Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Really Need More Infested-Type Weaponry. V.v

AnOldAlias

Infested Orokin Weapons.

Could be lorebreaking, but the Orokin and Infestation are intertwined story-wise. I really have no idea if this makes any sense since I don't have full access to the game's lore.

Infested GRINEER Weapons.

Hmm.. could be interesting. I'm open to seeing weapon designs that mix faction technology and attributes.

Aeriion, made a good post on a Grineer-Corpus hydridCorpus-Grineer weapon. It's not Infested, but it is a good example of hybrid weapons if you want to use it to help design your own.

Edited by Ajreil

We really need new designs instead.(and explore underepresented ones')

-Sentient
-Umbra
-Dragon (only a single Dragon design exists...this can be explored further)
-Neutral factions -> Supposedly there are settlements n stuff all over the origin system...so yea. It would be unlikely for them to not have any tools that can be made into weapons
-Hybrid -> Hybrid weaponry is horribly underrepresented as well. There is a Grineer-Orokin hybrid pistol (Seer) and a couple of Quanta variants for Corpus-Infested.....aaaand that pretty much ends it for ACTUAL hybrid weaponry. Where is the epic Corpus-Orokin nuke? I'm sure the Grineer could learn a lot from the Corpus, too.

Edited by Shehriazad

the problem I have with Infested weapons is that while they're effective, they're also UGLY. the only decent looking one is the Cerata IMO.

but I wouldn't say no to more weapons.

I also think we should have more Mara-series weapons, and have Baro start bringing enhanced versions of Infested Weapons with a new Prefix (e.g. Pestilent Scoliac, Pestilent Torid, etc.)

Infested Bows.

Infested Orokin Weapons.

Infested GRINEER Weapons.

Infested Staves.

Infested Polearms.

Infested Scythes.

Infested EVERYTHING.

... Please?

I want it all ;=;

Yes to everything... except maybe Orokin weapons. Unless there is a really short, to the point explanation why Orokin Infested weapons exist, that's the only one I'd say, "meh... maybe not" to. But especially yes to staves, polearms and bows. They are my favorite weapon types.

A good spot to start might be the Hind. The thing already looks kinda infested anyway, so it could be an infested burst fire rifle that deals corrosive or toxic damage as its base.

Actually, I'd like to see more Tenno-like weapons being developed. I would say that since we awakened, we were using what was at hand. For example, old Tenno tech, current Grineer/Corpus tech, and whatever we found during infested cleansings. I'd really like to think that the Tenno have a few forge minded individuals among them crafting Tenno specific weapons that are more functional, streamlined, and in line with Tenno fighting styles. I think the Tenno would research the traits and try to build on infested weapon functions rather than use infested weapons if given a choice. But this is also coming from someone who hates the look of infested weapons. LOL