Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Us The Option To Hide The Syandanas?

(PSN)KrakenUnchained

i feel you are being willfully negative about this. this whole issue is really about DE's bad decision of binding stats to cosmetics instead of having a separate slot for them. we aren't forced to play the game either but we would like to enjoy it more so we make suggestions on how to do that.

Saying it like that is ok. I have nothing to say against that.

But the OP said, he doesn't like his syandana. And he doesn't want to transfer his arcanes to another cosmetic. So that's why he wants the option to hide it. And that reason is dumb and nothing else.

Yes, this is the exact same problem. You say you were forced to use the secific helmet? Well, OP is forced to use a syandana to get the bonus too, although he doesn´t like them.

And just to make it clear, noone is forced for anything in this game.

OP didn't say he was forced to use A syandana. He said he is forced to use this one he doesn't like...

Edited by WhiteMarker

But the OP said, he doesn't like his syandana. And he doesn't want to transfer his arcanes to another cosmetic. So that's why he wants the option to hide it. And that reason is dumb and nothing else.

He doesn´t said he don´t like his syandana, read carefully next time.

He said he dislikes syandana in general and since you can put arcanes on helmets and syandanas at the same time, he asked for this feature.

Saying it like that is ok. I have nothing to say against that.

OP didn't say he was forced to use A syandana. He said he is forced to use this one he doesn't like...

i get that and i think i agree. but understand he's only asking for that because currently arcanes are bind to cosmetics and he wants to benefit from the enhanced effects.

i therefore want to rephrase and ask for 2 arcane slots/frame instead of making syandanas invisible. this would solve all the issues with binding stats to cosmetics 

damn just realized this would clash with the use of old arcane helms but maybe there can still be a limitation of 2 arcanes active / frame implemented taking the use of arcane helms into consideration.

all in all tho it seems to me that having the option to hide cosmetics while retaining the effects requires the least amount of work from the devs and partially solves our issues even if it doesn't make sense in the way you want it to.

Edited by ..atom..

i have a really large amount of syandanas and i honestly like no oneof em, i have the void trader ones, 4 from syndacates and probably 10-12 bought from ingame market, im forced to craft my arcanes on syandanas (if i want to use my arcane helmets) and thats ok for me, just i wont to be forced in show that syandana because imo ruins the warframes aesthetics

Someone is trying to look intelligent by going against OP's idea lol

Anyways, +1 to OP's idea. Another reason why most people put the Arcanes on their syndana is because you can use it on any frame you like.

DE gave an option to hide weapons, most popular reason was because of clipping issues which looks bad. The option didn't hurt anybody so it was fine.

So what is the freaking problem with OP's suggestion? If clipping issues looked bad for some players and DE gave an option to hide them while holstered. Then if some people also think that syndanas looks bad, why should DE "not" give an option to hide it?

Elitists be elitists lol

Edited by LisRestall

Anyways, +1 to OP's idea. Another reason why most people put the Arcanes on their syndana is because you can use it on any frame you like.

DE gave an option to hide weapons, most popular reason was because of clipping issues which looks bad. The option didn't hurt anybody so it was fine.

So what is the freaking problem with OP's suggestion? If clipping issues looked bad for some players and DE gave an option to hide them while holstered. Then if some people also think that syndanas looks bad, why should DE "not" give an option to hide it?

Elitists be elitists lol

i think what WhiteMarker is really getting at is asking for a real solution instead of the usual bandaids DE makes. Maybe not the best way of going about it and sadly not likely to happen since it requires mult more work then the solution OP asked for.

I'm not against this option, but like others mention the better route would be just to void this whole issue of tying stat bonuses to cosmetics at the core and give them their own slots. Most players probably agree the whole situation of tying bonuses to cosmetics was never a good route in the first place, even DE took a stance against it so long ago (yet we somehow still ended up here), so it'd better to put our energy into repelling all reliance on cosmetics instead of just one category. 

Elitists be elitists lol

The problem is that it is a Syandana which is purely cosmetic and is entirely optional. It is very pointless to ask for the option to hide optional cosmetics. Weapons are essential for Warframe so they were given the option of been invisible when holstered because you are forced to have at least one weapon equipped at all times.

Arcanes, like cosmetics, are entirely optional. They do provide bonuses but they are not essential to survive. The OP is asking for a very very useless feature, pretty much for the sake of it. It would look completely baffling if I went into the cosmetics menu and saw an option to make my cosmetics invisible.

The better idea would be having DE rework Arcanes so that they are not limited to cosmetics and can have a maximum number of 2 on each Warframe itself.

Making cosmetics invisible is just a complete waste of time for DE so they won't do it. Please don't insult other people's intelligence simply because they have a different opinion than you. Also, having an opinion against the OP's suggestion doesn't make you an 'Elitist'.

@OP. Sorry but DE will not make the option of having cosmetics invisible. Just wait until there is one you like and put your Arcane on that. Besides, no one is forcing you to use an Arcane are they? Like I said before, they are not essential to your survival.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

The problem is that it is a Syandana which is purely cosmetic and is entirely optional. It is very pointless to ask for the option to hide optional cosmetics. Weapons are essential for Warframe so they were given the option of been invisible when holstered because you are forced to have at least one weapon equipped at all times.

Arcanes, like cosmetics, are entirely optional. They do provide bonuses but they are not essential to survive. The OP is asking for a very very useless feature, pretty much for the sake of it. It would look completely baffling if I went into the cosmetics menu and saw an option to make my cosmetics invisible.

The better idea would be having DE rework Arcanes so that they are not limited to cosmetics and can have a maximum number of 2 on each Warframe itself.

Making cosmetics invisible is just a complete waste of time for DE so they won't do it. Please don't insult other people's intelligence simply because they have a different opinion than you. Also, having an opinion against the OP's suggestion doesn't make you an 'Elitist'.

@OP. Sorry but DE will not make the option of having cosmetics invisible. Just wait until there is one you like and put your Arcane on that. Besides, no one is forcing you to use an Arcane are they? Like I said before, they are not essential to your survival.

They are not essential to YOUR survival maybe, for me is so important to wear them just because i really enjoy longruns and 60% more damage on pistols is so welcome when i have to charge my antimatter drop using nova, same for arcane strike, melee speed allow me to use Spoiled Strike with no hurts.. Arcane Grace and Victory fill my health saving my energy for quick thinking.. Arcane Pulse do the same and works for squad mates also..

So yeah im asking to use the arcane enhancements i heavily farmed for without been forced to show an ugly syandana that completely ruin my warframe appareance

And NO i cant keep distill out my arcanes everytime a new syandana with a better aesthetic shows up in the market

yes you can. The current system of arcanes allows for one enhancement for a helmet, and another enhancement for a syanada.

Asking the devs to make it optional to display attached gear is the equivalent of not using them. makes sense? if you cant see it, its not like your using it. and short of the syndicate syanada's no other syanadas have any effects.

Now, asking for arcane slots, that eliminates the grind of TLoR for arcanes. Warframe is still a free to play game, and reducing the grind by that considerable amount, means that players only need to buy 10 of each arcane for rank4. Now, to buy arcanes, it costs plat. Plat is how the devs make money on the free to play game. Eliminating the grind would basicly hurt how the devs make money on warframe, which is probably something they arnt intrested in. 

Now, with the current system, it forces you to decide, where do you want to invest your arcanes. Its an actual investment, and requires thought. Adding an arcane slot on a frame eliminated that investment for an arcane. 

Remember, distillers wernt even in the game when arcanes first came out, and were added later when enough people wanted to move their arcanes around. Arcane slots would eliminate the use of distillers, unless the arcanes were invested per a frame, and couldent swap around without a distiller per an arcane, which may work due to the further incresed grind for the system, and how it would benefit DE. But remember, its an incresed grind, and its what alot of players like you are asking for. This is probably the system DE would use if they put arcane slots per a warframe.

WIth the current system, we have one flexable arcane, and one fixed arcane per a frame, helmet and syanada. 

Makes sense give us the option to be free to customize aesthetic AND performaces of our warframes without been forced in wearing something we don feel like to see on our warframes

As i said for me no problem in buying tons of syandanas i dont like just to craft arcane enhancements on.. Just please.. Dont force me to see that ugly stuff on my frames

I feel syandanas are really ugly but im forced to wear them caus the arcane enhancements i got crafted on

They given to us the option to hide the weapons when holstered, maybe is possible to do the same with syandanas, my Nekros apparence is completely ruined from a syandana, i prefer how he looks with just Mortos on

I have been suggesting this for awhile.  I was also suggesting a something similar to helmets.  Where you could equip an invisible custom helmet so you could use arcanes with the default helmet look.

Anyway +1.

Yeah... no... nope, you are not. I'm fine without any arcanes. If you don't want the look, don't use the syandana.

No one cares. If you don't want to hide your syandana then don't.  You don't want to use arcanes then don't.

You know who stands to benefit from this? DE.  Why?  Because it means people that don't like the looks of syandanas will now have a reason to spend plat for them.  And since they could then equip arcanes then they would have more incentive to spend plat to get the ones that they want.

Which means? More money for DE.

I really dislike some "optional" comment, arcane giving additional bonus, more like an extra mod slot, you shouldn't tell people not using it,

just like any weapon/warframe mods, they are optional too, you can just use an unmod weapon and play the game, but will you tell people to not use it?

anyway this is off topic.

There are people like OP just don't like syandana in general, but DE put arcane behind the cosmetic wall because they need people to pay more on cosmetic, I don't blame them, so giving an option to hide the syandana as a bandaid won't harm anyone.

Edited by LotusBF

So you want to hide a cosmetic that you are not forced to use , ok . Can i hide my helmet alltogether too so i run around like a headless chicken ?

There are two way to say this, if he want to use arcane then yes, he is forced to use the syandana, 

If he don't use the arcane, then no, syandana is totally optional.

They are not essential to YOUR survival maybe, for me is so important to wear them just because i really enjoy longruns and 60% more damage on pistols is so welcome when i have to charge my antimatter drop using nova, same for arcane strike, melee speed allow me to use Spoiled Strike with no hurts.. Arcane Grace and Victory fill my health saving my energy for quick thinking.. Arcane Pulse do the same and works for squad mates also..

So yeah im asking to use the arcane enhancements i heavily farmed for without been forced to show an ugly syandana that completely ruin my warframe appareance

And NO i cant keep distill out my arcanes everytime a new syandana with a better aesthetic shows up in the market

You've just given me a conflicting statement; you hate your current Syandana, but your hate clearly isn't so bad as you cannot be asked to move your Arcane to a better one when it gets released. So you've just made yourself out to be lazy. You can buy a total of four Arcane Distillers if have levelled up four syndicates and all ten of your Arcanes are refunded immediately. If you cannot be bothered to simply move your Arcanes in such an easy way, then your post is a little false.

If you like long runs, then great. You want to use Arcanes, great. However, DE are not going to make cosmetics invisible just to please YOU. Cosmeticsare purely there for looks and two can be used for Arcanes. It'd be very pointless to make the helmet and Syandana invisible while the rest of your selection always stays there, so it would be a jumbled pile of wasted effort. They will do a rework of the Arcanes, that much is clear. So why don't you just be patient and wait until they announce the new system. It's not like it physically hurts you.

It was stupid of them to make it cosmetic exclusive in the first place.

You've just given me a conflicting statement; you hate your current Syandana, but your hate clearly isn't so bad as you cannot be asked to move your Arcane to a better one when it gets released. So you've just made yourself out to be lazy. You can buy a total of four Arcane Distillers if have levelled up four syndicates and all ten of your Arcanes are refunded immediately. If you cannot be bothered to simply move your Arcanes in such an easy way, then your post is a little false.

If you like long runs, then great. You want to use Arcanes, great. However, DE are not going to make cosmetics invisible just to please YOU. Cosmeticsare purely there for looks and two can be used for Arcanes. It'd be very pointless to make the helmet and Syandana invisible while the rest of your selection always stays there, so it would be a jumbled pile of wasted effort. They will do a rework of the Arcanes, that much is clear. So why don't you just be patient and wait until they announce the new system. It's not like it physically hurts you.

It was stupid of them to make it cosmetic exclusive in the first place.

Thats not just me, a lot of people wrote here they agree too, but who dont agree like you given no valid reason to dont added a simple option to allow us to hide the syandana

Thats not just me, a lot of people wrote here they agree too, but who dont agree like you given no valid reason to dont added a simple option to allow us to hide the syandana

I just gave you two reasons;

1. They are going to rework how the Arcane system works.

2. It'd be a total waste of their time, considering the latter statement.

And also, quite a few people disagree with you also.