Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Primal Fury Is Broken. Power Range Not Working

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

So I also went and experimented with the new information and it seems that with what you all have found that this is indeed how it functions.

Melee range mod does increase starting point and ability range mods shortened the time needed to get to max range, but also it feels soooo completely lackluster that I'm glad I didn't buy with plat. Why is there even a range cap to begin with.....?

Like I stated before the gif was shown the day he was announced to be released. Upon release people modded him up and noticed significant less range than the gif showed. All we recieved was acknowledgement that Wukong was not working properly, but never a denial of he would not work as the gif posted with the complaint. So yes very misleading.

It's almost like a transition from "beta" to "live". Wukong first came out in China, so they were still getting a feel for his abilities. When he came out for North America, DE had 2 months to think it over and figure out what needed to be changed. Basically, what comes out in a later/more updated version of the game can, and very possibly, be changed. People shouldn't have been so hyped up over a couple GIFs from a (If you can picture it this way) "beta" version of the game, or even a "beta" version of the frame itself.

This is just my opinion. I've seen many companies do this with there games. Some aren't so fortunate to have other servers to test these things on, so North American servers (in which they reside) can the blunt force of the buffs, nerfs, and revamps.

Yes, and stretch on frame. Well its gets long I gotta admit , but not as long as the video OP has shown us, even with the combo counter. Well that maybe due to the fact that it sometimes doesn't actually hit the enemy at all, hit boxes are kinda....yeah. not good.

I tested with Max Primed reach, Overextended and Stretch... Looks nothing like it does in the footage

I tested with Max Primed reach, Overextended and Stretch... Looks nothing like it does in the footage

DERebecca already mentioned that the range demonstrated in the GIFs were unintentional. I'm sure China got their nerf already.

Edited by Mozileon

Wukong doesn't need ZOMG range on his 4. Just more than/equal to what any other melee weapon can possibly achieve.

Could really use some modifiable range on the initial targetting of his 1, though.

Could also really use some modifiable duration on the stun from Cloud Walker.

Edited by Roboplus

Ahh, thank you. So technically range mods are not affecting primal fury, but the melee bonus. That is why many had a disparity with results. The default length was bad and not being changed with range mods. 

No problem. Glad I could help clear that up.

The melee bonus only increases Size visually, nothing more

You are absolutely sure of this? Players have been saying that here, but as I and others have demonstrated, the effects of the melee range bonus from the combo counter are not purely visual—the hitbox does extend.

No melee range bonus (+0%)

Maximum melee range bonus (+200%)

Maximum melee range bonus + Primed Reach (+365%)

Are you testing as a host or client?

Edited by PsycloneM

The melee bonus only increases Size visually, nothing more

It increases hitbox as well. With no melee counter built up, I can only hit really close to me. Later on, after 10 hits on the counter and 145% power range, I can hit from about 5-6 meters away.

It's almost like a transition from "beta" to "live". Wukong first came out in China, so they were still getting a feel for his abilities. When he came out for North America, DE had 2 months to think it over and figure out what needed to be changed. Basically, what comes out in a later/more updated version of the game can, and very possibly, be changed. People shouldn't have been so hyped up over a couple GIFs from a (If you can picture it this way) "beta" version of the game, or even a "beta" version of the frame itself.

This is just my opinion. I've seen many companies do this with there games. Some aren't so fortunate to have other servers to test these things on, so North American servers (in which they reside) can the blunt force of the buffs, nerfs, and revamps.

I knew it would get a nerf from the moment I saw the gifs, but what I'm touching on is how the gifs were shared, then people complained about Wukong being issued broken and for 1 whole week they were literally silent on the issue. Week 2 finally addressing that he was indeed not working as intended. Week 3 finally pointing out that the gifs where not how the intended for Wukong to ever work. Seriously are we going to just let that slide under the radar.

Now we have people testing a nerfed ability to tell us it is working as intended....WHAT!!!!!!???

Wukong doesn't need ZOMG range on his 4. Just more than/equal to what any other melee weapon can possibly achieve.

Could really use some modifiable range on the initial targetting of his 1, though.

Could also really use some modifiable duration on the stun from Cloud Walker.

It needs more range and/or significantly more damage than other melee weapons. If it was only equal there would be absolutely no reason to use it over the weapon itself. Especially since the stance combos are pretty lacking. I'd rather use a Galantine. I'd also rather use Chroma, since he's more durable.

I knew it would get a nerf from the moment I saw the gifs, but what I'm touching on is how the gifs were shared, then people complained about Wukong being issued broken and for 1 whole week they were literally silent on the issue. Week 2 finally addressing that he was indeed not working as intended. Week 3 finally pointing out that the gifs where not how the intended for Wukong to ever work. Seriously are we going to just let that slide under the radar.

Now we have people testing a nerfed ability to tell us it is working as intended....WHAT!!!!!!???

I was confused too, but Power Range does affect Primal Fury in that it effects the range increase on Primal's Fury staff. For example, 1 hit with low Power Range may increase the staff's size by 10%. 1 hit with higher Power Range may increase the staff's size by about 40%. I think that part is working as intended, but Rebecca and some are talking about something not working as intended. To my understanding (What I'm gathering from reading all these posts), Primal Fury is also supposed to gain an initial range boost just for having Power Range on.

It's clear that Power Range affects the range increase that you get from increasing the melee combo counter. To be honest, I'm not really sure if the "bugged" portion some people talk about is the fact that the staff doesn't start off with any bonus initial range (Based on Power Range). The only thing that affects the initial range of the staff are the mods Reach and Primed Reach.

Edited by Mozileon

You are absolutely sure of this? Players have been saying that here, but as I and others have demonstrated, the effects of the melee range bonus from the combo counter are not purely visual—the hitbox does extend.

Intresting, I had tested this several times and it hadn't been actually growing, but now it sems that it is?

Actually After more testing, It doesn't seem to work when i go into an Actual mission, It only works correctly when i test it in the VR room

Actually After more testing, It doesn't seem to work when i go into an Actual mission, It only works correctly when i test it in the VR room

Strange. It's working for me in all missions, except the Simulcalrcaumcarum because I don't have that unlocked yet.

Strange. It's working for me in all missions, except the Simulcalrcaumcarum because I don't have that unlocked yet.

Are you hosting the missions?

I'm testing in my friends room and he is the host. I'm wondering if this is a server/client side issue

Are you hosting the missions?

I'm testing in my friends room and he is the host. I'm wondering if this is a server/client side issue

I've tried it in missions hosted by others as well. It's working fine on my end... I joined an ODD and someone was like "that staff could be bigger" and I said "Yeah... I know ):" after it had already grown to hit mobs 5m away...

Edited by Mozileon

I was confused too, but Power Range does affect Primal Fury in that it effects the range increase on Primal's Fury staff. For example, 1 hit with low Power Range may increase the staff's size by 10%. 1 hit with higher Power Range may increase the staff's size by about 40%. I think that part is working as intended, but Rebecca and some are talking about something not working as intended. To my understanding (What I'm gathering from reading all these posts), Primal Fury is also supposed to gain an initial range boost just for having Power Range on.

It's clear that Power Range affects the range increase that you get from increasing the melee combo counter. To be honest, I'm not really sure if the "bugged" portion some people talk about is the fact that the staff doesn't start off with any bonus initial range (Based on Power Range). The only thing that affects the initial range of the staff are the mods Reach and Primed Reach.

The other thing that seems a little odd

Staff "is supposed to grow in size and damage" with each hit.

-I get the size part being okay with what has been tested with a 200% melee Range growth cap

& Reach/Primed Reach being the only way to grow the initial Staff size

However: it seems Primal Fury only gets the normal damage bonus from regular melee combo multiplier

Then I see this in PC update:

Wukong’s Iron Jab will now increase the melee combo counter on hit.

WuKong's Iron Jab does not currently scale with melee hit counter (Would be awesome if it did)

Primal Fury should if going to have a melee Range smaller than so e Regular melee weapons should have an extra .5 combo multiplier for same hit tier.

(Example 1st 6 hits normally generate 1.5x combo Multiplier how about on Primal Fury it is 2.0x ....basically making it 1 combo tier lower for damage multiplier.)

Considering the higher energy-drain per second of the ability compared to Exalted Blade and Hysteria where those Melee Ultimates add more than just a unique melee Weapon:

Exalted Blade has Slide-Blind, Auto-Parry, and Wave Blade in addition to high Base damage sword

Hysteria has Knockdwon Immunity, Status Immunity, innate 5% Life-steal, and *cough*Invincibility*cough* (Plus is Red-crit capable, although that seems fair given the short reach of Claws)

Primal Fury gives us non-melee attack speed friendly Stance combos...

It is not 100% Status capable

Although it would be a nice twist to have Melee hit counter increase Status chance

-That would make it Unique and not necessarily a straight damage upgrade like .5 multiplier addition to combo-count

If Primal Fury had the combo multiplier effecting not only damage but also Status chance that would be something Unique and worthy of an ultimate melee that has less reach than Mios+Primed Reach.

1.5 Status chance multiplier, then 2.0 Status chance multiplier, and so on....

How does the energy drain actually work? Primal Fury has 0.75 energy per second drain, but with 2 Energy Syphons in the game i'm still lossing like 1 per sec....or something like that ....huh?

While you have an energy drain ability active, you DO NOT gain energy from:

1. Energy Siphon

2. EV Trinity

3. Energy pads

The other thing that seems a little odd

Staff "is supposed to grow in size and damage" with each hit.

-I get the size part being okay with what has been tested with a 200% melee Range growth cap

& Reach/Primed Reach being the only way to grow the initial Staff size

However: it seems Primal Fury only gets the normal damage bonus from regular melee combo multiplier

Then I see this in PC update:

Wukong’s Iron Jab will now increase the melee combo counter on hit.

WuKong's Iron Jab does not currently scale with melee hit counter (Would be awesome if it did)

Primal Fury should if going to have a melee Range smaller than so e Regular melee weapons should have an extra .5 combo multiplier for same hit tier.

(Example 1st 6 hits normally generate 1.5x combo Multiplier how about on Primal Fury it is 2.0x ....basically making it 1 combo tier lower for damage multiplier.)

Considering the higher energy-drain per second of the ability compared to Exalted Blade and Hysteria where those Melee Ultimates add more than just a unique melee Weapon:

Exalted Blade has Slide-Blind, Auto-Parry, and Wave Blade in addition to high Base damage sword

Hysteria has Knockdwon Immunity, Status Immunity, innate 5% Life-steal, and *cough*Invincibility*cough* (Plus is Red-crit capable, although that seems fair given the short reach of Claws)

Primal Fury gives us non-melee attack speed friendly Stance combos...

It is not 100% Status capable

Although it would be a nice twist to have Melee hit counter increase Status chance

-That would make it Unique and not necessarily a straight damage upgrade like .5 multiplier addition to combo-count

If Primal Fury had the combo multiplier effecting not only damage but also Status chance that would be something Unique and worthy of an ultimate melee that has less reach than Mios+Primed Reach.

1.5 Status chance multiplier, then 2.0 Status chance multiplier, and so on....

You know, that's a good point. I never paid much attention to the damage, but then again it would be hard for me to calculate if it did have some kind of hidden melee multiplier. My melee doesn't change for Wukong, but I don't have the Simulacaruaclarmucam so I can't accurately test the damage differences. 

Do you know if the damage is supposed to increase per melee combo counter just like the staff's length or if it's supposed to have its own kind of melee combo counter?

i dont think its something to be fixed though, cause let's admit, that looks ridiculous, and not in a good way at that, also before when you build up your melee counter, not only does it get longer, it also gets thicker, so maybe it was intentionally changed to not do those things anymore

According to Chinese' myth. Wukong can extend his staff as small as a piece of dust and always store it in his ears, or as long as it even reaches heaven. So it'd only makes sense to buff Wukong's range, because his 4th is underpowered as hell too. It doesn't have the damage reduction like Excal's EB, or EB's slash waves that extend to even longer range.

do you guys even w00t k0ng?

He literally has the strongest melee in game right now, its plain to see WHY it CAN'T be like the GIF's. If it were to be that strong, it literally would be on top of DE's chopping block. I absolutely love him the way he is and not having to mod for range, and he is after a melee oriented frame so whats wrong with having to get up close and personal to deal an INSANE amount of damage.

Thx DE for releasing an end game viable melee frame and not gimping it to hell

do you guys even w00t k0ng?

He literally has the strongest melee in game right now, its plain to see WHY it CAN'T be like the GIF's. If it were to be that strong, it literally would be on top of DE's chopping block. I absolutely love him the way he is and not having to mod for range, and he is after a melee oriented frame so whats wrong with having to get up close and personal to deal an INSANE amount of damage.

Thx DE for releasing an end game viable melee frame and not gimping it to hell

Umm... Excalibur can already deal an INSANE amount of damage, even at long range.