Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Primal Fury Is Broken. Power Range Not Working

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

So Dash in Cloud Walker (I assume you mean the roll and/or Sprint mods) is not working.

-Or do you mean there is no longer the short sprint boost in Cloud Walker?

But Iron Jab and Primal Fury are still functioning the same as Worldwide launch and not the Super China-Range?

Yea that quick boost you get in cloudwalker tapping sprint doesnt work. And yea the range still seems to be broken.

Is there some sort of bug with energy syphon and Defy/Primal Fury. I have defy at 1.25 energy per second, which seems to be as low as I can get it, and Primal Fury at .75 per second as low as I can get it. When I equip energy syphon (maxed) they seem to drain out of energy just a little faster, than they do when I don't equip it. On other drain over time frames I notice that energy syphon works on them still. Is this some sort of new mechanic that causes energy syphon to work in reverse for wukong, or is there some bug or nerf happening here. There is no information in the Build notes, and the Build notes still list Atlas as the last warframe, so it's not showing anything about Wukong, or the changes that may have occurred to it. I looked it up on the wiki and couldn't find anything about it, and I looked in forums, but I only find rude ignorant trolls hassling people for asking questions about bugs, so I haven't posted a question till now. Only reason I'm posting here is because this is the first thread where the banter didn't get so nasty as to start using deroagatory hate speach at one another, and not filled with bitter hostile aholes who live to troll and bother others for asking about bugs or changes. If anyone has any information about what's happening with Energy Syphon here, I'd appreciate it. I'm going to use Steel charge for now until I learn more.

For defy after the first time it revives you it costs energy to revive so every time you die and it boosts your health you lose a chunk of energy. I got my drain to 1.25 as well and realized that part of the reason i was losing so much energy was because I was jumping into crowds swinging at them like I was valkyr. Also the energy drain became very noticeable when I stuck on 21,000 blast damage angstrum and realized i still died far more quickly. Once I took it off, made slight changes to my build, and controlled my self destructive playstyle it became a lot easier to use.

Edited by (PS4)gatehacker00

Ok...again you don't know how the frame you're playing as works. The range DOES increase with melee multiplier. This is a fact. And it has been visually proven.

Currently he is not even at his highest possible damage because strength mods dont work on him either. You could put on max strength and still hit the same damage with Primal Fury. The only thing affecting damage right now is the melee mods you choose to use.

He is currently immortal yes, but again this is bugged. Defy is supposed to decrease your energy pool by 75% but it doesn't. So again, bug.

---------------

Please don't make assumptions without learning the truth, and if you DO make assumptions, don't rage when someone tells you that you're wrong. Instead listen to the other person, test it yourself, and figure out that they were right and you weren't.

Defy does decrease your energy, however it only starts doing that after the first time it heals.

This has been on our radar for a while, and investigations have taken place. Unfortunately I'm going to need to ask for a 'Wukong expert' to volunteer some time with me to really get to the objective root of the problem that's being reported, because it's not adding up to what we are seeing under the hood. Reply to this if you're interested.

This has been on our radar for a while, and investigations have taken place. Unfortunately I'm going to need to ask for a 'Wukong expert' to volunteer some time with me to really get to the objective root of the problem that's being reported, because it's not adding up to what we are seeing under the hood. Reply to this if you're interested.

I'm game. 

I'm also down for it.

I've been really vocal about Wukong. I've been waiting everyday for this fix. I'll help anywhere you guys need. 

I can help too. I will be around for another hour or two until i sleep though. PM me in game if you need me!

EDIT: Internet is being slow tonight and there's a new bug introduced last hotfix that is breaking the game.

I think i'll head off for the night, but good luck!

Edited by XxCurtennoxX

Im online most of the day and willing to help :D already have you added in game. 

Wukong expert?

Why not ask me, The Monkey himself.

Not an expert per se, but I have Wukong and am working on him.  I can help if needed.

I just acquired Wukong, but I won't be able to do any extensive testing until the weekend. However, it looks like you have plenty of volunteers.

For those of us who want to test Primal Fury, I would like to ask what exactly is intended regarding its interaction with power range and melee range mods. Knowing Primal Fury's intended behavior will help us identify the issue as we'll know what's expected. Thanks.

I just acquired Wukong, but I won't be able to do any extensive testing until the weekend. However, it looks like you have plenty of volunteers.

For those of us who want to test Primal Fury, I would like to ask what exactly is intended regarding its interaction with power range and melee range mods. Knowing Primal Fury's intended behavior will help us identify the issue as we'll know what's expected. Thanks.

So from what I believe I understand, PF is supposed to increase its range according to the melee multiplier. Each hit should increase the range with hits idk if there's a cap or not because it hasn't worked yet to test if it does. But as of his release it hasnt done that. Reach mods I believe are supposed to just be there to help start the range higher than 0%. I also believe it's supposed to go higher than 165%(P Reach) but it also doesnt do that either.

Also right now ranged mods are all visual right now. It doesnt increase the range which was proven when any melee has a further reach than PF

Edited by rawr1254

Ok so I did some tests. This is the conclusion I came up away with: Wukong's range is ONLY effected by melee range mods. This is the Wukong build I used:

2015-12-09_00003_zpscmovpckx.jpg

The thing that gave it away was the look of the staff:

2015-12-09_00001_zpsrkozr21h.jpg

2015-12-09_00002_zpsltjyhyk1.jpg

Both this pictures are with the dragon nikana equiped. One has a maxed primed reach and the other one does not. Its really easy to tell which one has the max primed reach and which one does not. I tested it by attacking a level 100 Ancient to see how close I have to get to deal damage to it. More tests are needed but it looks like wukong only takes into consideration melee range mods.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

From my test i get that:

-max increasing of range of Wukong Primal Fury staff is 200%

-hitboxes can go up only to weapon max range + reach (or Primal Reach)

-stretch and overextended only increasing visual lenght of staff, not hitboxes

-hitboxes cannot reach more than 165% (Primed Reach maxed stats)

My conclusion is that only weapon reach mods affecting Primal Fury, range from warframe mods don't extend staff hitboxes on any circumstances. Maybe its a problem.

So from what I believe I understand, PF is supposed to increase its range according to the melee multiplier. Each hit should increase the range with hits idk if there's a cap or not because it hasn't worked yet to test if it does. But as of his release it hasnt done that. Reach mods I believe are supposed to just be there to help start the range higher than 0%. I also believe it's supposed to go higher than 165%(P Reach) but it also doesnt do that either.

Also right now ranged mods are all visual right now. It doesnt increase the range which was proven when any melee has a further reach than PF

I appreciate the explanation, and that more or less agrees with my assumption, but I was actually curious about an official response (unless of course that is what you and Rebecca have discussed).

We have been told that our explanation of the issue does not add up according to what DE is observing under the hood. Knowing exactly how Primal Fury is supposed to interact with power range and melee range mods would be beneficial for all of us in reaching a consensus.

I've been testing this frame out for a while and can help in whatever you guys need to know

So, wait, mods like Overextended and Reach don't work? Are they supposed to?

... wiki says yes, and so does everyone upthread. Except they're not?

I'll watch, for potential patch notes.

Those were some completely ridiculous attack ranges in the OP. Those gifs were insane.

So, wait, mods like Overextended and Reach don't work? Are they supposed to?

... wiki says yes, and so does everyone upthread. Except they're not?

I'll watch, for potential patch notes.

Those were some completely ridiculous attack ranges in the OP. Those gifs were insane.

Yes, You can have negative power range % and the staff will still be as long as your Modded melee weapons range

I believe range is supposed to effect the size growth of the staff and how much it grows per hit, however its not working correct