The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A Long Handled Scythe

Duhktape

i've been looking at the scythes on the codex and i realize that they're more like they're farming counterparts rather then a staff variant. to top it off, there IS a long handled scythe but it's an archwing weapon.

if they were to add a long handled scythe it should have some very unique effects to make it worth having another scythe. it could hit multiple enemies but whoever is getting hit with the blade part would take alot of slash damage while the guy on the other side would take moderate impact damage, that's my idea atleast.

also i know some people want a long handled scythe so they can wield a death scythe from soul eater :3

Indeed.

All our current scythes are pretty much sickles, and should be called as such. Like gosh dang I was so disappointed when I saw how short they were when they got introduced.

Either a new family of melee weapons that are full length scythes, or convert existing ones to it.

Hate looks pretty good though,but RNG

its awesome looking, (I own it), and is my favorite weapon. However, it does have the same stats as reaper prime (and thats just lame), and is a short scythe (which I like, but it's all personal taste)

Edited by bowiespoon

ya im a jat kitagg user for a reason, ROCKET POWERED BIG HAMMER XD

and never been a fan of the small scythes we get, anuku can be fun if built right, hate is a ....no for me

kamas are fine (prime V is good)

but overal when i hear SCYTHE i think giant blade to cut my enemies apart 

it is a well known weapon in many animes and manga ...

heck RWBY has a GUNBLADE styled scythe

ruby+rose+red+rwby+wallpaper+%5Bwww.anim

Thats exactly the same size as regular scythes

Don't know if you have the weapon, but it's at least  2 to 3 feet longer. The ratio of blade to handle might be the same, but the weapon itself is larger, making it look more scythe-like. 

OH good i was just thinking here and maybe mios will need a Mire and a Scoliac to build fuuuuuuu.. ;-;

But about the Scythe situation it's not about whats cool, it's about what DE is capable of doing

Don't give DE any ideas.

Something i have been waiting for for ages ;w;

This is not a "normal" sized sythe

Well it's not like we have to keep things "normal" in Warframe when we have a Jetpowered Hammer, a Greatsword you can swing like it weighs less than a stick and Fist weapons that amke you breakdance xD

this is to small i want an scythe 2 times bigger

also

Just tell me one thing: How are you going to put this on your back?

space magick

easy, make it fold ;)

The devs tend to try and stick to a somewhat reasonable level of believablity when it comes to weapons. The only unmodified scythes ever used in combat were hand scythes, like Kama and Sickles. Large harvesting scythes were turned into War Scythes because harvesting scythes are almost impossible to use for harvesting for long periods of time, let alone combat. Their blades were mounted vertically on a straight shaft and they were turned into pole arms. And we already have one of those in the game, it's called the Tonbo.

The went for a middle ground. Something more believable than silly over sized scythes used by 5 foot tall anime girls, but something still larger than a Kama so they could differentiate between the two.

Edited by Ceryk

The devs tend to try and stick to a somewhat reasonable level of reliability when it comes to weapons. The only unmodified scythes ever used in combat were hand scythes, like Kama and Sickles. Large scythes were turned into War Scythes. Their blades were mounted vertically and they were turned into pole arms. And we already have one of those in the game, it's called the Tonbo.

The went for a middle ground. Something more believable than silly over sized scythes used by 5 foot tall anime girls, but something still larger than a Kama so they could differentiate between the two.

polearms and staffs like tipedo and tonbo are not scythes 

id classify them as heavy scyth but they would need their own stance and system setup

i use jat kitagg on nova for that exact reasoning and we are in space..... sci fi weapons....  why not 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako