Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simaris Targets For Extra Rep

atom

please help me out how can i find those guys? i now have to scan 3x drahk master i wasted 1h trying various missions on earth uranus and phobos. it is my understanding that it uses the same mechanic as the lore target where u get to hear simaris telling u there's a target in the mission. how can i get to them? and if it's yet another bad case of RNG i would like to know just why?

afaik saturn. mercury and ceres don't have this enemy type. anyway i tried them and didn't see one. and ofc no simaris dialogue. any other trick? is there any specific mission type that triggers them?

Everything that is not contiuous and not a sabotage (oddly , I still can't get my broodmother daily just because I try to get odd mods from hive caches ... wwell ... At least I have mantis Part :D)

Go either exterminate or capture. Those always work

this is what i've been trying. mainly exterminates. i'd like to add that i wasn't able to trigger this once since they were introduced despite my efforts. could this be something account related? should i contact support?

still no luck. i haven't managed to spawn a single instance of the extra targets since this feature was introduced. how does this work. am i missing something? or is it just not working?

Here's how I usually go about it:

Try Deception, Capture, and Exterminate on Saturn. If that doesn't work, try those three on Phobos. If that doesn't work, try those three on Sedna. As soon as I find a mission that makes the target spawn, just repeat it

Seems to me specific targets just won't show up on certain mission types.

I couldnt find the napalm on any mission type besides cap. I spend ages on various Exts, decept, Spy, Sab, none of those on any planet had simaris confirm a target. Then I gave up and googled it, read some found the napalm on Saturn Cap mission, low and behold napalm target spawned every time I dropped.

So I think you will have to hunt for where it is trying all dif mission types/planets or google where others found it... and then post here where you found it :3

GL

Here's how I usually go about it:

Try Deception, Capture, and Exterminate on Saturn. If that doesn't work, try those three on Phobos. If that doesn't work, try those three on Sedna. As soon as I find a mission that makes the target spawn, just repeat it

i mostly did that .. maybe not every node but most of them multiple times and nothing. wasted 2h on it. still i have to say this method is very unreasonable. really i have to try every mission on the node multiple times and abort? is this DE's idea of how i should spend my time in the game? this thing is very poorly implemented IMHO. surely they can improve on this by maybe sending us on a mission from simaris's room directly. like how darvo sends us to create a ruckus with clem

exterminates won't be the best for many of the targets that are considered second- and final-lines of adversity, nor will survivals suffice either for such mob types.  for instance napalms and eviscrators are considered final-line, and you likely won't see them in anything as a simaris scan target availability except invasions.  second-line mobs appear in defenses/survivals around 5 waves/5 mins, final-line around 10 waves/10 mins.

but as i said, they'll never be mentioned as a scan-target by simaris and made available, so....

make sure the target type is one that appears on a planet, and try doing a corpus/grineer invasion if it is available.  however, i tend to have most luck with these kinds of mobs in captures

if simaris doesn't say something is around, you'll never get it on that mission, so keep aborting and trying!

did you actually accept simaris's mission? because that might be why they're not spawning.

i did obviously that's how i know i'm supposed to find 3x drahk masters. the enemy type is abundant in all the missions i tried on sedna, earth and phobos. just no call from simaris to capture any. and seriously trying and aborting should not be THE method of getting those anyway. like i said implementing a method similar to what darvo has with clem is much much better and intuitive. why do we have this half-baked $#|+ instead?

i did obviously that's how i know i'm supposed to find 3x drahk masters. the enemy type is abundant in all the missions i tried on sedna, earth and phobos. just no call from simaris to capture any. and seriously trying and aborting should not be THE method of getting those anyway. like i said implementing a method similar to what darvo has with clem is much much better and intuitive. why do we have this half-baked $#|+ instead?

Im asking because ive done it before. I though i accepted the daily mission but it turned out i misclicked and didnt.

Anyway try pallas ceres.

If you  didn't maanage to get the daily target within the day ... You'll only get that if target is the same... But better go cancel and accept the new daily synth ... I had that with BM's for a while ... I just wondered why could I do that sitll ... but it's just bugged . And reported to moder to move the thread to "player helping players".

If you  didn't maanage to get the daily target within the day ... You'll only get that if target is the same... But better go cancel and accept the new daily synth ... I had that with BM's for a while ... I just wondered why could I do that sitll ... but it's just bugged . And reported to moder to move the thread to "player helping players".

this did happen i must admit but on asking simaris what is my target he shows me the updated one so i didn't think it was necessary to reapply for the job. i'll definitely try your tip thank you.

what i mean is simaris changes the target each day even if i took the job days ago and never managed to scan a single one.  if you talk to him the menu shows that you accepted the job and the updated target so i didn't think it was necessary to cancel and reapply for it.

thank you. did you get the targets consecutively doing that mission (i assume you needed 3) or was it random/trial and error?

Well it was my daily synthesis and simaris needed me to capture 2 of them. I followed a hunch and decided to try phobos and used the same node for Arid Eviscerator.

No sure if i was lucky or not but drak master spawned both times i went to the node. Im assuming its a common spawn point since drak masters are a pretty common enemy. Anywho, no random searching for me :)

However, just like with the arid Eviscerator, sometimes when you enter the map the enemies are already in alert mode or even a desert skate will set them off.

Not only that, it doesnt matter if they're in alert mode or not, once you've scan a spot on his body he will start running away from you.

Anyway, i think it would be best to create a large list for all the “rare” targets for simaris so we can just refer to that if we get stuck.

Edit: english better :p

Edited by 321agemo