The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would A Separate Augment Slot Break The Game?

viperveteran

Some would (irradiating disarm, +elemental damage), some won't (curative undertow, shocking speed)

there aren't elemental damage mods for Warframes. I'm confused about the second one since those are separate frames.

I don't think it would break the game, but it would cause a minor power creep since then people don't have to choose between Aug or other mods.

DE plans to eventually have multiple augments for each power, so perhaps once there are enough option they will add a sot or another mechanic

No. Adding a separate slot for everything that slightly different from the core mods is not how the mod system works. For every mod, even for ones like Intensity and Continuity and Stretch, you have to give up mod energy and mod slots. Mod Energy is countered by forma'ing the slot, so mod slots are the relevant limiter:

Do you get that extra 30% Power Strength from Intensify, or do you go for that +440% Health from VItality?

DE already stretches what this system really means to players with the separate Exilus slot. I'm resigned to accept it, and even use it, but it is a stretch of what the mod card system is: a system of trade-offs for benefits. Separate slot for special mods (for Exilus or augments) means that you have a benefit for no drawback.

Not everything necessarily has to have a drawback.

One could say it costing mod points like exilus is a drawback as it may require a bit of fiddling with your mods or make the frames polarities rather restricting. Further to that, it'd only be for augments and nothing else.

It's just something to change it up a bit. Don't see how it'd actually 'break' the game.

I think an extra mod slot on weapons would be awesome, the only mods that would be able to go there would be fire rate, magazine capacity, and other mods of the sort

Lol exilus slot all the things. (I like the idea, mind you). Why not have a utility slot for primary, secondary, and melee weapons? (Prepares flame shield)

I don't see how it (adding additional slot for augment) would break balance in any way and if anything it would make your WF more diverse.

I think of mods as actual progress of WF like in most RPGs: you lvl up and you spend points to rise your stats be that power, health or mana/energy. Exilus mods on the other hand seems like perks for WF itself; running speed, elemental resistance, etc. while aura mods resembles (for me) something like birthsigns in TES series. Now I would like to see a slot for power perks as in augment mods (it also seems like natural course of action).

Not everything necessarily has to have a drawback.

One could say it costing mod points like exilus is a drawback as it may require a bit of fiddling with your mods or make the frames polarities rather restricting. Further to that, it'd only be for augments and nothing else.

It's just something to change it up a bit. Don't see how it'd actually 'break' the game.

The point is that everything SHOULD have a drawback, and the drawback is actually using the mod. Not the hoops you jump through to be able to use it.

And it doesn't even really "break" the game for the most part - Pool of Life, for instance, doesn't really do anything. It just goes against what the game should be. I don't like to invoke the slippery slope, but that's what a community does. It's even seen in this thread: "exilus got its own slot, why shouldn't augments?"

there aren't elemental damage mods for Warframes. I'm confused about the second one since those are separate frames.

Freeze force, shock trooper...

These examples are meant to be spread out, since some of them are good, some of them are bad (even in 1 frame there's good augs and bad augs)

I'd just rather the exilus slot be modified into just an extra slot somehow, I'd even be if you had to earn it, I just don't always find reason to use the exilus slot at all because it doesn't feel worth the points

I'd just rather the exilus slot be modified into just an extra slot somehow, I'd even be if you had to earn it, I just don't always find reason to use the exilus slot at all because it doesn't feel worth the points

The point is that everything SHOULD have a drawback, and the drawback is actually using the mod. Not the hoops you jump through to be able to use it.

And it doesn't even really "break" the game for the most part - Pool of Life, for instance, doesn't really do anything. It just goes against what the game should be. I don't like to invoke the slippery slope, but that's what a community does. It's even seen in this thread: "exilus got its own slot, why shouldn't augments?"

I'm not against drawbacks but I'm still of the opinion that not everything should have one. If we're going down that route we might as well have standard mods like intensify decreasing power efficiency opposed to a flat positive and go the way of corrupted mods for everything. Just don't think it is really needed here. Some people just want to add a twist to abilities and make their frame a bit refreshing.

You mentioned this again in your original post and I'm wondering, what 'should' the game be like exactly?

Edited by Naith

No.

see this is the pointless part you say no for literally no reason. as of right now there is like maybe 5 augment mods that are worth using all time. Giving how enemies scale having any extra advantage would be nice and not game breaking because one nerf hammer is always used, 2 augments are in general balanced quite well or adjusted quickly, 3 the broken abilities are already broken or OP to begin with.