Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnum Revolver

Sfalanga42

The Vasto and Magnus series' of revolvers are nice in that quick-draw, saloon brawl, sort of way. Lately, though, I've wanted a more powerful revolver, something to put Dirty Harry's Model 29 to shame. I was thinking a long distance hand cannon that draws from the sniper ammo pool -before you start trying to compare it to actual sniper/bow primaries you should note that the Lex Prime and Brakk double and sometimes triple the dps values of those same weapons(and use pistol ammo to boot)- that has absurd stopping power that'll make those level 95 Corrupted Bombards pause for thought. To that end I present "Vengeance".

Proposed Stats:

Damage: 250; Favoring Impact (Should stagger enemies with every hit (not quite an impact proc, but close enough to notice))

Trigger: Semi-Auto (Could also be Single Action[needing to pull back the hammer for every shot]this would impose a mandatory delay between shots)

Reload: 2.0 (shell-by-shell)

Noise: Alarming (Hercules slamming a car door)

Magazine: 5 (75 Reserve)[sniper Ammo; doesn't affect the ammo of sniper/bow type primaries.][Could also just receive reduced ammunition from pistol ammo drops]

Fire Rate: 2.0

Critical Multiplier: 2.5x

Critical Chance: 35%

Accuracy: 30

My setup would yield ~13,281 damage per shot at ~42,499 damage per second without primed pistol gambit.(Not accounting for potential delay)

It would be ~18,110 damage per shot at ~57,953 damage per second with Primed Pistol Gambit.(Not accounting potential delay)

Edited by Sfalanga42

I like the idea of a sniper pistol although this seems like WAY too much damage. If it were to have these stats then probably have the fire rate REALLY slow. I also don't like the fact that it draws from sniper ammo pool. Currently the only reason why I don't use explosive secondaries (mainly castanas) is because they draw from the sniper pool.

I like the idea of a sniper pistol although this seems like WAY too much damage. If it were to have these stats then probably have the fire rate REALLY slow. I also don't like the fact that it draws from sniper ammo pool. Currently the only reason why I don't use explosive secondaries (mainly castanas) is because they draw from the sniper pool.

I ran the numbers on the Brakk, and the non-Primed Pistol Gambit dps values are near identical, with the Brakk having a faster fire rate and using pistol ammo. The choice of sniper ammo was deliberate, it encourages accuracy, whereas if this used pistol ammo you wouldn't need to care (it is specified, however, that Vengeance shouldn't affect the ammunition totals for and other weapons in your load out that use sniper ammo, mainly because it'd be annoying to try and use it alongside things like the Ogris or Tonkor) although, it may be better to simply reduce the amount of ammunition vengeance receives from pistol ammo drops.

This is the problem with power creep. The Magnus is literally Magnum with one letter in the name changed. But because there are weapons with bigger stats, you considered it a "quick-draw, saloon brawl" weapon. In six months to after a year, someone else will consider your proposed weapon "weak and spammy" and want a real "Magnum" type weapon with even more inflated stats.

This is the problem with power creep. The Magnus is literally Magnum with one letter in the name changed. But because there are weapons with bigger stats, you considered it a "quick-draw, saloon brawl" weapon. In six months to after a year, someone else will consider your proposed weapon "weak and spammy" and want a real "Magnum" type weapon with even more inflated stats.

Magnus doesn't have that feel to it.

It sounds like a peashooter.

The thing is, as much as I'd like to see a big, powerful revolver in Warframe I don't know how it would fit in.

I mean, we already have Marelok, Vaykor Marelok and Lex Prime. Add another gun which fills the same role? I imagine some people would be bothered by this.

Not me, but some.

I don't know, man. 250 damage with a 35% crit and a 2.5 multiplier? The Lanka hits for 300 base damage with less crit chance. The V. Marelok hits for about 170 with 35% crit. Plus we have Primed Pistol Ammutation which would make "valuing" shots a lot less likely...

Maybe I am just a AkMagnus fan boy but for all that you need 1.5 or maybe 1.0 fire rate. Maybe not the 1.0 fire rate but it should recoil similar to a donkey kick. Recoil like "Maybe I should put Steady Hands on" and then come to the conclusion "Maybe they should make Prime Steady hands" lol..

But seriously, if you want a hand canon is should recoil like a bucking bronco then I could agree to...210 base damage.

EDIT: Woops, got V Marelok's Status chance of 35 confused with it's crit chance of 20. And it's base 160... :/

Edited by (PS4)DBR87

doesn't have a reason to deal that much Damage, paired with those Crits.

i'd recommend:

75 Impact Damage

45% Crit Chance

2.5x Crit Multiplier

Rate of Fire: 1-1.5

'Accuracy': '40'

Reload: 2.6  (500ms per Cartridge, 5 in total plus opening and closing the Cylinder)

45% is a neat number because with Pistol Gambit, that's 99%. and with Primed Pistol Gambit, that's ~129.2%.

that would result in your average shot being:

generic Crit: 10,656

Weakpoint Crit: 21,312

Red Crit Weakpoint: 39,960

and now instead of just flat Damage, with assuming 180% +75% and 90% +25%:

generic Crit: 15,192

Weakpoint Crit: 30,384

Red Crit Weakpoint: 56,970

duly note that both of these are assuming always 3x Multishot and 3x Crit/Redcrit. but for the time being, 180% is pretty much 200%, and 99% is pretty much 100%. so only the Red Crit one is a little sketchy.

so if we assume 1/3 Projectiles gets a Red Crit:

without Weaknesses and Resistances:  27,528  for 2/3 Weakpoint Crit and 1/3 Red Crit Weakpoint.

with Weaknesses and Resistances:  39,246  same situation.

all based on this Loadout, as this would be what such a Weapon would have for maximum Damage.

PGZ5OKF.png

realiistically, the lone 90% would get replaced by Punch-Through so you can take down many Enemies with your slow Weapon, but that doesn't drop that much Damage since the primary 180% is most of it.

Edit:

by the way, Lex Prime and Marelok are Overpowered, that doesn't justify any new Weapons.

(and Brakk is borderline despite Falloff).

Edited by taiiat