Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 64 Overview

DE_Adam

I'm excited for the new additions, but really disappointed about the name chosen for the "archer" warframe. Ivara, really? They named a nimble-finger archer, after a species of snail?

Might as well have called her "Kate Bishop" (female version of Hawkeye), since the warframe's abilities remind me of her.

The name translates from Old Norse to "the bow of the warrior", which is quite apt for an archer warframe.

They specifically stated that they don't want to just release it all willy-nilly, but actually want to have a more significant meaning behind it over just "here's a new variation of the same frame, go farming!".

Which as far as I'm concerned, I'd much rather have these new variation of frames actually have meaning behind within its universe then just the equivalent of it being "official fanart".

It's just another variant of a frame. There doesn't need to be a lore, this frame was released to appease the Chinese audience. I'd rather just have them release it "willy nilly" because, again, it's just another variant of a frame. I doubt it has any story significance in the Chinese build, so I could not possibly care less about the potential lore for the global build. Yes, I'm impatient; yes, I'm salty. But truthfully, I'd rather they just release the damn frame already and focus on the "meaning" later.

It's been well over 130 days since this Umbra nonsense was leaked. Within these 130 days, we have received not a bit of solid information; instead of 'Here is-', 'This is how-', 'It will-', it has only been 'We plan on-', 'We want-', 'We don't want-'.  In my opinion, it'd probably be less of a toll of stress on DE if they released it now then worked on the lore behind it later. This way the players are satisfied with the nifty content they have received and are pleasantly surprised to receive a bonus; a well written and impressive backstory that wasn't rushed just for the sake of simultaneous release (no supposed deadlines, no rush).

I'm speaking irrationally due to my impatience and irritability. For that, I apologize. I have just had it with the miniscule information we've been fed and what seems to be a general lack of interest on DE's part regarding the global release of Umbra.

It's just another variant of a frame. There doesn't need to be a lore, this frame was released to appease the Chinese audience. I'd rather just have them release it "willy nilly" because, again, it's just another variant of a frame. I doubt it has any story significance in the Chinese build, so I could not possibly care less about the potential lore for the global build. Yes, I'm impatient; yes, I'm salty. But truthfully, I'd rather they just release the damn frame already and focus on the "meaning" later.

It's been well over 130 days since this Umbra nonsense was leaked. Within these 130 days, we have received not a bit of solid information; instead of 'Here is-', 'This is how-', 'It will-', it has only been 'We plan on-', 'We want-', 'We don't want-'.  In my opinion, it'd probably be less of a toll of stress on DE if they released it now then worked on the lore behind it later. This way the players are satisfied with the nifty content they have received and are pleasantly surprised to receive a bonus; a well written and impressive backstory that wasn't rushed just for the sake of simultaneous release (no supposed deadlines, no rush).

I'm speaking irrationally due to my impatience and irritability. For that, I apologize. I have just had it with the miniscule information we've been fed and what seems to be a general lack of interest on DE's part regarding the global release of Umbra.

At the end of the day, it's still gonna be "a new variation of the same frame." I'd rather they just release it "all willy-nilly" instead of them stalling and concocting some superficial meaning behind the Umbra "system."

The lore behind Umbras?...

It's my opinion (and I know that a few people share this) but the Umbra backstory would mean absolutely nothing if it's just a stat-wise difference of something we already got...

Umbralibur? Hmmmkay, people without Excalibur prime might see it as a good opportunity, but for the other frames? Some people are already selling their regular version of warframes once they get its prime counterparts & DE wants them to grind for the same tin-suit with the same skills?!...

I'm sorry, if that's the case they won't get in my arsenal! And I don't care if I won't rank up because of that...

I would agree if this frame came first but i want an aggressive fighting frame. After i watched the game play of this frame the first thing i thought was imagine your in a group with this frame, who is going to wait for all this set up to be done. the person that plays this frame is going to be so annoyed that he cant set up anything. I have this frame marked as a solo frame. since there's only 1 maybe 2 abilities your going to get off in large engagements. So again alot of utility put into a frame where players will ruin the play style bc they are going to person 1 button and nuke everything else down. 

This frame isn't made for you then... Us stealth players have sparks in our eyes & puke rainbows right now! :D (first time I'm hesitating on getting a warframe directly from the market!)

Just like I'm not a fan of Rhino, you can just level Ivara to 30 then leave her, while I'll be having a blast sneaking around with her!

Matter of taste...

I would agree if this frame came first but i want an aggressive fighting frame. After i watched the game play of this frame the first thing i thought was imagine your in a group with this frame, who is going to wait for all this set up to be done. the person that plays this frame is going to be so annoyed that he cant set up anything. I have this frame marked as a solo frame. since there's only 1 maybe 2 abilities your going to get off in large engagements. So again alot of utility put into a frame where players will ruin the play style bc they are going to person 1 button and nuke everything else down. 

I can see where you're coming from, but honestly, I almost always run with friends/solo anyway. This seems like it'll be fine with my group.

/!\ HUGE PSA /!\

"Sorties are incredibly difficult to play while eating a sandwich."

/!\ HUGE PSA /!\

Do not try this at home, kids! This is not an exercise, I repeat, not an exercise!!!

(Sidenote : Ivara is very promising, but she won't suffice to make Stealth in the entire game better... Stealth should be doable with any warframe, and stealth warframes can only make it easier. In other words : you'd still have to tweak AI & Infiltration gameplay)

Challenge Accepted !

Well there's an unconfirmed estimate for when Loki Prime is possibly going?

At 7:50 on the YouTube video, while I was looking for Orbiter peaks, on the right hand side you can see the news console. The only words you can distinguish are 'Loki', 'Ending' and 'Sep...' (Probably September). It also states 444 days. Considering September next year isn't 444 days away I take it's just a placeholder?

Either way, it looks like it may be rhino prime access/new prime leaving/coming in Q1/Q2 and then loki/2nd new prime leaving in Q3/Q4.

I don't know, just a theory. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by (PS4)colnelcas

not going to even sugar coat it, after Wukong, this new Frame looks terrible. Its a archer based frame. We really couldn't find decent bow and arrow based abilities with all the other games out there to gain inspiration from. Id be happy with just a energy based bow similar to Excal 4th ability.

Here il make one:

1st ability, Throw Arrow, Throws energy based arrows in a straight line in front of her, can damage up to 3 targets.

2nd Ability, Increased skills, Player can cling to walls, bullet jump for as long as the power is active, drains over time.

3rd ability, Lock on shot, Player charges and drag sights over enemies, the more enemies targets the more energy this move consumes. On release, Frame shoots energy arrows in extremely quick succession or altogether, that lock and fly to there targets.

4th ability, Energy bow. Activate your energy bow brings up a energy based bow, that shoots arrows that consume energy. Damage is further increased if player has equipped a bow. 50% crit chance is added, as well as 25% crit damage. This ability is toggled off and on. 

That wasn't hard at all. Seriously cut these useless utility abilities out gives us something that gives us something to play with. Or just simply enhances what we already have,

>these useless abilities

have you watch the latest Devstreams (Devstream 64) ? all of her skills are useful and fun enough to play with

Can we get some love for zephyr? I know she has a relatively small fan base, but we are determined! that and there is like at least one new topic on a zephyr rework per day so there is that.

I'm already putting together an entire thread later this week of dozens of bugs, be it small or significant, regarding Zephyr as a whole. Been recording for a few hours of videos so far, and just generally testing out any notable claims if they're still relevant via Update 17.12.1. Hopefully there won't be anything new that will gimp her more via Update 18.0.0 but we'll see how it goes.

For now I left a pretty lengthy Topic in the General Bugs subforum about how certain projectiles now go right through Turbulence, when projectiles are supposed to be deflected always.

There's still problems regarding hitscan not being properly affected (it will be provided in my future Topic), but now the fact for almost two months now of experiencing death after death because certain projectile weapons not being deflected when they always did prior (and should have always to begin with), I just hope they'll look into her in future hotfixes.

The fact that there are so little of us, even less so willing to actually sit down and address her problems and bugs, I might as well start something, and hopefully it'll spark more interest and discussion atleast with other passionate Zephyr players. It definitely feels like an uphill battle, but I'm sure things will pan out much better soon enough (: