Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Rumor]More Chinese Themed Warframe Coming

akira_him

I guess they really do plan on adding the whole Chinese Pantheon into Warframe. Seriously wish they'd stop going on this. Warframe should stay original instead of going on the train of copycat failure.

Do not worry. That means more new material for me to make puns. 

Next China frame after Nezha is very likely going to be another deity. I feel we can turn this into a game of sorts, betting on what deity themed frame China will get next.

The Mother-buddha. 

I guess they really do plan on adding the whole Chinese Pantheon into Warframe. Seriously wish they'd stop going on this. Warframe should stay original instead of going on the train of copycat failure.

If they keep it to themselves, it's fine. DE already made it clear that our Warframe is different from Star Armor.

As long as they finally start having some interesting concepts...

Though, given their current path, I have to admit that I'm a little concerned what this will mean for the gender balance - I'd have expected one male and one female Chinaframe initially, but instead both are male. I don't know much about gender politics in China, but I'm a little wary that maybe all of the male frames we get - at least for a while - will be using that rather lackluster China themes we've seen thus far, and we wont get such an exploration with any female designs from their particular set of ideas.

But, it's a stupid train of thought that I probably shouldn't be worrying about anyway.

i hate these chinese warframes because they break the lore and trivialize any meaning or story in the game

they were not created out of originality or passion, or even community made ideas, their sole purpose was to supplicate chinese consumers to invest in the product

they are not real warframes they are basically marketing tools, its beyond lame

it would honestly be better if they never shipped the chinese mythology marketing frames to the real warframe international version

your just lowering the quality and depth of the original game by bringing every tacky meaningless random thing from chinaframe over 

i hate these chinese warframes because they break the lore and trivialize any meaning or story in the game

they were not created out of originality or passion, or even community made ideas, their sole purpose was to supplicate chinese consumers to invest in the product

it would honestly be better if they never shipped the chinese mythology marketing frames to the real warframe international version

your just lowering the quality and depth of the original game by bringing every tacky meaningless random thing from chinaframe over 

Looking at the "Chinese frames", I'd swear they were just pieced together from parts of the other frames.

ie.

"Isn't that Nekros' bone ridge?"

"Those look like Excalibur's forarms."

"That looks just like Nova's alt helm."

Well Perhaps they shouldn't have sold controlling interest to a firm in China then ?

Except all the while the game has been primarily shipped to American/European gamer communities it has had a sizeable portion of names and themes drawn quite blatantly from the relevant mythology. 

You can try and claim that Loki, Nyx, Oberon and the rest - were purely created out of "originality and passion" - but you are kidding yourself if marketing to the targeted audience wasn't factored in as well. 

So basically - all your high minded ideals there about keeping the game pure or something - just read like thinly veiled prejudice against the Chinese and their mythology to me.

Its doubly laughable when you consider that Asian motifs in general have been a fixture of Warframe since the beginning.

How do they break lore exactly? As far as i'm aware, they are just suits modeled after mythology with no story stuck to them. I've seen fan concepts that would destroy lore with the stories they have attached to them.