Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Had Some Fun Pretending To Be A Noob

Ayzurea

Rather have a noob on my team than an arrogant jerk that I'm gonna have to pick up ten to fifteen times in a match cause they wanna run off half way across the map to be a hallway rambo. At least  noob would have a pretty good excuse, your new I'd expect it, not like some people that like the act like they are all that and a bag of bread and can do anything because they are mr10 or whatever and constantly complain about everyone' crummy build on the team. 

In all honesty I've found it more fun to play with new players than I do most vets.They look up to vet players and I just can't let them down! I just enjoy helping them as much as I can! It's always so awesome to see how excited they get when they get their first rank 30 piece of gear or their first kubrow/sentinel or new frame! I mean I don't make it a full time job.. I'd never get anyway but I usually do spend my first hour on here on earth rocking it with the newbies.

And that's just it.. we were all new here at one point! and yeah it sucked! I mean for the first two weeks I played solo cause so many were toxic towards me and I hated it, I swore I'd never do that to someone here and I don't! Also.. still not a fan of the Lato but I'd totally rock a Braton and Skana any day!

As a new player myself, I have never ever encountered the kind of toxic people described in this thread. I've been called a "--cking noob" once and the rest is mostly helpful.

The only thing that annoyed me as a new player is that players selling are always asking "Offer?", but they know exactly what they want. Just sell me the damn maxed energy siphon aura for 15p instead of making me look it up online >.>

Honestly, I really don't mind what you use or what rank you are as long as you don't royally screw up in a mission or if you're willing to follow instructions. I'm really annoyed by people who just charge in Leeroy Jenkins style and trigger every alarm in a spy mission or run off with the thingy to plug into the mobile defense thingy.

Isn't that what you're supposed to do in MD tho? Run and plug that thing in?

That is why I now solo spy mission, however it's boring to solo stuff. I used to have 70 ciphers now I only have around 40-50 (bounces around there) due to spy alerts where people will run at the lasers then panic and shut down their brain.

Rather have a noob on my team than an arrogant jerk that I'm gonna have to pick up ten to fifteen times in a match cause they wanna run off half way across the map to be a hallway rambo. At least  noob would have a pretty good excuse, your new I'd expect it, not like some people that like the act like they are all that and a bag of bread and can do anything because they are mr10 or whatever and constantly complain about everyone' crummy build on the team. 

In all honesty I've found it more fun to play with new players than I do most vets.They look up to vet players and I just can't let them down! I just enjoy helping them as much as I can! It's always so awesome to see how excited they get when they get their first rank 30 piece of gear or their first kubrow/sentinel or new frame! I mean I don't make it a full time job.. I'd never get anyway but I usually do spend my first hour on here on earth rocking it with the newbies.

And that's just it.. we were all new here at one point! and yeah it sucked! I mean for the first two weeks I played solo cause so many were toxic towards me and I hated it, I swore I'd never do that to someone here and I don't! Also.. still not a fan of the Lato but I'd totally rock a Braton and Skana any day!

Hmmm I used the Skana up to about Saturn then changed to Dual Skana at Neptune I changed to something else. That was a long time ago.... I used the Lato or the AKLato up to Saturn. Not bad weapons actually although it was much more painful as it took a mag to kill anything.

How you described it was like they were your kids. Although I feel the same.

Honestly, I really don't mind what you use or what rank you are as long as you don't royally screw up in a mission or if you're willing to follow instructions. I'm really annoyed by people who just charge in Leeroy Jenkins style and trigger every alarm in a spy mission or run off with the thingy to plug into the mobile defense thingy.

People that rush sabotage missions without finding all caches first are my biggest hatred.

the S#&$ty players are mostly not newbs, to my surprise. i rather enjoy taking a break from voiding all day and sometimes help out new guys that just started, most of them are pretty nice with the occational beggar.

tho this community isnt very toxic overall to begin with so i dont really meet such players very often. except in trade chat lol

I've had great fun taking my sentinel-less multi-forma Excal, Mk1-Braton, Lato and Skana to high-level nodes. I've never had any comments on my choice of loadout, though.

This was so much easier with the old UI, when other players couldn't see your mastery rank in the mission select screen.

I always find it amusing when I get more kills than anyone else on Ophelia (and no, I never use EB - blind spam for the win).

Edited by DoomFruit

How do you pretend that you're a noob when your mastery rank sticks out like a sore thumb.

They are the biggest "noobs" if they don't know about Z key :D.

I have it always on. Easy to see their MR and if anyone is realy bleeding out. Most of the time bleeding out icon on overlay map is bugged and stays there for the whole mission.

I don't care about other player loadouts as long as they are not activating LS too early or dying too much.

Edited by Buldozers

I saw somebody doing this 3 days ago on a Triton PuG.

After 20 excavators  he left with 40% damage, me with top weapons (Frost Prime; Sancti Tigris; Kulstar and Jat Kittag) at about 30% and a lot more damage taken(though it was my job) and the other two were about equal.

One was the -Duration Mesa that decided it woukld be a better tank than me and the second was an augmented Crush Mag.

They also had forgotten/didn´t know about the team-HUD and stated giving me S#&$ for carrying him.

And since he got 104% accuracy (pounch trough FTW!) i may also give the starter-Equipment a nother try.

I don't want to be this guy, but I guess I don't really follow, which goes to say I don't believe you given the details. From the way you are speaking, it sounds like you are an experienced player, which would lead me to believe you have a MR of some value. You say you bought starter gear to appear noobish, however your MR would remain the same. I can't believe a player can find the stats menu mid-mission, but can't see your MR and know whats going on.

Also anyone being rude is highly unlikely to apologize just because they realize you aren't as low-tier as you appear. And especially not beg to not be reported. I'm sorry, but the toxic community (the ones toxic enough to be that rude to noobies) aren't going to be scared of a report.

I don't know, I'm sure I'm being a bit of a d*ck, but honestly it just seems like you are putting on airs, trying to be all 'muahahaha I tricked these guys look at me!'

*shrug* in the end its not my business and I apologize for possibly raining on parades, no offense intended. Twas just my 2 cents.

You can check stats during the game. Press 'p' i believe. Can also check their profiles too. So yeah, there's that point out the window.

If u did not forma that ''starter items'' i would report u for troling inb4 i used ability n stuff 

U do your best not your worse in the game i do understand what u did but i just HATE people making jokes like thisits anoying 

And you do not have any reason to report anybody for calling you noob i get called a noob every day buy new players (that i buy stuff with money n such that i dont becouse im poor in real life) but u can just ignore if u spread the hate its newer ending circle if i have to explain it to oyu im gonna get brain cancer so peace im out 

As there was a lot of anti noob hate topics in the last week. So I bought a Braton, Lato, and Skana. Then used my volt as it's "decent" and more to a stereotypical noob uses.

Then played some Earth and Venus missions.

The first game I was paired with a MR 2 player on Earth and he something like: what kinda of weirdo dresses up like me.

(Yup he called me weird T.T )

Some games later some guy(MR 7) looked at my character saw the skana and the braton and said something like: another noob in an excavation. I wish the noobs will just go off and play some other game. (Ouch, but I waited till one opened the esc menu to see me.) One eventually did open up the menu and then said something like: o **** that noob is twice us and did more kills than us. (For some reason they were doing 1 excavator at a time..... all 3 of them.) The rudest guy just left the match. The other two just apologized and begs me for not to report them. (What I should've did then was to use the same logic on them and say "man I wish these noobs and point at them would learn to play fairly.") But I only said to them: be nicer, you were once a noob too.

But the surprising or unsurprising part was that they were on Earth. But most other matches was me getting paired up with a new person.

--------

I was going to post screenshots but found out me spamming printscrn does nothing.... what is the screenshot key =/ I heard from somebody its F6 but that does nothing too. =[

Print screen button saves a Bitmap image of your current display to the Memory, to use it you have to paste it into paint or photoshop. f6 saves directly to a folder in pictures on your PC

How do you pretend that you're a noob when your mastery rank sticks out like a sore thumb.

As I said above somewhere. Some are either too busy or lazy to check so they just run up to you and look. Also what I noticed many don't know the Z key exists.

What in the side of the face of the earth are you on? I never see people S#&$ talking in this game(Except PvP) 

Earth Def, Earth Excavation and Earth Exterminate.

@Naith

Its the Z key for the party list. A lot of people I met don't have it on or doesn't know it even exists.

-----------------------

As I said before the results on here may look high but it took me 2 days of doing this to get any results from playing a decent amount of games.

As there was a lot of anti noob hate topics in the last week. So I bought a Braton, Lato, and Skana. Then used my volt as it's "decent" and more to a stereotypical noob uses.

Then played some Earth and Venus missions.

The first game I was paired with a MR 2 player on Earth and he something like: what kinda of weirdo dresses up like me.

(Yup he called me weird T.T )

Some games later some guy(MR 7) looked at my character saw the skana and the braton and said something like: another noob in an excavation. I wish the noobs will just go off and play some other game. (Ouch, but I waited till one opened the esc menu to see me.) One eventually did open up the menu and then said something like: o **** that noob is twice us and did more kills than us. (For some reason they were doing 1 excavator at a time..... all 3 of them.) The rudest guy just left the match. The other two just apologized and begs me for not to report them. (What I should've did then was to use the same logic on them and say "man I wish these noobs and point at them would learn to play fairly.") But I only said to them: be nicer, you were once a noob too.

But the surprising or unsurprising part was that they were on Earth. But most other matches was me getting paired up with a new person.

--------

I was going to post screenshots but found out me spamming printscrn does nothing.... what is the screenshot key =/ I heard from somebody its F6 but that does nothing too. =[

Do you have/use a keyboard that has a Function "Fn" key, if so then you have to hold Fn and press F6. Wish SS was rebindable and not hard coded to F6, kind of a finger twister when I try to take SS

I honestly don't  see why people treat new players so bad... If there aren't new players coming in...the game will shut down in time....

Besides... I honestly don't see anything that's challenging enough in the game that people will need a team full of expert players... I honestly don't, in fact I solo most of the time... which I still don't see the challenging part... 

Eh, i mostly get appreciated for helping people on Earth sometimes, but that's because i tend to avoid Lua or other farming places whenever i try to help new players. They're mostly fun. Some aren't but they're pretty easily dismissable. Had an occurence where i met another person that's also being a fake newbie, but it's all fun and games. Sometimes you just never know what will happen is all, for me.