Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Anyone Got This Feeling Before In Gaming?

Renegade343

Say, in an online game, you find yourself a combination that works well for you, whether it be against AI or against other players, and continue to use and refine it. Then, one day, the developers of the game happened to buff one of the items used in your combination, and that made the combination much more powerful than normal. Soon, other players flock to use it, and others start complaining about how people using them are "cheap" players. 

Have you felt, if that situation happened, a bit oppressed from that? I myself have felt this on multiple occasions on the few online games I play. I find myself a combination comfortable for me, then it got massively buffed somehow some time later, and soon, quite a lot of players demean those that use said combination, despite me having used that combination before it got popular. 

Now, one might say to "grow a thick skin and don't care", and yes, that person is correct (and to make things clear, I still do use my preferred combination even after these incidents most of the time.). However, I care about the emotions that are brought out from these incidents, because I feel that these experiences give me personal growth and reflection. Anyways, back to the topic at hand, has anyone felt that before?

I ignore complainers for the most part.

Contrary to popular belief, nerfs and stuff are not put into place because of whiners, so they only bother me very rarely.

I'm having fun. They can get over it.

Anyone who chides a player for using something because it's OP or whatever needs to learn what fun is.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I'm addicted to that newb feeling in a game, when everything is new to you in the game and you have to explore/experience everything for yourself. It might be why when im not playing warframe im pretty much trying every different game on steams free to play list.

Edited by Demonfr34k

Say, in an online game, you find yourself a combination that works well for you, whether it be against AI or against other players, and continue to use and refine it. Then, one day, the developers of the game happened to buff one of the items used in your combination, and that made the combination much more powerful than normal. Soon, other players flock to use it, and others start complaining about how people using them are "cheap" players. 

Have you felt, if that situation happened, a bit oppressed from that? I myself have felt this on multiple occasions on the few online games I play. I find myself a combination comfortable for me, then it got massively buffed somehow some time later, and soon, quite a lot of players demean those that use said combination, despite me having used that combination before it got popular. 

Now, one might say to "grow a thick skin and don't care", and yes, that person is correct (and to make things clear, I still do use my preferred combination even after these incidents most of the time.). However, I care about the emotions that are brought out from these incidents, because I feel that these experiences give me personal growth and reflection. Anyways, back to the topic at hand, has anyone felt that before?

Burn the complainers heads off.

That statement personally reminds me of battlefield 3, back when I actually cared about battlefield. every 2 months or in some cases even less the weapons were being rebalanced for the first year after launch. I got sick of having a build that worked for me getting altered so often I couldn't get confident in playing the game anymore. As much as I enjoyed battlefield the updates ended up making me quit the game altogether.

I really dont.

I find own way to reach the top...

I take A LOT of numbers and data in to account before I take any position on thing.

Warframe speaking... I like the boltace very much and enjoy what it has to offer but the community said otherwise, but I know my numbers and my personalized build...(not sharing sorry). I personally dont believe there are things DE can do to make it popular...

I think your problem is that you might have set the most effective ways as your standard. I personally likes to do the opposite where I aim for posibilities and potential. There are weapons I build them without multishot or damage mods, and some of them I put ammo mods... Which so far I never encounter anyone had similar build as me nor anyone who will choose the mods I choose...

More accurate would be... You tend to defines Meta as you do your calculations and tests, and I tend to look for ways to break the Meta while I do mines.

Something tells me this is what is going to happen to me when Rhino rework and QoL changes will go live.

Too bad for them, at least i know how to have fun

Rhino Rework and Iron skin changes...I think DE is trying to shut the "Rhino isn't tanky enough" community up permanently...