Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overwatch Won't Be Free To Play

AdunSaveMe

Heh.

And here i am thinking it couldn't get worse. I just hope the gameplay is fun, or at least on par with Warframe in terms of Co-operative level of gun/gameplay.

Blizzard might not be able to write good stories anymore, but they know how to make games. 

You'd never think this is their first FPS.

Kind of surprised; I'd have thought a game like this to live and die by population so alienating people who can't or don't want to pay 50 dollars for it seems like shooting yourself in the foot. Guess we'll see how it goes. 

Blizzard might not be able to write good stories anymore, but they know how to make games. 

You'd never think this is their first FPS.

Pretty sure overwatch is PvP only.

Hence why i said i hope it would have good level of co-op play in terms of the PvP action. I tried TF2 again a few days ago after a big delay and surprisingly, its teamplay aspect is perfectly balanced out by the weapons and the character choices. So hopefully it would be like that.

As for it being a First person shooter, i don't mind.

...People thought it would be?

The thing about TF2 and Warframe that make them viable for F2P are their premium items, like crate keys and extra reactors. People buying into the game for those are able to support the game, meaning those who can't do that can still play regardless.

Overwatch, though, doesn't seem like it would have as many options for similar things. Sure, there are skins that can be made, but there's no ad infinitum premium object. In TF2, there are always more keys to buy. Here, you can always buy an extra reactor/forma/what have you. In Overwatch, though, there's not the same potential. Unless they implement something similar, which is still a possibility (albeit a depressing one).

It's a matter of being able to pay for the game. It doesn't have the options of other, similar games, so it'll have to have an upfront price tag to compensate. 

Kind of surprised; I'd have thought a game like this to live and die by population so alienating people who can't or don't want to pay 50 dollars for it seems like shooting yourself in the foot. Guess we'll see how it goes. 

You could say the same thing about CS:GO.

Hence why i said i hope it would have good level of co-op play in terms of the PvP action. I tried TF2 again a few days ago after a big delay and surprisingly, its teamplay aspect is perfectly balanced out by the weapons and the character choices. So hopefully it would be like that.

As for it being a First person shooter, i don't mind.

Your post makes no reference to PvP.

So now people expect a game with no buyable content to be free, huh? Do you guys even understand how business works?

If Overwatch costs are minimal, then Blizzard could stand a chance to make Overwatch a cost centre (if what I learned in business is still correct in my memory). After all, they still are reaping lots of profits from other games, as well as having enough cash to run daily operations without any signs of risk. 

If Overwatch costs are minimal, then Blizzard could stand a chance to make Overwatch a cost centre (if what I learned in business is still correct in my memory). After all, they still are reaping lots of profits from other games, as well as having enough cash to run daily operations without any signs of risk. 

They could do it easy. If they only had Overwatch, it'd probably have to work like Guild Wars 2 used to, with microtransactions and a game cost to support it in the long run, but they can easily afford to make it a $40 game with some other stuff and have it supported by their other games.

Here we have the perfect example of Corporate kicking us in the nutsack and giving us the finger afterwards

Everybody knows that true corporate bastards charge money for their videogames.

We think it should be free, so it should be free! Damn those greedy fools!

Edited by AdunSaveMe

These next generation Third Person Co-op Shooters are becoming more and more intuitive on how their games are being played, but the hype is just merely up to their expectations and are never sure if the games are even applicably fun when they are released.

Both Overwatch and Battleborn are said to be non-F2P, and will be more on the P2P side not because they wanted to you continue pay them for more developments, but it simply follows the line of standard games like Payday 2 used to be.

What I am afraid of are games who would provide Pre-order benefits and the gameplay that are still subject to change within short notice of their releases. Destiny was handed out to a furnace just simply with this degree, and has led to toxicity beyond replenishment, CoD still calling shots with Pre-orders even though their customer count is slowly being pushed away as a whole.

All I'm hoping with Triple-A games like these that they continue providing more content freely rather than having them handed out as pathetic excuses of DLC's.

And that's just my opinion.