Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Primal Fury Is Broken. Power Range Not Working

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

he hasnt been nerfed on china yet.... because to get that range you lose alot of other stats and need to get the combo meter up to get back the lost damage

as he stands he is a quick thinking frame and that is it for us on the international build he is absolutely a waste of farming as he stands unless you want to play him like a worse valkyr

After playing with him and Nezha, I find that Nezha has better survivability, melee, and even better than him on close range combat as well.

The only thing I can do with Wukong in most sortie is to use his 3 cloudwalk to run away, because his others abilities and 4 are so weak. Wukong shouldn't be used this way, at all. Even his 2 defy - that people wrongly dubbed as immortality, which not really... becauseTrinity's 4, which I prefer more, can do a lot better and heals the whole team. And Loki's 2 - invisibility can help Loki to very effectively engage enemies headon. I'm not sure about Wukong in China, but Wukong, with us international, at the moment is just lacking so much even comparing to his somewhat equivalent counterpart, Nezha.

After playing with him and Nezha, I find that Nezha has better survivability, melee, and even better than him on close range combat as well.

The only thing I can do with Wukong in most sortie is to use his 3 cloudwalk to run away, because his others abilities and 4 are so weak. Wukong shouldn't be used this way, at all. Even his 2 defy - that people wrongly dubbed as immortality, which not really... becauseTrinity's 4, which I prefer more, can do a lot better and heals the whole team. And Loki's 2 - invisibility can help Loki to very effectively engage enemies headon. I'm not sure about Wukong in China, but Wukong, with us international, at the moment is just lacking so much even comparing to his somewhat equivalent counterpart, Nezha.

+1 on this, because I feel the same way. I want so badly for Wukong to be this awesome melee-oriented frame, but his skills are far too ineffective in their current state (aside from Defy) to be of worthwhile use. Yet, you're gonna be bombarded by naysayers that say he's working as intended (if he's working as intended, I'm a horse's arse) you aren't using him right, or some other generalization concerning your skill.

Nehza has a lot less survivability than Wukong.

Go max duration and one stream line, have a Primed flow , Vitality and Rage. Boom. you now can't die (pretty much)

+1 on this, because I feel the same way. I want so badly for Wukong to be this awesome melee-oriented frame, but his skills are far too ineffective in their current state (aside from Defy) to be of worthwhile use. Yet, you're gonna be bombarded by naysayers that say he's working as intended (if he's working as intended, I'm a horse's arse) you aren't using him right, or some other generalization concerning your skill.

so people are naysayers because they have a differing point of view? It's hard to not make any generalizations against your skill when you make baseless statements just like that. Wu Kong is a master survivor with a skill set that will allow him to scale into late game fairly well compared to all the other melee frames currently available. I've see the China GIF's and would be disappointed if DE allowed for something like that in the global builds, cause quite frankly we all know we cant have nice things, everything that becomes over powered, overly cheesey, will get nerfed into oblivion to the point that same frame/weapon is no longer playable and viable anymore for certain content. I much prefer Wu Kong to stay at where he is at now, which is a solid, tanky, front lining, melee frame that has a strong as hell ultimate that scales into late game. Of all the melee frames currently available he is definitely my favorite, cause hes balanced, fun to play, keeps your skills in check, and demands more thought out of the player than just mindlessly spamming a few buttons. 

I feel the range on Primal Fury is backwards. It should start out at max range and reduce in size (to some degree, it should still be long) while gaining more damage (in addition to the combo multiplier). That way it's easy to start a combo, it's just harder (but more rewarding) to keep it going.

Go max duration and one stream line, have a Primed flow , Vitality and Rage. Boom. you now can't die (pretty much)

I find that Nezha's is as good or better than Ember... if you have modded Ember well (she could be quite unstoppable)!!

so people are naysayers because they have a differing point of view? It's hard to not make any generalizations against your skill when you make baseless statements just like that. Wu Kong is a master survivor with a skill set that will allow him to scale into late game fairly well compared to all the other melee frames currently available. I've see the China GIF's and would be disappointed if DE allowed for something like that in the global builds, cause quite frankly we all know we cant have nice things, everything that becomes over powered, overly cheesey, will get nerfed into oblivion to the point that same frame/weapon is no longer playable and viable anymore for certain content. I much prefer Wu Kong to stay at where he is at now, which is a solid, tanky, front lining, melee frame that has a strong as hell ultimate that scales into late game. Of all the melee frames currently available he is definitely my favorite, cause hes balanced, fun to play, keeps your skills in check, and demands more thought out of the player than just mindlessly spamming a few buttons. 

Kinda hard to play Wukong wrong since he has basically one effective build, and they involve Life Strike, Vitality, Rage and some duration/efficiency. He is almost no different from Excalibur:

- Press 4

- Press 2 (in Wukong's case)

- EEEEEEEEEEEE......

Such balance, much awesome! Wukong can turn into a cloud of smoke and Excalibur can blind. Ain't much difference between the two since they have panic buttons, have the same armor ans max power as each other. Only difference is Wukong's a little on the slow side when sprinting. Also, I'm not expecting DE to implement anything like China has, but there is little to no reason why Primal Fury should have to be outdone, reach-wise, by a maxed-range Orthos Prime. Why not save that energy for channeling attacks when Orthos is equipped if that's the case?

Edited by Kevlareater

^ I have not played Nezha yet, but I've found Wukong's survivability to be insane. In my opinion, Defy (with Life Strike for me) is such a reliable, late-game survivability option. 

Considering there is no such thing as real, permanent "immortality" in this game, I must disagree that Wukong can "[only] use his 3." If anything, similar to Valkyr's Hysteria, Defy when proc'd is probably one the closest things we have to immortality. I feel that a player who can micro-manage the balance between energy consumption and HP can effectively use a Life Strike mod in tandem with Primal Fury to keep Wukong alive indefinitely. With typical Power Duration (100%) you could probably proc defy about 3 times with an approximate, cumulative 12+ seconds of invincibility. Duration builds focused on Defy offer even more invincibility. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, I've seen a lot of posts about how Wukong's damage is not that great. I realize it's no Excalibur with crazy melee-Majora's-Mask-like-Deity-Link waves, but can someone tell me how 30k crits with 115% Power Strength on Lv80+ enemies is bad damage?

Edited by Mozileon

I really need him to have primal Fury be affected by range mods, its a shame that it doesn't work because from what I've read, the hitbox stays the same despite his range increase.

The hitbox changes.

Well, among those who tested it and myself, the hitbox changes.

Edited by Mozileon

he hasnt been nerfed on china yet.... because to get that range you lose alot of other stats and need to get the combo meter up to get back the lost damage

as he stands he is a quick thinking frame and that is it for us on the international build he is absolutely a waste of farming as he stands unless you want to play him like a worse valkyr

In that 1st .gif WuKong has like a 25+meter staff with No combo multiplier

Kinda hard to play Wukong wrong since he has basically one effective build, and they involve Life Strike, Vitality, Rage and some duration/efficiency. He is almost no different from Excalibur:

- Press 4

- Press 2 (in Wukong's case)

- EEEEEEEEEEEE......

Such balance, much awesome! Wukong can turn into a cloud of smoke and Excalibur can blind. Ain't much difference between the two since they have panic buttons, have the same armor ans max power as each other. Only difference is Wukong's a little on the slow side when sprinting. Also, I'm not expecting DE to implement anything like China has, but there is little to no reason why Primal Fury should have to be outdone, reach-wise, by a maxed-range Orthos Prime. Why not save that energy for channeling attacks when Orthos is equipped if that's the case?

First - I believe Primal Fury should get a status combo multiplier mechanic (Leave current damage and Crit numbers alone)

&

Base hitbox Range should be enlarged (Try Primal Fury in Conclave and see if the base damage is worthy of the higher energy-drain compared to Exalted Blade/Hysteria)

I don't agree with Life-Strike or Max Duration being necessities on WuKong- especially for Late-game High Level enemies.

Long Duration Invincibility via Defy Proc negates Rage and for me Arcane Avenger.

I also have ditched Life-Strike in favor of Equilibrium in my build.

Using Defy as more of a Heal than relying on the Invincibility.

Current WuKong Build:

12375111_10205880840000170_6840942270924

Really the mechanic of current 75% of energy maintained on Defy Proc means his health is not soo much a concern unless relying solely on Rage to keep powered.

-Since Defy & Primal Fury limit energy to Orbs and Rage (Void traps?) Equilibrium pairs well since Defy won't fully heal WuKong allowing both Health & Energy Orbs to be utilized to their fullest.

(More Health is More Energy which is more Health)*

WuKong could use some small tweaks:

Iron Jab - QoL tweak : if Iron Jab is going to add to Melee hit counter; it should also benefit from Melee hit combo counter

Primal Fury: Base Range increased, Add a Charge Attack (Exalted Blade & Hysteria have Charge attacks...)

Allow Melee combo hit counter to also work as Status chance multiplier on Primal Fury to give it another 'unique' mechanic to help diversify Ultimate Melee.(Exalted Blade Range, Hysteria Crit, WuKong Status)

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

---

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, I've seen a lot of posts about how Wukong's damage is not that great. I realize it's no Excalibur with crazy melee-Majora's-Mask-like-Deity-Link waves, but can someone tell me how 30k crits with 115% Power Strength on Lv80+ enemies is bad damage?

What is a crit chance for that, or how often between 1% - 100%?

And what weapon are you equipping him with, and along with the built above or another built?

Show us. And I'm more than happy to see you proving us all wrong!!

And what weapon are you equipping him with, and along with the built above or another built?

I'm not intent on proving anyone wrong, but rather, interested to see how a majority of the people who say Wukong is weak are building him.

Wukong - 

http://puu.sh/m4ns0/b1bebb4d52.jpg

Melee -

http://puu.sh/m4nvL/58632c492a.jpg

Damage with the above build -

http://puu.sh/m4nK9/caa5e6c4b3.jpg

http://puu.sh/m4nNU/b9b23c22a9.jpg

http://puu.sh/m4ooi/fc703d134b.jpg

*In my previous post, I was referring to slide attacks doing 30k crit, but while getting my combo counter up I happened on a 20k crit by just pressing Q (My melee attack hotkey).

**I'd also like to point out that in regards to Wukong's damage output, most players utilizing Primal Fury strive to maintain a higher combo counter (Of about 2x). For testing purposes, and because I'm lazy, I only got to around 1.5x melee damage increase (Because I just wanted screenshots). 

I'm testing on Grineer Frontier Lancers at Lv55 (I just got the Simulacrum - I'm still exploring how to get higher leveled mobs). The damage displayed in the pictures is relevant to the build pictures above. I used to run a critical chance build with True Steel, Berserker, Organ Shatter, Pressure Point, Elemental Mods, and I believe no Life Strike. I apologize for getting my builds a little mixed up. Nonetheless, I'm very content with Wukong's damage. I'm interested to see how others are building him.

Edit: I don't know the base stats, but it certainly feels like Primal Fury is at about a 10% critical chance. I usually replace Fury for Berserker at higher levels.

Edited by Mozileon

Cyclone Lightning Strike (Hold Combo)

Builds used in above video:

12308187_10205828723177282_3783894516251

12314649_10205828718817173_1504257402714

I have switched to this build:

12374906_10205938354197989_2448108987753

Damage has improved with 90% Elemental replacing Life-Strike and Power-Drift sorta swapped for Intensify.

I don't agree with Primal Fury getting a damage buff, however I would like to see Status Chance Multiplier mechanic based on Combo count. (Basically for Primal Staff - let Combo count multiplier apply to Damage and Status chance)

Exalted Blade used to have higher damage because of the readily available 400% Stealth Multiplier with Slide-Blind and Radial Blind.

Hysteria because of Crits was close to Exalted Blade.

Primal Fury was the lowest of the bunch.

After GU18- looking specifically at Naramon access

Hysteria is top damage because of Red Crits in addition to Shadow Step providing 400% Stealth multiplier along with a True Steel occupying where Life-Strike would be on a Melee Weapon build.

Primal Fury beats out Exalted Blade for damage, because same 400% Stealth modifier is now easily accessible with WuKong and I have a Damage mod occupying space where Life-Strike is for Exalted Blade build.

Excalibur did not benefit as much as Valkyr/WuKong with Shadow Step as the benefit overlaps his abilities providing the same Stealth multiplier.

Granted this might be considered melee Maximization, but I don't think it is an obscure way to build for Melee Ultimate Warframe.

Without Naramon:

Exalted Blade has high Damage & Range(assisted by Radial Blind)

Hysteria has High Crit damage and attack speed(Assisted by WarCry)

WuKong just has a small growth mechanic (as melee Weapon has a hard cap that is smaller than some no-ability melee weapons with Primed Reach) but has the same high 250 base Weapon damage but no significant Stance-Combo Multipliers

In this regard Primal Fury with a higher base energy-drain coat is a let down, especially when considering no built in survivability mechanic like Exalted Blade's Slide Blind CC and Auto-Parry Or Hysteria's built-in Life-Steal, Status Immunity, Knockdown Immunity, and damage immunity.

I think giving Primal Fury the mechanic of letting combo count multiplier affect Status chance of Primal Fury would most ideal.

Basically allowing Melee attacks to have multiple Status Procs per applied per hit.

4x combo multiplier being a 400% Status chance multiplier with a Base 25% Status (& no Status mods)is 100% Status. If a player had a status build with Dual-stat mods boosting Status to 85% that 4x combo multiplier would make it 340% Status which is 3 Status Procs with a chance of a 4th.

(Basically you would have a Slash Proc plus Elemental Proc on every Enemy when combo multiplier is inflated combined with Shadow Step Stealth multiplier that could have very satisfying results)

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

12308187_10205828723177282_3783894516251

12314649_10205828718817173_1504257402714

I have switched to this build:

12374906_10205938354197989_2448108987753

Damage has improved with 90% Elemental replacing Life-Strike and Power-Drift sorta swapped for Intensify.

I don't agree with Primal Fury getting a damage buff, however I would like to see Status Chance Multiplier mechanic based on Combo count. (Basically for Primal Staff - let Combo count multiplier apply to Damage and Status chance)

Exalted Blade used to have higher damage because of the readily available 400% Stealth Multiplier with Slide-Blind and Radial Blind.

Hysteria because of Crits was close to Exalted Blade.

Primal Fury was the lowest of the bunch.

After GU18- looking specifically at Naramon access

Hysteria is top damage because of Red Crits in addition to Shadow Step providing 400% Stealth multiplier along with a True Steel occupying where Life-Strike would be on a Melee Weapon build.

Primal Fury beats out Exalted Blade for damage, because same 400% Stealth modifier is now easily accessible with WuKong and I have a Damage mod occupying space where Life-Strike is for Exalted Blade build.

Excalibur did not benefit as much as Valkyr/WuKong with Shadow Step as the benefit overlaps his abilities providing the same Stealth multiplier.

Granted this might be considered melee Maximization, but I don't think it is an obscure way to build for Melee Ultimate Warframe.

Without Naramon:

Exalted Blade has high Damage & Range(assisted by Radial Blind)

Hysteria has High Crit damage and attack speed(Assisted by WarCry)

WuKong just has a small growth mechanic (as melee Weapon has a hard cap that is smaller than some no-ability melee weapons with Primed Reach) but has the same high 250 base Weapon damage but no significant Stance-Combo Multipliers

In this regard Primal Fury with a higher base energy-drain coat is a let down, especially when considering no built in survivability mechanic like Exalted Blade's Slide Blind CC and Auto-Parry Or Hysteria's built-in Life-Steal, Status Immunity, Knockdown Immunity, and damage immunity.

I think giving Primal Fury the mechanic of letting combo count multiplier affect Status chance of Primal Fury would most ideal.

Basically allowing Melee attacks to have multiple Status Procs per applied per hit.

4x combo multiplier being a 400% Status chance multiplier with a Base 25% Status (& no Status mods)is 100% Status. If a player had a status build with Dual-stat mods boosting Status to 85% that 4x combo multiplier would make it 340% Status which is 3 Status Procs with a chance of a 4th.

(Basically you would have a Slash Proc plus Elemental Proc on every Enemy when combo multiplier is inflated combined with Shadow Step Stealth multiplier that could have very satisfying results)

That 8 forma.

I'm not intent on proving anyone wrong, but rather, interested to see how a majority of the people who say Wukong is weak are building him.

Thank you both.

I'm taking notes on these and will try them out... not sure if I can do 8 forma though, a lot of sacrifice on flexibility... otherwise I have at least 6 forma on everything already.

That 8 forma.

I think only 6 or 7 would be needed from a fresh build.

I have 10 Forma in WuKong not including 2 used to craft Exilus Adapter, but I was experimenting and used the Double Affinity Weekend to speed up leveling process.

Thank you both.

I'm taking notes on these and will try them out... not sure if I can do 8 forma though, a lot of sacrifice on flexibility... otherwise I have at least 6 forma on everything already.

I think part of what makes WuKong seem so off-putting is the mod-gate and investment.

Like old Valkyr where Hysteria was sub-par to a well built WarCry melee build, but WarCry build had a higher investment cost.

I tried to leave enough capacity to swap Aura and play around with obscure builds.

Ultimately I decided no D Polarity would be best for me. (Although I am probably going to be rocking Primed Vigor after day 300...)

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Thank you both.

I think only 6 or 7 would be needed from a fresh build.

I have 10 Forma in WuKong not including 2 used to craft Exilus Adapter, but I was experimenting and used the Double Affinity Weekend to speed up leveling process.

Could also be a cheapo like me and put no forma in at all.

*Snicker*

Edited by Mozileon