Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For Those Who Dont Know: Moa's Have Heads! (And Have For A While Now)

Dumfing

Question

Hello World!

You're reading this because I read someone else's post complaining about how they couldn't do a headshot only mission (some xbox1 achievement/trophy thing) so, I made a diagram to show how MOA hitboxes work (to my knowledge)

KYkKozv.png

Multipliers:

• The Head (red) takes 2x damage
  • The gun (green) takes 0.5x damage (I think)
  • The battery pack (?)(blue) takes 3x damage (maybe?)

So, yeah.

~Dumfing

Edited by Dumfing

21 answers to this question

Hello World!

You're reading this because I read someone else's post complaining about how they couldn't do a headshot only mission (some xbox1 achievement/trophy thing) so, I made a diagram to show how MOA hitboxes work (to my knowledge)

KYkKozv.png

Multipliers:

• The Head (red) takes 2x damage

• The gun (green) takes 0.5x damage (I think)

• The battery pack (?)(blue) takes 3x damage (maybe?)

So, yeah.

~Dumfing

You just noticed? I mean, I understand people are slow, but this is off the charts. 

Er, what? I'm talking about the Headshot Only achievement. That was just added. 

You're statement doesn't really seem to be a proper response to mine.

No, what I mean is: 

Headshot challenge requires you to get 10 headshot kills. If I recall correctly, that also includes killing MOAs by shooting them in the head as well. 

No, what I mean is: 

Headshot challenge requires you to get 10 headshot kills. If I recall correctly, that also includes killing MOAs by shooting them in the head as well. 

Sure, sure, but what I mean is:

The headshot challenge alone isn't enough to really inspire some people to try and figure out the MOA hit locations. They probably aimed for Crewmen heads, but just shot at MOA. I know that's what I do usually.

That's a different story now that they're required to complete a T4 Exterminate with only headshots. Therefore, it's a subject that some people might care about that they didn't before. Which is why your rude response was unwarranted. 

The headshot challenge alone isn't enough to really inspire some people to try and figure out the MOA hit locations. They probably aimed for Crewmen heads, but just shot at MOA. I know that's what I do usually.

That's a different story now that they're required to complete a T4 Exterminate with only headshots. Therefore, it's a subject that some people might care about that they didn't before. Which is why your rude response was unwarranted. 

I see what you are getting at. 

Calm down it seemed more like a misunderstanding. Their response didn't really seem rude at all, more of a discussion of facts.

Calm down it seemed more like a misunderstanding. Their response didn't really seem rude at all, more of a discussion of facts.

What part of my response would possibly imply that I'm not calm? Also, I'm referring to Renegade's original response to the thread, not any that were aimed at me.

You just noticed? I mean, I understand people are slow, but this is off the charts. 

In all fairness, being attacked by a pair of legs with a gun mounted to it is a bit off-putting (it certain was for me when I first started playing), a head or face is probably the last thing you'd expect to see on them.

P.S. Their head is essentially on their crotch. There's a joke there, I know it...