Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 64 Overview

DE_Adam

The Second Dream has almost arrived on PC and that means plenty of new changes and features to talk about!  This Devstream Overview we focus some of the exciting changes to come, like the Archer Warframe Ivara, Sortie Missions, and a total overhaul of the Login Reward System.

Check out our full Overview of Devstream 64 here, and let us know what you're most excited for!

-DE_Adam

/!\ HUGE PSA /!\

"Sorties are incredibly difficult to play while eating a sandwich."

/!\ HUGE PSA /!\

Do not try this at home, kids! This is not an exercise, I repeat, not an exercise!!!

(Sidenote : Ivara is very promising, but she won't suffice to make Stealth in the entire game better... Stealth should be doable with any warframe, and stealth warframes can only make it easier. In other words : you'd still have to tweak AI & Infiltration gameplay)

Edited by unknow99

I'm excited for the new additions, but really disappointed about the name chosen for the "archer" warframe. Ivara, really? They named a nimble-finger archer, after a species of snail?

Might as well have called her "Kate Bishop" (female version of Hawkeye), since the warframe's abilities remind me of her.

Edited by Agent_Pookie

not going to even sugar coat it, after Wukong, this new Frame looks terrible. Its a archer based frame. We really couldn't find decent bow and arrow based abilities with all the other games out there to gain inspiration from. Id be happy with just a energy based bow similar to Excal 4th ability.

Here il make one:

1st ability, Throw Arrow, Throws energy based arrows in a straight line in front of her, can damage up to 3 targets.

2nd Ability, Increased skills, Player can cling to walls, bullet jump for as long as the power is active, drains over time.

3rd ability, Lock on shot, Player charges and drag sights over enemies, the more enemies targets the more energy this move consumes. On release, Frame shoots energy arrows in extremely quick succession or altogether, that lock and fly to there targets.

4th ability, Energy bow. Activate your energy bow brings up a energy based bow, that shoots arrows that consume energy. Damage is further increased if player has equipped a bow. 50% crit chance is added, as well as 25% crit damage. This ability is toggled off and on. 

That wasn't hard at all. Seriously cut these useless utility abilities out gives us something that gives us something to play with. Or just simply enhances what we already have,

Edited by Redscyte

So 15 tries to get the stuff you want from a list of 15 items. Good Luck. Praise RNGsus and sacrifice a noob. Hopefully the weapon parts will be tradeable.

^ Oh god. Only 15 tries. I'm going to get cores, and 10 Wraith Karak BP's. I just want a Dera Vandal. :(

But damn, all of this looks absolutly breath taking.

Hey- maybe they'll put something in so that you won't get repeats. It'd make sense, and reward you for beings killed and completing them daily.

1st ability, Throw Arrow, Throws energy based arrows in a straight line in front of her, can damage up to 3 targets.

2nd Ability, Increased skills, Player can cling to walls, bullet jump for as long as the power is active, drains over time.

3rd ability, Lock on shot, Player charges and drag sights over enemies, the more enemies targets the more energy this move consumes. On release, Frame shoots energy arrows in extremely quick succession or altogether, that lock and fly to there targets.

4th ability, Energy bow. Activate your energy bow brings up a energy based bow, that shoots arrows that consume energy. Damage is further increased if player has equipped a bow. 50% crit chance is added, as well as 25% crit damage. This ability is toggled off and on.

First ability. So exactly the same as shuriken or psychic bolts. Absolutely useless.

Second ability. Parkour... k- we can do this with mods, you know. This would be better as a passive...

Third ability. Uh... ok yeah this would have been much better than her aftertouch- imo. I'll give you points for this suggestion.

Fourth ability. Please... just... no. This is literally everything I did not want to happen for her. I'm already sad that she's getting a bow for her 4, but what you just suggested essentially forces anyone who wants to use her 4 effectively to use a bow for their primary. It also just makes another boring, normal bow that is more powerful- which isn't even necessary considering how strong bows are already. At least from what I could tell DE is making her bow shots interesting for her 4- and not just a normal, stronger bow that forces you to use a certain kind of weapon to make it effective- that should NEVER happen, btw. That's why they changed hysteria so that it takes melee mods into account instead of the weapon's stats.

not going to even sugar coat it, after Wukong, this new Frame looks terrible. Its a archer based frame. We really couldn't find decent bow and arrow based abilities with all the other games out there to gain inspiration from. Id be happy with just a energy based bow similar to Excal 4th ability.

Here il make one:

That wasn't hard at all. Seriously cut these useless utility abilities out gives us something that gives us something to play with. Or just simply enhances what we already have,

The only thing I like out of those ideas, is the 3rd one. 4th makes it so you kinda HAVE to have a bow. 2nd people would complain its crap, and #1 is Wukongs ability.

I usually don't like, or am against some of DE's decisions, but this time they've got a LOT of things right with this Frame. 

On a side note, whats her Passive?

I can't wait for Ivara, looks REALLY fun and skilful to play. can't wait to use tricks to stealth myself and team-mates. 

Ann the new relay looks amazing. Here's hoping all relays will look different one day. :D

And thanks again Reb and the Dev team for the kind words and using my account to test sorties! <3 

Edited by oceano4

5fbe3bd6aa2c407f14558d11e220e7ed.png

It would be quite the favor if you just said "No Umbra at all".

They specifically stated that they don't want to just release it all willy-nilly, but actually want to have a more significant meaning behind it over just "here's a new variation of the same frame, go farming!".

Which as far as I'm concerned, I'd much rather have these new variation of frames actually have meaning behind within its universe then just the equivalent of it being "official fanart".

The only thing I like out of those ideas, is the 3rd one. 4th makes it so you kinda HAVE to have a bow. 2nd people would complain its crap, and #1 is Wukongs ability.

I usually don't like, or am against some of DE's decisions, but this time they've got a LOT of things right with this Frame. 

On a side note, whats her Passive?

I would agree if this frame came first but i want an aggressive fighting frame. After i watched the game play of this frame the first thing i thought was imagine your in a group with this frame, who is going to wait for all this set up to be done. the person that plays this frame is going to be so annoyed that he cant set up anything. I have this frame marked as a solo frame. since there's only 1 maybe 2 abilities your going to get off in large engagements. So again alot of utility put into a frame where players will ruin the play style bc they are going to person 1 button and nuke everything else down. 

Thanks a ton for clan downsizing.  We hope for clear instructions.  We already deleted our Storm barracks (months ago due to false rumour spread by alliance), so hopefully our clan will downsize automatically.

Also, if excess materials & credits from unfinished research can go into the Vault, that would be sweet.

Edited by Fifield

They specifically stated that they don't want to just release it all willy-nilly, but actually want to have a more significant meaning behind it over just "here's a new variation of the same frame, go farming!".

Which as far as I'm concerned, I'd much rather have these new variation of frames actually have meaning behind within its universe then just the equivalent of it being "official fanart".

At the end of the day, it's still gonna be "a new variation of the same frame." I'd rather they just release it "all willy-nilly" instead of them stalling and concocting some superficial meaning behind the Umbra "system."