothered to grind a ton of 1%-chance keys to run a single quest one time.

Please either raise the chance of drop or remove the decay of it...

This is beyond ridicilous, farming all day, getting control modules, not 1 argon crystal so I can build some mediocre weapon I won't even use.

Based on that, sounds to me like DE should re balance the weapons first so you will use them, then maybe make the ones that Require Argon a bit more powerful by making Argon drops more common, but also making Argon a requirement when you add more Forma, to balance the fact that Argon is easier to get.

Most casual players will get the initial weapon made faster, and long term players can still go hunt Argon to power up weapons higher with Forma.

I'm hoping the star-chart rework and multishot/serration rework will result in argon decay removal and forma reset removal. Failing to do both these things will result in yet another contradiction by DE.

Argon decay forces void runs for the sake of it. Forma reset is the cause of Draco spam.

Both are bad mechanics whose sole purpose is to waste the players time...

Edited by Demon.King

I'm hoping the star-chart rework and multishot/serration rework will result in argon decay removal and forma reset removal. Failing to do both these things will result in yet another contradiction by DE.

Argon decay forces void runs for the sake of it. Forma reset is the cause of Draco spam.

Both are bad mechanics whose sole purpose is to waste the players time...

Exactly this. Failing to eliminate those two wastes - and especially the Forma reset - will go a long way toward pushing me away from the game for good. Because I know U18 is basically IT for an overhaul/rework of foundational mechanics for a long time. So its sort of a make or break deal for me. Update 18 either drastically improves the situation for me or basically, I will just find other things to do and walk away, for the most part. 

This.

This is all that matters, the end.

Argon Crystals are just insulting. They are disrespectful of a player's time and effort. They are a mechanic created to - quite literally - waste our time. And that, is insulting.

DE had a chance with these, though. They decided to introduce some new item that would required to craft lots of weapons. And they could have made said item available from anywhere.

So where did they put it? On a variety of star map missions, as incentive to run those?

Nope. They put it in the Void. Along with everything else useful. Locked behind keys. Again. 

And THEN, after making THAT mistake, they made it decay. 

I have reached the conclusion that DE, as they exist now, simply have zero respect for their players, their time or effort and they will continue to make these insulting, abusive mechanics until they see just how far they can push the community. Basically, until they begin actively losing players in noticeable numbers, this will continue.

Which is why, more and more, I am finding other things to do with my time. I love this game. I want it to be an enjoyable online, cooperative experience that respects a player's time and effort. But instead we have Forma resets, Argon Crystals, ridiculous grind walls and an entire game whose lore I will never see because I cannot be bothered to grind a ton of 1%-chance keys to run a single quest one time.

I don't agree with the gist of this type on thinking.

Once you have a handful of Frames and weapons you ACTUALLY use on a heavy basis, the rest of the stuff in game is NOT "must have", they are simply collectible extra fluff, and in no way a requirement to play ANY mission on the Star Chart, any Alerts or special events etc etc.

You are basically stating that you are annoyed that DE does not simply hand over the entire pool of game assets that cost them time and money to create, in a trivial to manner, which they do NOT have to do, since they are clearly sold on the market for an average price of 200 plat when they come out, which based on a fairly common 50% Plat discount (especially if you car-pool with a few mates) comes out to about $5 US dollars.

That Frame or weapon that just came out you find so hard to "grind"? It's roughly the price of a Starbucks cup of coffee if you want it so bad. If you don't want to pay and don't want to force yourself to fight RNG for it, then DONT. There is at least 10 Frames and 50 weapons that work anywhere and are trivial to get by comparison.

Other then a "I must feed my Obsessive compulsion to get everything", there is actually ZERO reasons to get everything, so complaining that you don't have everything in a game that regularly adds new things - that in most cases, you won't end up actually using anyway - is totally insane.