Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sadness Of The Community

So first thing that happens when I get into the game after 3 months of played is get told of for being a furry. It's quite funny actually the way people assume they know what you are from what you identify as.

Just to put this out there everyone is a furry pretty much.

If you like looney toons, furry, ducktales, furry. So on down that list. Thing is there are different levels.

I guess just because I like foxes and a certain type of art I'm a bad person, anyways.

I'm actually worried for this games community at this point. It's starting to feel worse than league.

I actually have yet to meet one person who has flamed me for being a 'furry' in league as I meet many on here.. Is this just where the casuals who find other games too hard meet, or? I'm not bashing this game.. It's great in all honestly.. But I am truly worried that it will turn into APB at some point down the line..

Anyone else notice a stupid amount of toxicity around Warframe as of late? Every time I get on it seems to be like that and the game is just a turn off from it.. (Same as APB for me)

Edited by RykerTheFox

Well, if you talk about Rule 34 anthropomorphic animals, then yeah that stuff is creepy and weird.

Enjoy whatever you want, just don't expect other people to like it too and be fine when you publicly talk about it.

Either way, right click -> ignore and move on.

Dislinking that ideal of splitting people in "communities", like if somehow a group of people playing a certain game is automatically less or more toxic just because of what game they play. For any randomly picked group of people you get statistically similar results.

Are you 100% sure that it wasn't just a troll and you fell for it? I mean, I wouldn't consider "furry" by itself an insult or offence, even if you do, still a very weak one. Not something to get offended too much about.

Edited by dadaddadada

I'm a fur myself, so first off, hiya!

I've actually (by chance) met a lotta furs playing Warframe, and have recieved very little, if any flack for being one myself. There has always been SOME toxicity running around the Forums and the community, but not nearly as much (In my experience) as some games I've played.

I dunno, it could be a difference in presentation, I don't try to hide the fact personally, though I don't exactly flaunt it either. (I still use *Facepaw* even around non-furs where applicable). as Unlikely as I find it, maybe my Founder status makes some people overlook that in some kinda weird reverence? though I seriously doubt that, it's far more likely just luck of the draw for who we end up plying with. maybe it also "Helps" a little that I mostly play solo.

Stick in there though, things aren't all bad and a few toxic people are no reason to quit a game, and certainly no reason to feel bad about yourself. A little confidence can go a long way ^^

Few things, these are my opinions, so ignore them if you feel they don't apply to you, though give them some serious thought for a moment.

First, unless they're good friends who express an interest in "furry" there really isn't a point to bring it up in warframe. If you announce it in open chat, you're just unintentionally baiting trolls. (Furry is just one of many ... MANY topics Trolls strike at.)

Second, Trolls will be relentless so long as you show it effects you, it's often no fun for them if you don't respond.

Third, It's their opinion, you can ignore it, also if you don't like being picked on for it, don't pick on them back, it just makes you look just as bad and ruins any case you have against them. Ask them politely to stop, if they continue or get worse, take screen shots and submit a ticket.

Finally, there is always that group of stupid that migrates from topic to topic, in a few days they'll forget about you (faster if you don't instigate it) and they'll be crying about a nerf or ninja's vs pirates (or more then likely something vulgar and disgusting) and you'll be old news.

That all said, I wish you well and hope they lay off you soon

You are who you are Fox, I'm one too, and I'm not ashamed of it, I'll spare you the details, but don't let anyone shut you down because of it, if you have to ignore them, then so be it, If I was you I'll report each one of them. Make a huge list, then give it to DE, they will sort the players out.

Don't beat yourself over it, you got friends here, if you want someone you can relate to of being such, just feel free to speek to me

Warframes community is in no way even comparable to LoL, one person being ignorant jerk doesn't mean this community's toxic. There are a lot more extremely nice people in the community I've only been flamed on once and that was for being a founder so yeah sometimes you find those people but ignore them because warframes community is one of the best I've ever seen 

We all knew that toxic players were getting here sooner or later, in the end a larger community means more toxic crybabies not being capable of getting out of their mentality and trying something new instead of the classic "I press one button and everything explodes" mentality.

The important thing is having the knowledge that there are Toxic players but being capable to stay on the side of the resonable players, the ones that don't say "pls nerf this" or "y u nerf dis now iz S#&$" without even having tried those on different ways or just having the knowledge of how that thing works right now. Trying to keep a neutral mentality, trying something with different playstyles and understanding what are the major changes, giving a feedback after having fully tested everything is the mentality that you have to stick with.

I mean some guys don't even know what they're talking about, so I don't think that they're worth my time, lel.

I'm a fur myself, so first off, hiya!

I've actually (by chance) met a lotta furs playing Warframe, and have recieved very little, if any flack for being one myself. There has always been SOME toxicity running around the Forums and the community, but not nearly as much (In my experience) as some games I've played.

I dunno, it could be a difference in presentation, I don't try to hide the fact personally, though I don't exactly flaunt it either. (I still use *Facepaw* even around non-furs where applicable). as Unlikely as I find it, maybe my Founder status makes some people overlook that in some kinda weird reverence? though I seriously doubt that, it's far more likely just luck of the draw for who we end up plying with. maybe it also "Helps" a little that I mostly play solo.

Stick in there though, things aren't all bad and a few toxic people are no reason to quit a game, and certainly no reason to feel bad about yourself. A little confidence can go a long way ^^

HIya, yeah, maybe it was just because it's my first time back after awhile and it annoys me to have that be the first thing I see.

Does body hair counts as fur?

What is body hair?

First: HAI! :3 *Waves*

Second: try not to take it too seriously. the saltiest people tend to be the loudest and most vocal.

A lot of people probably didn't care and the vocal minority got ahold of you.

Like I said, first thing I saw after coming back from a long break is kinda aggravating,.

Unfortunately there will always be individuals who wish to cause an issue. If you ever run by a user who is being disrespectful, rude or antagonistic for any reason, please use the forum or in game report feature and take screen shots of their behavior so action may be taken in accordance to the Code of Conduct.

You should never be hassled over being yourself. Whether this be racially and religiously speaking or if you're apart of any group including furrys. We are all Tenno, no matter what and we all deserve to be respected.

I'm sorry your experiences have been less than pleasant.

I see no reason to put someone down for being a furry. While of course there some cultures that tries to stand out negatively.

If I do see someone actively hating furries yet liking alien-like characters on the fly, then I deem that person a liar, a moron and a hypocrite in one sitting.

For what it's worth, it doesn't matter what it is, humans will endeavour to divide themselves into groups and deriding everything else.

What matters is being able to acknowledge that and just...be comfortable being yourself. The nature of an individual should only be someone else's business if it affects them in some capacity, and by and large, if it doesn't, then it shouldn't even be something they complain about.

You're you, at the end of the day. Some random person be it here or anywhere, can't take that away from you...and if they think that they can or should, then they're the one mistaken at the end of the day.

Ultimately, so long as being oneself doesn't hurt other people in an actual tangible way beyond 'I don't like it' grumblings...enjoy being yourself and enjoying the things you enjoy.

Focus on the people who are good to be around, not the ones who bring you down. Can only make things better.