Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recommendation For Secondary Weapon

Ojimaru

Question

I'm currently favouring Paris Prime (and later Rakta Cernos) as my main Primary and Mire or Dark Dagger for Blight proc after Finishers. Would love some recommendations for secondary weapon choices to complement my arsenal.

Thanks in advance.

14 answers to this question

my main go-to secondary for most weapons is the vaykelok (vayk marelok)

usually because i don't run any frames that have enough space for any type of survivability/hp regen, and i don't have a life strike on me; so as a result i rely on syndicates for hp regen (i dont like using hp/energy/any gear of any type, idk, just a me thing)

aside from the 25% hp restore, it gives you a slight armor buff (10% or something?) and a blast proc, which opens enemies up to finishers ltic

also the gun itself is great, fast fire rate with a nice crit chance and enough damage to be viable far, far into lategame

other than that, some other nice options are:

furis (fire rate+proc builds are always nice with this thing, augment gives it hp leech)

any of the secondary shotguns (i personally prefer the kohmak, but the detron and brakk are still awesome imo; the bronco/prime isn't really that good imo but perhaps i was using it wrong)

any of the throwing daggers (hikprime for me, high fire rate + nice proc and damage)

gammacor (high ammo economy, nice proc/sec, decent damage when modded)

finally, the acrid is always a nice pick

Edited by Ordel

Thanks for the quick responses. Vaykor Marelok looks particularly interesting and complements well with my Energy Restoration from the Blight proc. Then again, having experienced the Hikou, I don't doubt I'll have a ton of fun with the Hikou Prime.

Best secondaries I've had by far are atomos, kulstar and sinoid gamacor.

Atomos with ruinous ext will hit enemies (chain) that you don't even see yet. It will kill groups and clear rooms fast and safe.

Kulstar is more powerful, when I need to level primary on draco, I get this baby, it can clear large group of most dangerous enemies fast. Pocket rocket launcher, just don't take it to solo missions (possible suicide : )

S. Gamacor has extremely high, pinpoint damage, 100% precision. Among most damaging secondaries in game. Beam type, will mince thru enemies with ease. 

All of the three have very high chance of status. 

Vaykor Marelok was a game changer for me. The gun is absolute beast when super-charged. I got it to support bows if I decide to use them in future but it became my go-to weapon for almost any occasion. You can achieve very high status chance with it, which makes it very flexible tool.

I also have Kulstar lying around for Infestation missions. It feels very satisfying to bullet jump into air or away from large mob of monster to blast them with mini-torpedo launcher.

recommendations;

Endgame Pistols; Lex Prime and Vaykor Marelok. both can be ridiculously powerful.

Machine Pistols; Akzani are best IMO, large Magazine and handle fairly well.

thrown Secondary: Hikou prime modded for Fire Rate, or Despair. both work great.

Crowd Control; Sonicor or Kulstar will both serve you well, Angstrum too. (mind the Kulstar's explosion though!)

Corpus Wrecker; Synoid Gammacor, goes great with Mag.

You need a fast fire rate secondary to compliment a bow imo. It helps a lot with Nullifier bubbles.  Aksomati, Twin Grakata and Hikou Prime are good choices.

This!

I use Sancti Tigris and I had the Marelok as secondary and I had to melee nullifiers because of the slow firing rate of the Shotgun which ressembles the bows.

Pick any weapon that has a high firing rate.

TWIN GRAKATAS!!