Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Devstream #64!

[DE]Megan

Can someone explain the relevance for the name Ivara? Usually the names of frames relate to their theme in some kind of way but I don't know what this one is referencing :)

Edit: Found a thread finally, got it!

Edited by Star

Thank you so, so SO much for the little 'Artemis Bow' mention. :) I don't know if that's the official name of her bow, but seriously, for a lot of reasons (you've probably seen when it came to names and stuff), that meant so much to me. I just about cried when I heard that! Seriously, thank you! ><

You know what would be nice. Gender sins for warframes. Why? I usually don't feel comfortable (and neither do my friends) playing with a female avatar/frame/character. And my favorite weapon in this game is the bow class. Because of that, I  want to get the archer frame but it puts me in an awkward position. If someone from the devs could make a male skin for the female warframes and a female skin (why not?) for some male warframes, that would be great!If someone on steam would make a skin like this I WILL GIVE YOU PLAT in-game for it, not to buy the skin. I WILL PAY YOU.

Just my thoughts of what would be cool visually.

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace Out.

are we really on 2015? post like this make me think that we havent advanced that far as a civilitation :(

Well, quite honestly, bashing him just makes you look like him. I disagree with him, but - seeing as it's 2015 - I'm going to afford him the courtesy of being able to hold his own opinion.

On topic. This Devstream was, in a word, epic. I am ridiculously stoked for Ivara. It's hard to imagine, but my dear Nova might actually be replaced as my favorite frame.

Off topic: Wow, 2015 is a year when hermaphrodites and "its" dominate the Earth and people are not allowed to feel uncomfortable about playing opposite gender character. If Tenno are beings of flesh and blood, we either have a crapton of characters in one Liset or whole gender-locked frame idea is a massive bullcrap and is plain lazy. Hey, transies, nobody is forcing you to choose your biological gender in game, don't force "cissies" to choose the opposite gender.

On topic: Too little info on Moon and enlarged orbiter.

Yes Rebecca I know you read forums so I have multiple questions.

This question for Sheve when will we be allowed more Kubrow prints the seemingly incredible need for more prints is without a doubt some thing to look into please.

This question is for Geoff you have the new Mios will you be able to apply the other end of the mios for grappling enemies and will have be allow to do side spins with next stance mods.

This question is for Scott can Volt and Loki abilities get efficiency change so that the actual duration built does not give range penalty and duration is more based on energy because Volt Speed N Loki Invisibility abilities have duration cap.

Or, you know, someone could just suggest the idea of being able to choose a gender skin of their liking without having specifically call out discomfort that has no impact on anyone else (except people who want to be offended) and without having to get into an "Us VS Them" argument complete with snide remarks, name-calling, and other generally crappy behaviour.

Crazy thought, I know.

Personally, I'm excited to see what changes are in store and looking forward to playing Ivara.

I do not know how the devs could ever address this appropriately in-game lore, the frames have their own personalities.  Valkyr was tortured and experimented upon by the corpus.  That specific frame has her own specific lore.  Making a male version of her just to be aethestically pleasing would feel very wrong to me.  Obviously, I simply wouldn't play the male version were it to ever happen.  Just saying there are clear reasons why this has not yet been done already.  I know DE goes out of their way not to offend anyone if they can help it, and they try to keep a balance of male/female frames.  I just don't see how they can do this and keep the lore intact.

Of course, candy cane scythe skins and pumpkin heads aren't exactly very thematic either, albeit holiday themed only.   So who knows?

There are plenty of games out there that have specifically designed characters from within the lore of the game (Lora croft for example, I'm sure there are more up to date examples I just can't recall any atm), where you play the main character which is female.  It would be pretty odd if they gave you a Lara croft male version (do they? I don't know).

Personally I look at playing each gender in a different way.  I'm male, I play a female character because they are pleasing to look at while I play.

I'm male, I play a male as an extension of myself, perceptually viewing them as "me" in the game.

It all depends on your point of view.  

I do not know how the devs could ever address this appropriately in-game lore, the frames have their own personalities.  Valkyr was tortured and experimented upon by the corpus.  That specific frame has her own specific lore.  Making a male version of her just to be aethestically pleasing would feel very wrong to me.  Obviously, I simply wouldn't play the male version were it to ever happen.  Just saying there are clear reasons why this has not yet been done already.  I know DE goes out of their way not to offend anyone if they can help it, and they try to keep a balance of male/female frames.  I just don't see how they can do this and keep the lore intact.

Of course, candy cane scythe skins and pumpkin heads aren't exactly very thematic either, albeit holiday themed only.   So who knows?

There are plenty of games out there that have specifically designed characters from within the lore of the game (Lora croft for example, I'm sure there are more up to date examples I just can't recall any atm), where you play the main character which is female.  It would be pretty odd if they gave you a Lara croft male version (do they? I don't know).

Personally I look at playing each gender in a different way.  I'm male, I play a female character because they are pleasing to look at while I play.

I'm male, I play a male as an extension of myself, perceptually viewing them as "me" in the game.

It all depends on your point of view.  

While I'm keeping this for "My character is an extension of myself in the game", I'm just very confused with all this stuff DE messed in frame lore. Are Tenno beings of flesh and blood? For me it seems so. Infested, exposed to Void, but of flesh and blood. Are we controlling a huge crowd of characters bearing the same name? How the empty shell we craft on our ship's foundry turns into a character of his/her own?

While being restricted to a single gender frames would be a big annoyance, all those lore inconsistencies are as much annoying. So different physique of all frames salts the wound.