The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Makes Warframe Good?

Sartactics

Well, After years from playing TERA, GW2 and Darksouls (followed by Bloodborne) a friend told me to play Destiny and I remained there for a year until I got *@##$slapped by their thirst of money, their rip off DLCs, non-existent support and disgusting salty playerbase.

Switching to Warframe made me slap myself and say "why the F*** was I avoiding this game for years now" because I tried the BETA and quit because Warframe was a mess back then xD. So what I find Warframe is good at?

-Action Combat and Flexible Gameplay (You are A. Freaking. NINJA! Who the hell complains about that!?)

-Actual Working Developers, DE streams WEEKLY and Respondes/communicates with the playerbase all the time unlike some certain other games

-Free customization options, even though you might need to buy skins from the market with Plats, it is not expensive like in some other games that scams you to do so.

-Almost Monthly expanding updates

-several playable characters and usable weapons

- totally freakin Free xD unlike Destiny that asks you to pay 20$ for each expansion they make or gtfo, Warframe doesn't ask you to pay S#&$, you can play as much as you want without spending anything (time? Of course.... like any freakin MMO) how the F*** did I turn a comment into an essay o.o

Edited by (PS4)ArnnFrost

the gameplay (especially the movement) and the art.

just stop for 30 seconds on any tileset, and look how detailed it is. not just the newer ones (uranus, europa, eris) but also the corpus gas city, which is ages old. yesterday i've found a new place on a gas city tile with excellent wiev if you climb to the top (takes about 2 mins)

edit: pic

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=564340787

Edited by Krumplifej

the gameplay (especially the movement) and the art.

just stop for 30 seconds on any tileset, and look how detailed it is. not just the newer ones (uranus, europa, eris) but also the corpus gas city, which is ages old. yesterday i've found a new place on a gas city tile with excellent wiev if you climb to the top (takes about 2 mins)

edit: pic

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=564340787

One word: Gorgeous

For me, it'd be the variety of playstyles based around a number of different frames. I like that the mod system can be utilized, making it rewarding to those who use it properly, and I like how smooth the gunplay is. I loved how warframe and destiny are far less floaty and more tact than other fps games. Destiny was stupid in every other aspect, so I really like Warfame. The only thing I dislike is the stealth system.

Story

Gameplay

*combat

*parkour

*Even archwing, ffs i can fly in space and blow up wannabe deathstars

Weapons.....there are like THIS much of weapons and all of them feel cool

Ash Prime [well obviously]

Other warframes

Devs.....streams and prime times are allways fun to watch.

And of course, most important thing - Valkyr bootea

[dont forget to equip dual secondaries and ember noble stance]

Edited by S0ulre4per

Probably because I don't feel tied down to it.  Or feel Like I need to do anything.  There are plenty of things I could be doing.  I'm only MR6 and I don't even have half the frames yet or weapons.  But I like how I can just hop on at any given time and run a few things.  I also really enjoy how I can pretty much have anything I want within a reasonable time.  and things I deem unreasonable (cough wukong cough) I could always by with plat from doing my random void runs.

My brother thinks it's awful simply because there is no real goals or end direction.  just the gameplay and grind.  And I like it for those exact reasons minus the grind.  It's part of the reason I tend to stay away from single player games.  Once i've beaten the story and even most of the side quests I've got not interest to play it again for a long time.

But with warframe There is so much for me to play around with that i'll never have everything.  And even if I do WF is a reg. updated game.  builds change and new content being added.  So I always have something to look forward to.  And I can always just play a few round with out feeling obligated to stick around as much.

DE may not always do things I enjoy.  But I enjoy their product.  and they always manage to give something out for everyone to enjoy.  They try to.  And I respect that.