Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Primal Fury Is Broken. Power Range Not Working

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

Did I play Valkyr?

I used Valkyr comparison as a Melee only Comparison

Defy and WarCry, both being 2nd abilities on Melee frames and abilities that promote Melee Survivability outside of God-Mode

If a Player is meleeing without Hysteria - it used to be common practice to use WarCry.(Back when Hysteria damage was worse than modded melee and before Valkyr had Passives)

Defy is similar in that it is like a modified Quick-thinking but without the associated 'Quick Thinking Stagger' and includes an Auto-heal plus small Invincibility window.

It is my bad for thinking Valkyr's kit and Wukong's kit were near closer to being comparable than Volt.

I thought the similarities were there:

Ripline/Iron Jab single Target damage with mobility/Short-range Rag-doll - I must be grabbing at straws.

Defy and WarCry - well nothing in comparison

Cloud Walker and Paralysis - AoE melee Finisher setup must just be a coincidence.

Hysteria/Primal Jab - well on PS4 they seem to have similar attack ranges, but that Primal Jab is broken so I compared bugged melee Range.

I was wrong.

Hmm... Congrat on Valkyr!!

That aside, I think you're overworking it. Wukong fourth ability basically at the moment, is like unmodded version of a close range excal's EB, without shooting energy, and range mods, on both melee and frame, not affecting. Actually, I'm not sure if PS4 and PC Wukong's are alike. We maybe discuss over a different built.   

And even if it is overpowering, you gotta work to build it up as well, not like exalted blade which can kill huge swathes of enemies on parts of the map no one has even nearly approached yet. Is it ridiculous? Of course, but it IS wukong, known in legend for being a bit ridiculous. And you can't deny that power like that wouldn't feel fun, especially knowing you earned massive range, it's not just given to you immediately upon activating the ability.

It's not even that. It's just the range mods are not even working. Sounds like you have a different Wukong built there. Does it work for you in PS4? Definitely, not working with PC's.

I think it's true or the range multiplier isn't working. I don't see the range going anywhere as I destroy enemies.

I got a combo of around 50 or so hits, and I definitely noticed an increase in range.  However, it was nothing compared to the boost shown in the OP, and that was after a minute or so specifically fighting infested.  The range increase effect is all but useless against corpus and grineer, as they stay too far apart to get a real combo going.

I think it's true or the range multiplier isn't working. I don't see the range going anywhere as I destroy enemies.

I got a combo of around 50 or so hits, and I definitely noticed an increase in range.  However, it was nothing compared to the boost shown in the OP, and that was after a minute or so specifically fighting infested.  The range increase effect is all but useless against corpus and grineer, as they stay too far apart to get a real combo going.

Yeah. What in video is supposed to be his power when it works, though still weaker than Excal's. That's fine. But in this case, beside showing enlargement of the staff, it doesn't even work with range. 

Hmm... Congrat on Valkyr!!

That aside, I think you're overworking it. Wukong fourth ability basically at the moment, is like unmodded version of a close range excal's EB, without shooting energy, and range mods, on both melee and frame, not affecting. Actually, I'm not sure if PS4 and PC Wukong's are alike. We maybe discuss over a different built.   

It's not even that. It's just the range mods are not even working. Sounds like you have a different Wukong built there. Does it work for you in PS4? Definitely, not working with PC's.

Ps4, and I "think" range mods are working for me, nowhere near anything remotely resembling that stuff from China.

With a bit of testing, I've come across a couple of potential bits of information, though a lack of certain resources does limit me as a voice of knowledge, lacking a primed reach or the simulacrum, so if someone reading this can do more extensive, more intelligent testing, please please please do so.

My tests were fairly simple, just to see how the staff evolved and at what numbers it became apparent.

No reach/stretch: staff grows quickly and visibly for every single kill, though the highest I could attain before missing an attack was a ten combo. Grew what I would consider another half's worth on length.

Only reach: started significantly longer but seems to grow at a much slower rate, only really being visible at around 6, so I dunno.

What I did notice was, at least on my game, stretch has no visible effect in the slightest... So yeah, I think it's fair to say something is bugged.

Sorry for my admittedly pathetic research, but I hope it can still be slightly informative to someone. Anyone with better resources, I would love to see a follow up.

It was fixed so it wouldn't be the next draco god or an over powering frame.  You could honestly see why they changed it here. They will obviously not let us get that far out.

It's clear that they do not want another warframe being handled by people who want to do everything quickly and also ruining other peoples fun. 

It's to over powered. If you want over powered stay on excalibur or Ember. Have fun tho

It was fixed so it wouldn't be the next draco god or an over powering frame.  You could honestly see why they changed it here. They will obviously not let us get that far out.

It's clear that they do not want another warframe being handled by people who want to do everything quickly and also ruining other peoples fun. 

It's to over powered. If you want over powered stay on excalibur or Ember. Have fun tho

A bug is a bug. Reasoning it with your personal agenda won't make it a bug... less. Lol.

Edited by ndantony

Strength mods don't seem to work either. I have tried & reduced strength with those corrupted mods and it still remains at full strength.

Ouch. So then is efficiency/duration the only thing that's working on it? That's jsut...bad. And it's a shame cause I still love the frame. Been playing him all the time since release.

Edited by rawr1254

Ouch. So then is efficiency/duration the only thing that's working on it? That's jsut...bad. And it's a shame cause I still love the frame. Been playing him all the time since release.

Yeah, just need a fix for these bugs. His power with range, as properly shown in video, is exactly what he did too in lore when he went rage/berserk.

BTW, put those targis prime armors on him. He looks awesome. 

Opinions of it's strength are not relevant to a discussion concerning it being literally, mechanically, broken. I posted a similar thread last night, my conclusions were the same. Range mods on frame and weapon, in any combination, resulted in no change, and the ability currently has less range than many/most regular melee weapons with Reach. Max Narrowminded with no Reach, Max OE + Stretch + Prime Reach made no noticeable difference, nor did running the combo counter up with either of those combinations.

Opinions of it's strength are not relevant to a discussion concerning it being literally, mechanically, broken. I posted a similar thread last night, my conclusions were the same. Range mods on frame and weapon, in any combination, resulted in no change, and the ability currently has less range than many/most regular melee weapons with Reach. Max Narrowminded with no Reach, Max OE + Stretch + Prime Reach made no noticeable difference, nor did running the combo counter up with either of those combinations.

I had the same experience.  Nothing extends the ability range at this time.

Still a fun frame, but as with many new ones needs to have some kinks worked out.  I like wukong more than atlas, but not as much as my beloved valkyr.  Two new and well done melee frames.

Not being affected by range mods isn't the only problem. When channeling the channeling lines that are placed at the end of the hitboxes are by far not at the end of the staff...

I don't know if that's only me, but if not making Primal Fury affected by stretch and overextended wouldn't help.

Not being affected by range mods isn't the only problem. When channeling the channeling lines that are placed at the end of the hitboxes are by far not at the end of the staff...

I don't know if that's only me, but if not making Primal Fury affected by stretch and overextended wouldn't help.

Definitely not just you. This is the whole reason some people think it works, the staff visually gets a tiny bit longer but the hitbox stays at 4m or w/e it's normally at as far as I can tell.

Is there some sort of bug with energy syphon and Defy/Primal Fury. I have defy at 1.25 energy per second, which seems to be as low as I can get it, and Primal Fury at .75 per second as low as I can get it. When I equip energy syphon (maxed) they seem to drain out of energy just a little faster, than they do when I don't equip it. On other drain over time frames I notice that energy syphon works on them still. Is this some sort of new mechanic that causes energy syphon to work in reverse for wukong, or is there some bug or nerf happening here. There is no information in the Build notes, and the Build notes still list Atlas as the last warframe, so it's not showing anything about Wukong, or the changes that may have occurred to it. I looked it up on the wiki and couldn't find anything about it, and I looked in forums, but I only find rude ignorant trolls hassling people for asking questions about bugs, so I haven't posted a question till now. Only reason I'm posting here is because this is the first thread where the banter didn't get so nasty as to start using deroagatory hate speach at one another, and not filled with bitter hostile aholes who live to troll and bother others for asking about bugs or changes. If anyone has any information about what's happening with Energy Syphon here, I'd appreciate it. I'm going to use Steel charge for now until I learn more.

Is there some sort of bug with energy syphon and Defy/Primal Fury. I have defy at 1.25 energy per second, which seems to be as low as I can get it, and Primal Fury at .75 per second as low as I can get it. When I equip energy syphon (maxed) they seem to drain out of energy just a little faster, than they do when I don't equip it. On other drain over time frames I notice that energy syphon works on them still. Is this some sort of new mechanic that causes energy syphon to work in reverse for wukong, or is there some bug or nerf happening here. There is no information in the Build notes, and the Build notes still list Atlas as the last warframe, so it's not showing anything about Wukong, or the changes that may have occurred to it. I looked it up on the wiki and couldn't find anything about it, and I looked in forums, but I only find rude ignorant trolls hassling people for asking questions about bugs, so I haven't posted a question till now. Only reason I'm posting here is because this is the first thread where the banter didn't get so nasty as to start using deroagatory hate speach at one another, and not filled with bitter hostile aholes who live to troll and bother others for asking about bugs or changes. If anyone has any information about what's happening with Energy Syphon here, I'd appreciate it. I'm going to use Steel charge for now until I learn more.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was another bug for him...I dont plan on putting a - polarity for him but I mean if it did make it drain more why wouldn't I notice it when other teammates have ES on ya know? Idk I'll keep a lookout though.