Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Genuine Concern: Pvp Mods Usable In Pve?

Kaotyke

Kinda eyeing the shotgun and secondary "reload while holstered" mods. Use with Speed Holster aura plus Sobek and Dual Cestras maybe.

NEVAR RELOAD!

edit: no one is "forcing" you to do anything

Edited by ArbitUHM

Kinda eyeing the shotgun and secondary "reload while holstered" mods. Use with Speed Holster aura plus Sobek and Dual Cestras maybe.

NEVAR RELOAD!

edit: no one is "forcing" you to do anything

Let the theory crafting commence!

Honestly, I don't see why there should be such a big fuss over this. None of these mods are absolutely critical to have or so powerful that the are going to turn the current PvE meta upside down, so obtaining them isn't an absolute must to keep up with the crowds.

I disagree that there is anything wrong with this trend.  They're mods, trade for them if you don't want to PvP.  Some people don't want to raid, some people don't want to level up syndicates, some people don't want to do specific mission types.  You either do it or you don't, but more variety is good for everyone.

Totally irrelevant if Destiny wasn't the first, it is a current "competitor" and a valid comparison.

This seems to go against what was said that PvP and pve would remain entirely seperate. People now need to play pvp to acquire pve mods. Trade doesn't count as it is virtually a paywall, all in game items having a value.

Finally if this is the sort of "diversity" we are going to get in the damage rework, prepare for salt, mountain swallowing oceans of it.

No, it is relevant. Think how idiotic it is to say one game is copying another when there are tons of titles that share qualities. You really think Warframe is copying Destiny because they decided to add some PVP mods to PVE, like really?? There are many games that add PVP content to PVE. Enough with the Warframe Vs. Destiny competition thing, it's childish.

So you're saying these mods are so powerful and desirable that you are now forced to PVP? No, you can trade like everyone else and trading does count because it's a part of the game. You don't need to buy platinum to trade. There is enough platinum is circulation and desirable things to sell to earn plat for yourself.

So now you're assuming that DE's solution to the mod system is to simply add PVP mods to PVE? Not sure if i should laugh or facepalm.

Totally irrelevant if Destiny wasn't the first, it is a current "competitor" and a valid comparison.

This seems to go against what was said that PvP and pve would remain entirely seperate. People now need to play pvp to acquire pve mods. Trade doesn't count as it is virtually a paywall, all in game items having a value.

Finally if this is the sort of "diversity" we are going to get in the damage rework, prepare for salt, mountain swallowing oceans of it.

People seem to forget that you don't need to use plat to trade. You can trade items for items or trade for plat and then buy said item.

I personally would not mind PVP if it was more stats don't matter kind of thing.

As of right now there is no tier or rank list so a person who plays PVP alot and has a good number of mods would have an advantage over me and new players who just have the unmodded guns.

The PvP mods don't really give you that much of an advantage (and can give you a horrible disadvantage if you equip a mod that doesn't mesh well with the way you play).  That's really more what they're for, rather than just making the weapon/frame more powerful.

The exception that proves the rule is the modification to Rhino's Iron Skin, which is also available as a Syndicate mod.

in a Meta full of DPS wankers

Endgame's full of bullet sponges, bombard spam, and nullifiers. It's pretty important that your weapons not deal garbage damage by the time 40+ minutes rolls around unless you want a Corrupted mosh pit happening at the pod.

On a different but related note, these PvP mods are extremely marginal and uninteresting, so if they are a preview of Damage 3.0, then we're better off with the system we already have.

Edited by Kastorius

Endgame's full of bullet sponges, bombard spam, and nullifiers. It's pretty important that your weapons not deal garbage damage by the time 40+ minutes rolls around unless you want a Corrupted mosh pit happening at the pod.

On a different but related note, these PvP mods are extremely marginal and uninteresting, so if they are a preview of Damage 3.0, then we're better off with the system we already have.

The current Endgame? You mean endless defence? And you're surprised enemies become bullet sponges when you're facing infinite scaling?

If anything Raids are endgame

I wouldn't say it's that much of a concern with the current mods being added, however, if they start allowing mods like Vital Systems Bypass, Surplus Diverters, or Quick Charge (which REALLY needs to be in PvE) then we might start having concerns.

While yes trading is a thing it should not be the only method of acquiring certain items. Plus due to the nature of PvP it isn't something you should 'force' players to partake in; especially in a game that was originally only and still mostly PvE.

This all can also backfire into PvP itself if we start adding mods into PvE. Say they start making some mods available from PvE drop tables then DE decides to make a matchmaking system where you only queue against players in your conclave rank in PvP. Suddenly you have new players against others with all the mods OR you just restrict them to their rank and above in PvP. That could also happen just via trading right now regardless so I suppose it's an issue that will need tackling either way.

The current Endgame? You mean endless defence? And you're surprised enemies become bullet sponges when you're facing infinite scaling?

If anything Raids are endgame

No one's particularly surprised, but then, why be surprised at the "DPS meta"? Unsurprisingly, people like to play past 40-60+ minutes for the additional challenge and to get the most out of their keys. In order to do that, strong weapons are pretty much required (somewhat lessened if Banshee is present).

Nightmare raids, certain Nightmare nodes (though most are easily cheesed), and wave 40+ endless missions are the only challenging content left in Warframe for veterans. Most people don't want to run Nightmare raids all the time, so that's where endless comes in, and that's why there's a focus on maximizing DPS.

(NO! trading is not a magical trump card you can pull out whenever you make terrible design choices).

Why? Because you don't like trading? When you could trade items for it or even plat for the mods? Find someone to trade with, join a clan?

Using this i should argue that Arcanes should be more easily available because i can't run raids.

What percentage of the player base are pvp? 10? 20? Seriously, should such a minority be in such a position of trade strength?

Forcing players to either pvp or pay is bad, end of.

I believe that's a bit of an exaggerated low number, but if the PVP population is truly as low as you say it is on PS4... Then I'll gladly trade off Plenty of PVP mods for people on Xbox. I own every PVP mod and do every challenge every day. Now I've gotten to the point that I just buy bulk numbers of the commonly most wanted PVP mods and sell them off to new PVP'ers.

Keep in mind PVP mods cost 15,000 and players can get 21k rep a day (MR20), and at least 6k, up to 12k extra per day via challenges.

It has to show up as obtainable on the PvE side (NO! trading is not a magical trump card you can pull out whenever you make terrible design choices).

Anything that affects PvE is better off being obtainable in PvE (No trading BS excuse).

The excuse is that if you want the mods you can play PVP which gets more people to play it, which is good for the gamemode and general diversity of the game. On the other hand, if you adimently against PVP, you can trade for them. It is the same with Arcanes. You can play the raid to farm them or trade for them. It is up to you.

i am not ok with pvp gear going to pve. Thats how bad S#&$ start to happend i remember some game (not their name throught its been too long) that start doing it and i just end up getting tired of running around killing other people just for point to get some of the better loot at the pvp store.

Pvp has a whole is rather boring the few one that i actully play in a daylies fashion is mechwarrior (due to the tactical aspect of it and skill requiere to not get instand destroy) and planetside2 (wich is pure chaos).

I consider the pvp of warframe like a CoD type of pvp run and gun very boring not fun (when you have a tactical mind) and definatly not chaotic enought (whoooo 4vs4 so much funzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

Terrible precedence, extremely terrible precedence that is created here, while the current selection of conclave mods might be more gimmick orientated, other mods might receive the same treatment and future mods might become mandatory. Content that can be used must be obtainable in the same game mode. Imagine if pvp mods could be obtained in pve, what would you people say then? No Teshin advancement necessary, just grind draco or something and you will get them anyways? I think you people would be quite pissed.

The only guys who are in favor are those who smell new ways of making plat which actually puts a whole portion of the WF community at a disadvantage, namely the ones who do not want to pvp and then are forced to spend plat (if the meta changes and I am pretty sure the meta will change). For now it does not seem like a problem but this can change pretty quickly just like DE does another 180. 

It is also a terrible precedence in terms of DE going back on their word completely to keep pve and pvp completely separated. That is a betrayal of trust, plain and simple!   

They can easily introduce new mods that are based on the pvp ones with slight variations and inject them into pve while removing some completely obsolete ones. This is just a very cheap way to handle the mod diversity problem.

Redo the old and useless mods! Replace them with others inspired from those pvp mods but not just copy paste them. Keep pve and pvp separated as you have once promised.

Start going back on things like that and people will lose (even more) trust.

terrible decision imo. pvp and pve should stay separate as they are in essence addressed at different types of players. why would you force someone to play a mode they don't enjoy? why would you put this much trading power in the hands of a few?

terrible decision imo. pvp and pve should stay separate as they are in essence addressed at different types of players. why would you force someone to play a mode they don't enjoy? why would you put this much trading power in the hands of a few?

Why people complain when they can trade those mods for other mods or prime parts obtainable from PvE (no plat required) ?

Raids also gate a type of content: arcanes. Ever saw people complain about that? Maybe one or two but not this many. I don't want to raid because I simply find them to be boring CC spamfests. I would never be able to acquire any arcanes then, what did I do? I bought them or traded something else for them.

Some of them are actually really powerful (i.e. 20 Avengers giving +60% BASE critical chance) as opposed to the PvP mods that were just introduced to PvE. These PvP mods offer gimmicky improvements at best. Barely anyone would slot one of them if one had the choice between them or another damage mod.

If you really want a gimmick reload mod but don't want to play PvP, then trade something else for it. No one forces you to do anything. These mods won't allow you to ascend into godhood, you're not going to die if you don't have them.

Edited by Storchenbein