Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Top 5 Best Looking Melee Weapons.

(PSN)robotwars7

haven't been able to play due to Sony leaving Gorillas in charge of the network again, so to pass the time, here's another top 5. this time, I want to know what your favourite looking melee weapons are, WITHOUT taking statistics into account.

rules; No Guns (redeemer counts though!), and your choices have to be based on looks; no statistical stuff here, no crunching numbers. imagine you were seeing all these weapons for the first time with no idea what they were like. which ones are most stylish in your opinion?

my top 5.

5. Machete Wraith - I love the Red Energy strip that goes along the edge. not a fan of the Wraith camo on guns, but it looks really cool on the conventional-looking Machete, plus it's the perfect accompaniment to go with Gorgon Wraith and Wraith Twin Vipers.

4. Scindo Prime  -I really love big two-handed weapons, especially Axes. nothing feels quite like chopping Butchers in half with one of these, and the Scindo looks really ood to boot. if you don't like it, you have no taste there's skins for it, and both regular and prime have awesome charm!

3. Dual Ether Swords - back when I was a newb, I picked these as my first new weapon because of how they looked, and I've seen lots of others do the same. the gleaming, crystalline blade and Purple grip go so well together that I couldn't bring myself to paint it. still have them to this day, they are really awesome Swords! 

2. Dragon Nikana - Katanas have always been cool, even if their actual cutting power isn't quite what they make it out to be in the movies. nevertheless, I love the Dragon Nikana (for what little we see of the blade anyway), and still use the default scabbard for it. it's elegant, deadly, and brings Honour to the battlefield!

1. Galatine. it's Two handed, it's a long, fine blade, and it chops everybody in half. what's not to love? with a Galatine, you can be a Space knight and end people rightly! can't wait for Galatine Prime, that's gonna be the best looking Greatsword out there, make no mistake!

so, which blades (or blunt weapons) catch your eye? let me know in the comments, Tenno!

just for looks

1. Gemini skin Dragon Nikana / Nikana - energy flow

2. Silva and Aegis - got the best animation out there with that fire shield i think

3. Ripkas - oh that spinning hand saw

4. Prisma Dual Clevers - it just looks nice - energy flow also

5. Atterax - gotta have a whip :) - moving blades

all these i mentioned have either moving energy or moving parts ...

Edited by Pnoyleet

I don't really feel like being super in depth but:

5. Dual Cleavers- Sort of simple, but i always felt they got the Grineer aesthetic off in a nice and simple way.

4. Skana- I know, I know. Another really simple weapon design, but like the Cleavers I felt the Skana filled its aesthetic role really well, and it has a sort of charm in its simplicity.

3. Dragon Nikana- It looks nice. That's pretty much it for my reasoning.

2. Atterax- If Dual Cleavers are a simple tale of Grineer Aesthetic, Atterax is a complicated novel of how its changed over time. Also it is a whip with rotating sawblades which makes no sense and is too impractical not to love.

1. Nami Skyla- These don't really feel like they fit in to a faction as well as other weapons, however their design is one I fell in love with as soon as I saw it. Literally the only melee weapon that made me go "I have to get the stuff for this as soon as possible"

5.Atterax - A whip with rotating sawblades on it if that isnt a beutifly devistating weapon I don't know what is.

4.Cerata - This in my opinion nails the glaive athstetic perfectly looking like a weapon that is so deadly it might kill the user in untrained hands.

3.Nikana - In a world of plasma swords and jetpack hammers its good to see the simplicity of a good old katana.

2.Silva and Aegis - I wish this weapon was actually usefull because it is impossible to not look badass when using this weapon. When I envision someone using this weapon I think of a demi-god slaying anyone who opposes him.

1.Redeemer - To start its a freakin gun blade and a well designed one at that. I think the reason this is my favorite is because it looks like a weapon handcrafted by a talented gunsmith while also having an old western feel to it. It also helps that it has the most impressive and stylistic animations in the game in my opinion.

Edited by (PS4)awesomelaw128

1) Dragon nikana

2) Prisma Skana (painted in gold or silver)

3) Cerata

4) Proto Glaive

5) Silva and Aegis

BT) Fragor and ankyros prime

Can't wait to put my hand on the

yet unreleased Nikana prime, Teshin's dual nikana and mios
Edited by -----LegioN-----