Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hear The Souls Of The Tortured; Remove The Fullscreen Message Popups While You Still Can

AdunSaveMe

Previews of the sorties show more fullscreen message popups of some dude saying things you don't care about, covering the entire screen, stopping you from seeing anything and just generally being in the way, a problem that exists in the syndicate menus and in missions where you actually need to SEE what's going on, without some woman popping up in your face to tell you you need a bath instead of playing in the corner like literally every other transmission.

The small box on the side is perfectly respectable. It's functional, it's informative, you know who's talking, and the only thing it gets in the way of is a bit of peripheral vision and some HUD details. Why are you not just using this? What possible benefit is there in plastering someone's face across the entire screen during a mission?

We don't need this. Nobody needs this. Unless you can skip them, it needs to stop. The Underlord demands it.

The Underlord wishes to remand his previous statement and suggest a toggle option. Now everyone can be happy.

There's no valid reason whatsoever to be against a toggle, cus you can just not use it. Cool? Cool.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I need this, I really like to see interactions, and the "fullscreen" ones are awesome, I'm happy that more are coming. Please don't talk like there is only your way to like things, some people like it, some don't.

I don't need this, I don't like to see interactions all over the screen, the fullscreen ones aren't awesome, I'm disappointed that more are coming. Please don't talk like my requests don't matter just because you like it. Some people like it, I don't.

We havent even gotten the update yet and your complaining? Its not fullscreen either. It just covers the starmap, not the sortie text and the sortie missions will be accessed through those parts.

These popups also add a function of immersion for some people which is nice.

Edited by Ory_Hara

Refrain from using WE, never speak on behalf of the community. 

I'm not. It's called a colloquialism. I didn't realize people here were so sensitive about it.

We havent even gotten the update yet and your complaining? Its not fullscreen either. It just covers the starmap, not the sortie text and the sortie missions will be accessed through those parts.

These popups also add a function of immersion for some people which is nice.

Read this;

a problem that exists in the syndicate menus and in missions where you actually need to SEE what's going on, without some woman popping up in your face to tell you you need a bath instead of playing in the corner like literally every other transmission.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

a problem that exists in the syndicate menus and in missions where you actually need to SEE what's going on, without some woman popping up in your face to tell you you need a bath instead of playing in the corner like literally every other transmission

The sortie system does not suffer from that. This is hardly fullscreen.

XQ2HUOo.jpg

Even if that wasn't annoying, it's still in the syndicate menu, and it's still IN MISSIONS. My point stands.

Agreed.

A way to toggle away the transmissions that take up large amounts of screen space is needed.

I'm tired of waiting for syndicate faces to go away, so I can browse their offerings. Simaris is the worst.

It's also getting tiring to have Hek take up my entire screen while I'm farming whatever Dojo color it is he's dropping.

... the "full screen" face popups are easily the best part about the menus.

Instead of a wall of text and some bars to fill, I have a face I can put on the faction, a voice I can place to their name. I love the "popups" of "some dude" I "don't care about"

You know what, I had this whole post, but never mind.

You come in here with your "We" and "You" crap, bleating about how colloquialism is fine when people call you on your obvious framing and phrasing and manipulation, when all you needed to do was present the common sense argument of "the cutscene should be skippable."

Yes. It should. But you've gone and made your argument so caustic there's nothing to support. You aren't arguing for anything, suggesting anything or requesting anything. You are whining.

PS

Simaris is the best. The. Best.

• 3 weeks later...

They're fine in the sortie menu. The problem is that they persist even after closing it. Upon exiting the sortie menu, the message should either change into a small one or stop completely. I suppose it's a bit rude to slam the phone down on uncle Hek, but I've got a loadout to adjust.

I also prefer small box on the left like all the video transmissions.  In my opinion the huge borderless overlay video should be used when someone is talking to you in your mind, or a visual representation of what your character (operator) is thinking about, so it's to distinguish from normal video transmissions. But I tolerate it as long as it doesn't block vital information or game view. And like what Defendor said, stop the playback immediately after closing the Sortie menu, and I don't think it needs to keep playing when Sortie is completed.

The last Sortie's (Lephantis) protest video can go as long as 14 seconds, and it was mostly silent other than the initial growling... Often I check the conditions and quickly go to Arsenal to make necessary adjustments and really dislike how it obscures good portion of view outside of Sortie menu. I would suggest switching to small box view after exiting Sortie menu or stop it completely.

4yDyxxw.jpg

for anyone defending this: what's so enjoyable about not being able to see anything?

Definitely not good when enemies can one-shot you.

I swear that the pause between the end of their speeches and when they go away keep getting longer with every sortie. Especially Lephantis which just screeches at you for 3 seconds and then stares at you for the next 5 seconds.

I would really like to cut its comm link with a button.

Edited by Insizer

Completely agreed OP.

These giant screens covering your face are overall badly animated to begin with (the heads just keep moving as if they're still talking when they're no longer, which looks very awkward, and they just STAY there for some good 3 seconds, waaay too long to feel natural, and an eternity for those trying to get their stuff done quickly), but not being able to just turn them off even when you already left the sortie selection/Syndicate rep menu is just infuriating.

Toggles are always good; regardless of being in favor or against.  Having the option to turn it off if you want is beneficial for everyone.

Personally, they're annoying.  They don't say anything new and they don't go away after you've exited the Sortie window.

This problem is especially persistent when using a monitor with a resolution smaller than 1080p. That damn transmission pretty much covers my entire 768p screen every time I open up a sortie, covering up the missions and making me wait for the transmission to disperse before I can click on anything.

If I press esc, that transmission stays until it actually fully finishes, which is a pain in the neck.

This also happens in the syndicate UI and in missions when a syndicate sends a death squad after you, and it's really annoying.

Another thing is that some of those transmissions don't end when they should, often staying on for about 5 seconds after the monologue ends.

So yeah, I second this.