Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About Expanding Eris To Actually Being On Eris?

(PSN)Fac3kick3r_lolz

Eris is larger than Pluto but also fairly similar to pluto. Its a frozen plant with methane and argon and ice.

Since the Corpus lost control of Eris to the infestation, It could be a huge breeding ground for the infestation and since nothings really there to contest them It could be home to the most dangerous infested.

Eris could be an entryway to the derelict so imagine frozen, abandoned corpus buildings built around orokin ruins that was taken by the infestation. Anyways that would be my idea of what Eris would look like. So what do you think?

Edited by (PS4)Fac3kick3r_lolz

I'd rather seen Infestation-overtaken Grineer sites first.

Though, personally, I wouldn't really have any issue with NOT getting Eris as a planet tileset. How many more Ice tilesets do we need? What more is there with the theme that can be explored?

I'd rather seen Infestation-overtaken Grineer sites first.

Though, personally, I wouldn't really have any issue with NOT getting Eris as a planet tileset. How many more Ice tilesets do we need? What more is there with the theme that can be explored?

Oy, Morec0. How about complexes that are covered with the derelict vines and plant growth combined with infested growth but on the outside is a sunless dark frozen wasteland

Offtopic: So are you always ready to discuss lore and other things 24/7? I've seen you respond from midnight to the middle of the day

Edited by (PS4)Fac3kick3r_lolz

Oy, Morec0. How about complexes that are covered with the derelict vines and plant growth combined with infested growth but on the outside is a sunless dark frozen wasteland

It just doesn't feel... fresh enough to me. Just feels like recycling the same old things with a new layer of paint over them. I mean, you can put Infestation on any planet, but that doesn't give it it's own identity.

The Installations have covered the arctic tundra and caverns.

The crash sites have covered the arctic wastes and glaciers.

Trust me, I'm racking my brain trying to figure out something fresh for an Eris terrestrial tileset, but it's just not coming. 

MAYBE some kind of arctic ocean thing, but that'll just piss the realism peeps off with how the heck there's water on Eris. Remember Uranus?

Edited by Morec0

It just doesn't feel... fresh enough to me. Just feels like recycling the same old things with a new layer of paint over them. I mean, you can put Infestation on any planet, but that doesn't give it it's own identity.

The Installations have covered the arctic tundra and caverns.

The crash sites have covered the arctic wastes and glaciers.

Trust me, I'm racking my brain trying to figure out something fresh for an Eris terrestrial tileset, but it's just not coming.

MAYBE some kind of arctic ocean thing, but that'll just piss the realism peeps off with how the heck there's water on Eris. Remember Uranus?

how about duel enviroments? Warm jungle/infestation inside building s but on the outside its just a mess of ice and methane

how about duel enviroments? Warm jungle/infestation inside building s but on the outside its just a mess of ice and methane

Now there's a thought (fun fact: did you know I spell "thought" as "though" every single time unless I catch myself?)... again I think we run into trouble with trying to make the ice part of it distinct from Europa and Mars... Pluto... wherever that eventually ends up, but it gives us a definite start...

Maybe we could run with just some kind of misty and dark frozen-rock mess? Like the only lighting outside would come from sparse Corpus lamps/Infested bio-luminescence? The terrain itself could just be a one-note frozen rocky mess (not necessarily snow, just ice over stone) and instead of typical walls the light would just get dimmer and dimmer the further off of the lit path you went, until you eventually hit the no-go zones and get teleported back into the light?

Can't say I'm a fan of how this might overlap with my Sinope "basically Zerg Hive Cluster" Infested tileset idea for earlier planets, though.

Edited by Morec0

Now there's a thought (fun fact: did you know I spell "thought" as "though" every single time unless I catch myself?)... again I think we run into trouble with trying to make the ice part of it distinct from Europa and Mars... Pluto... wherever that eventually ends up, but it gives us a definite start...

Maybe we could run with just some kind of misty and dark frozen-rock mess? Like the only lighting outside would come from sparse Corpus lamps/Infested bio-luminescence? The terrain itself could just be a one-note frozen rocky mess (not necessarily snow, just ice over stone) and instead of typical walls the light would just get dimmer and dimmer the further off of the lit path you went, until you eventually hit the no-go zones and get teleported back into the light?

Can't say I'm a fan of how this might overlap with my Sinope "basically Zerg Hive Cluster" Infested tileset idea for earlier planets, though.

To summarize. An Aliens vibe? Powerful Infestation that stalks you would be fun and terrifying Edited by (PS4)Fac3kick3r_lolz

To summarize. An Aliens vibe? Powerful Infestation that stalks you would be fun and terrifying

Something like that, I think - been a while since I've seen the movie.

The outdoor locations hidden in shadows could also provide a GREAT place for Infestation to spawn in all around the players without them seeing it, a lot of locations to help get them swarmed quickly - the kind of thing the Infestation really needs to be effective. 'Cause I'm talkin' like you can't see ANYTHING outside of those lit pathways.

Edited by Morec0

Something like that, I think - been a while since I've seen the movie.

The outdoor locations hidden in shadows could also provide a GREAT place for Infestation to spawn in all around the players without them seeing it, a lot of locations to help get them swarmed quickly - the kind of thing the Infestation really needs to be effective. 'Cause I'm talkin' like you can't see ANYTHING outside of those lit pathways.

Just imagine the ancients dragging you into the shadows. Both annoying and scary since you don't know how many infested are in there.

Just imagine the ancients dragging you into the shadows. Both annoying and scary since you don't know how many infested are in there.

Personally I think that sounds awesome. Would be a great addition to the game - in terms of making the Infestation more frightening, since you're having control of your character wrenched away from you and that sort of helplessness is what makes horror horror.

for those worrying about making Eris Unique, here's how I would do it;

the planet would have constant Blizzards that hinder visibility, so the Lotus would drop a special device that clears an area of Snow temporarily, allowing you to progress forward. the Infested use a sense of smell to find you, so they could appear out of nowhere, meaning you'd always have to be on your Guard. these devices would be like Life support machines, but in all missions, not just survival.

I think the tension and challenge of fighting blind would give Eris a very unique feel to it, and a system like this could also be incorporated into other planets like Phobos, but with Sandstorms instead of Snow.