Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Primal Fury Is Broken. Power Range Not Working

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

• 2 weeks later...

so range mods are actually working but primal fury is just bad. the overall range you can achieve is capped at a rather low value that you can easily achieve with 50% range with a just few combo points. the damage is nothing to write home about either over regular melee. you might just as well go regular melee with primed reach - on certain weapons your range will actually be better. on top the simple primal fury combo has a ground pound that basically has no range at all.

so range mods are actually working but primal fury is just bad. the overall range you can achieve is capped at a rather low value that you can easily achieve with 50% range with a just few combo points. the damage is nothing to write home about either over regular melee. you might just as well go regular melee with primed reach - on certain weapons your range will actually be better. on top the simple primal fury combo has a ground pound that basically has no range at all.

You would think that maybe WuKong would have been the exception to Bloodlust, Body Count, Weeping Wounds, and Maiming Strike

Since His Ultimate has higher energy drain than Excalibur and Valkyr and provides less mechanics.

(Exalted Blade: Wave Blade, Slide-Blind, and Auto-Parry ; Hysteria: Innate Life-steal, Status Immunity, Knockdown Immunity, and Damage Invulnerability; Primal Fury: Staff grows from combo multiplier to 200% bonus cap)

At least let Primal Fury use new melee mods...

You would think that maybe WuKong would have been the exception to Bloodlust, Body Count, Weeping Wounds, and Maiming Strike

Since His Ultimate has higher energy drain than Excalibur and Valkyr and provides less mechanics.

(Exalted Blade: Wave Blade, Slide-Blind, and Auto-Parry ; Hysteria: Innate Life-steal, Status Immunity, Knockdown Immunity, and Damage Invulnerability; Primal Fury: Staff grows from combo multiplier to 200% bonus cap)

At least let Primal Fury use new melee mods...

Super true.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any plans of Primal Fury getting "fixed" to perform like the gifs in the original post? If not I am gonna be so piss. I spend a lot of time trying to find Nitain Extracts to research him so I could use the iron staff, which seems to be underwhelming with its stance, damage wise since almost no combo have damage amplifier at least as far I can tell from the wiki, and its broken length mechanic. Seriously I am really disappointed.........

Even if we don't get the range up to the GIF levels Wukong should at least get

1. Combos reworked

2. Energy costs for his two toggle abilities lowered

3. Base Range increase on Primal Fury

4. Make his passive an additional 4 seconds instead of 2 seconds

5. Cloud Walker speed increase

1) Nah they need that for ALL melee combos well the execution but the iron staff stance itself needs a damage buff

2) Agree

3) Ehhh but I so much prefer the big stick in the op or make it have the longest melee range in the game

4) Yeah 2 seconds doesn't seem to be very noticeable

5) Yes so much yes

6) Why the hell is Wukong moving slower than rhino prime? He should be one of the more faster frames considering the lore of Sun Wukong

7) Wukong should be the best melee frame but gets out DPS by Excalibur and Valkyr which is BS if you ask me......

Has DE commented on the huge discrepancy yet?  That is a really huge difference between what they have and what we have from those gifs.  I only wish our Primal Fury was as good :/

1) Nah they need that for ALL melee combos well the execution but the iron staff stance itself needs a damage buff

2) Agree

3) Ehhh but I so much prefer the big stick in the op or make it have the longest melee range in the game

4) Yeah 2 seconds doesn't seem to be very noticeable

5) Yes so much yes

6) Why the hell is Wukong moving slower than rhino prime? He should be one of the more faster frames considering the lore of Sun Wukong

7) Wukong should be the best melee frame but gets out DPS by Excalibur and Valkyr which is BS if you ask me......

Definitely that bolded.  Primal Fury is such an underwhelming ability compared to the other 2.  Not to mention it has a higher drain on the actual ability.  For something that isn't throwing projectiles or recovering health natively you'd at least thing it'd be the best melee weapon in the game to hit things with.  At the very least I should be doing more damage than Hysteria when I hit something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2015 at 9:42 AM, DERebecca said:

Was definitely seeing that last night as indicated by the time stamp.

As for Primal Fury, I'll get in touch with some people that offered (possibly over the weekend) to dive in.

Been almost half a year.

Any fix?

21 hours ago, Ellthan said:

Yeah, apparently they thought it would be "broken" if it had that range (completely ignoring every single other channeled weapon in the game) so they nerfed into the heap of steaming it is today.

Don't ask me to find the post though, because I don't even remember where it is. I'll post it if I find it though.

It's ludiculous (yes, ludiculous...) to say such a thing when there are other Frames that have wide reaching abilities. This "localization of abilities" is getting heavy-handed. Now they gimped Wukong, making him garbage before he even got introduced. He NEEDS it badly to be relevant - nobody has much use for him crippled like that, and did they realize the internet is worldwide? Do they realize we can talk to people in China? What response did they think they were going to get after hobbling Wukong like this? Did they think we wouldn't find out what a jip we got? Sad, really.

• 3 weeks later...

I think keep pumping this thread won't really do anything if you guys really want to make this happen, coz if they really want to do something, they could have done it long ago or even just mention about it in stream, pax etc. It shouldn't be that hard either consider it is working like really wide range in the version of China, so it is definitely not a technical problem - they intend to keep it like this for whatever reason.

If you really want to be heard, a protest or more aggressive actions should be made to let them know you are serious on this, just saying. They could just easily turn a blind eye of a post on a forum, it's been half a year now and it could go on for half a decade, century etc.