Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc: Second Dream Teaser/hype Megathread [Spoilers]

[DE]Megan

What? Where are you getting vitriol from this thread?

He's said this/similar to this in other threads to posts that it made no sense to respond that way too. 

I think he's doing some kind of joke thing or something, but I'm not entirely sure what the joke IS. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

But it can't happen because many of them are too hyped and would probably explode if they had to wait in bed staring at they ceiling when they were this close.

They won't be resting after its deployed either.

They're sacrificing sleep with the consideration to tell us to go to sleep so they can bring us some major goodies...Now go to sleep and wake up like its Warframe Christmas!

Kid, where I live and work, overtime is considered normal if you have to get the job done. It is so expected of employees to work overtime that they cease to even mention this in interviews. No one even looks at the "official" ending hours any more when signing employment contracts.

Yes I understand that Canada has a very different attitude and approach to work but do not expect me to be sympathetic to their cause. If anything, I expected them to still be working right now fixing their game because that's what I would expect myself (and my colleagues) to be doing (here in Asia). That this also happens every major update is not a show of their dedication but rather a display of their lack of "professionalism" and "competency".  The huge amount of patches and fixes post upgrades is further testament to that.

So while I will not "bash" the developers, know that instead of praising their dedication (why don't you praise most of Asia instead?), you should be questioning their competency.

Edit: to the mods, if you view this as "developer bashing", go right ahead and issue me a warning. You can ban/remove all who speaks about issues you clearly take offense to. But know this, what I wrote is the truth and deep down, you guys (yes I'm referring to the DE mod who keeps issuing all my accounts warnings) know that as salty and brash as I come across, I speak the truth.

Edited by InfinitySinX

Kid, where I live and work, overtime is considered normal if you have to get the job done. It is so expected of employees to work overtime that they cease to even mention this in interviews. No one even looks at the "official" ending hours any more when signing employment contracts.

Yes I understand that Canada has a very different attitude and approach to work but do not expect me to be sympathetic to their cause. If anything, I expected them to still be working right now fixing their game because that's what I would expect myself (and my colleagues) to be doing (here in Asia). That this also happens every major update is not a show of their dedication but rather a display of their lack of "professionalism" and "competency". The huge amount of patches and fixes post upgrades is further testament to that.

So while I will not "bash" the developers, know that instead of praising their dedication (why don't you praise most of Asia instead?), you should be questioning their competency.

Edit: to the mods, if you view this as "developer bashing", go right ahead and issue me a warning. You can ban/remove all who speaks about issues you clearly take offense to. But know this, what I wrote is the truth and deep down, you guys (yes I'm referring to the DE mod who keeps issuing all my accounts warnings) know that as salty and brash as I come across, I speak the truth.

Um, no. I do not agree at all. You do overtime, Asia does overtime, great, good for you, do we care? No. We praise DE because we like DE and all the work they put into providing content for us. We praise DE not for doing overtime, but for doing overtime for us. They put the extra effort in to provide us with content as fast as the fickle nature of programming lets them, when they could very easily have just packed their bags and gone home to rest and sinply push the update back a few days, but they don't. For us, and we thank them for it.

Hell I'd praise a pizza place if they put the extra effort in to get my meat lovers to me faster and better than usual, but why should a I praise a company that I don't even know and has never done anything for me just because they do overtime?

And before you talk about "professionalism" and "competency" know that programming is a force of nature that's about as controllable as a damn volcano. Bugs bash their brains in and unseen glitched glare them in the face. DE tries their best but you can predict the nature of programming as much as the weather. You may be able to guess, but rarely are they ever certain. Then why do they give dates at all? Because the community asks for it, they want to know when the next major update comes and DE gives them the best they can.

As for all the patching post release you should be aware that bugs are sneaky ninja Hydras mutating like they were just exposed to a twelve megaton nuke. Squash one bug two more appear at completely unrelated places. With all the different things in this gane all interecting wih each other it would be impossible for DE to find every single glitch and exploit in their game before launch (especially since the game can gain new glaring bugs out of nowhere by simply patching it after testing for bugs). Finding the bugs is what we are for, as no why DE would be able to patch them without us.

Being an overtime workhorse(typically unaccompanied with proper overtime pay, as your comment about contracts and irrelevancy of hours, appears to indicate for your own position.) is arguably exploitative, habitually life draining, and overall a bad work practice that is becoming too much of a trend, not anything to be proud of being the norm. I also do consistent overtime, but I don't feel jealousy at another outfit that doesn't necessarily have to be as strict, I work toward similar relief. One should want a fairer, non sweatshop work environment. This is also an entertainment product, not some obligatory infrastructure, cold assembly line outlook kills presentation, general artistic spark and the goal of fun to be had from the product, in the crib.

A day delay is a small pittance.

Edited by UrielColtan

updated pilote ? 

-check 

recording sotfware ready to use ? 

-check 

pimped excal prime waiting for the world to go boom micheal bay style ? 

-CHECK 

jimmies ready to be rustled ? 

-check 

Ready for u18 ? 

MY BODY IS READY HIT ME WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT DE YOU BETTER BLOW MY SOCKS OFF STEAL MY LIFE AWAY