Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers]-Lens~How To Install And Use

RustKnight5

Question

Lens are used to earn you focus for the new focus system, you will get the one corresponding to what you picked out after completing the Second Dream quest. It seems that all trees can be access but their is a barrier (50,000) focus before you can get access to any of the good stuff inside. The tree you picked out will have this barrier already completed. Lens can be installed in any of the following MAX RANK WARFRAME, PRIMARY, SECONDARY, MELEE WEAPONS ALONG WITH ALL ARCHWING ITEMS. Once installed DIRECT KILL AFFINITY GATHERED TOWARDS THAT ITEM IS TRANSFERRED AS FOCUS. If you forma an item with a lens you will not gain focus from that item until it hits 30 again. you can have multiple different lens on one load-out but only one lens per item. Once focus is gathered go back to you Focus menu (back of the ship talk to kid you) select the tree which has focus gather select a skill and click on focus to donate focus towards it. In game you will find a circle with the focus icon next to your energy bar when filled press 5(pc) to use your new focus ability. 

STEPS TO INSTALL A LENS

1. GO TO THE UPGRADE SCREEN OF YOUR CHOSEN ITEM

2. CLICK ON ACTIONS (bottom left corner of screen)

3. ON THE FARTHEST RIGHT THERE SHOULD BE A BUTTON LABELED FOCUS LENS CLICK IT

4. SELECT THE LENS YOU WISH TO INSTALL

5. DONE, GO FORTH AND GATHER FOCUS NOW.

-WARING-
LENS CAN BE REPLACED BUT NOT REMOVED
REPLACING A LENS WILL DESTROY IT
SINCE THERE ARE A PART OF THE NEW SORTIE DROP TABLE I DOUBT THEY WILL DROP ALL THAT OFTEN

-THE LENS YOU PUT IN YOUR LOAD OUT DOES NOT EFFECT WHICH FOCUS POWER YOU USE-

Once you unlock more than one focus tree you can select which one is the "primary" (if you only have one unlock that is your primary) this will be the focus power you use in game. Lens are only used to gather focus which is used to unlock other trees or nodes which correspond to the focus you gather.

-I AM MISSING THE SECOND DREAM QUEST OR THE FOCUS LENS BUTTON-

You have to complete the second dream quest to start working on lens and focus, and you can only start second dream once you beat natah.

www.warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Natah
Natah quest info^

GREATER LENS

Greater Lens are an upgrade form of you regular Lens that give more focus than than normal Lens. They require 4 lens of the same type to make a greater lens of that type, for example 4 Zenurik Lens are needed to make a Greater Zenurik Lens. Greater Lens require a blueprint to make among a few other resources, and the blueprint can be found in the market under the equipment tab and component section

-TREE INFO-

Thanks to Pryyo for posting the Naramon and Zenurik trees, Alzaroz for the Madurai tree, ScribbleClash for the Naramon tree, and Satosa and RobWasHere for the Vazarin tree.

NARAMON 

X8F0Kk9.jpg?1

ZENURIK

tNQCniG.png

VAZARIN 

I5gkW9D.jpg

UNARIU

NxltF2S.jpg

MADURAI 

qJHICyp.jpg 

Edited by RustKnight5

Okay, so I have a question, if I have 4 different lenses on 4 pieces of equipment, which one will be activated by pressing "5"?

Also about trees, is there a limit on how many nodes you can unlock, or will you be able to eventually unlock all of them?

Okay, so I have a question, if I have 4 different lenses on 4 pieces of equipment, which one will be activated by pressing "5"?

Also about trees, is there a limit on how many nodes you can unlock, or will you be able to eventually unlock all of them?

You may collect focus for multiple focus trees at a time but it looks like you can only have 1 tree active at a time , effecting your active power and it sub-abilities.

I remember when DE was talking about focus MONTHS ago, they were thinking of 'infinite' stat gain at a very slow rate. I'm hoping this means that you can fill out the whole focus trees. Granted it will take a lot of time. When you level up the individual focus nodes they cost more "pool" [the bar at the top of the focus screen] but the max "pool" can be increased thru incrementally expensive [focus] purchases.

At the top it says increase focus pool , what does this do ?

"Focus Pool" is kind of like mod capacity. Each node of the focus tree takes more "pool cost" depending on how much you rank it up. The "increase focus pool" allows you to use more/stronger focus modifying nodes.

If you have more than one lens equipped do you gain exp in that tree if it's NOT unlocked ?

You will gain exp for that tree even if it is not unlocked yet. Once you get 50,000 exp for a tree it seems like you will be able to then unlock it and switch out which focus power you use (choose which one is the primary).

You will gain exp for that tree even if it is not unlocked yet. Once you get 50,000 exp for a tree it seems like you will be able to then unlock it and switch out which focus power you use (choose which one is the primary).

"Focus Pool" is kind of like mod capacity. Each node of the focus tree takes more "pool cost" depending on how much you rank it up. The "increase focus pool" allows you to use more/stronger focus modifying nodes.

Thanks !

Vazarin has mending wave healing power. Hang on, ill fetch a screen.

Edit:

Mending Tides sends healing pulses. New Moon allow mending tides revive instantly up to several times a mission, retaliation reflects damage, disciplined approach increase range of sharing affinity, mending shower mends quicker, but less powerfull, protection ward give protecting shell, commanding word cause every mending wave to stun enemies. Strengthen defences cause mending tides to restore shields, guardian presence spread protecting shell to allies, polluted waters revive instantly indefinely amount of times, but have a chance to inflict viral or magnetic proc on revived.

iBo46P4.jpg

Edited by RobWasHere

Madurai With Phoenix gaze has been my favorite so far, It's been noted to maximize focus gains use this on AOE warframes or primary weapons. You would not want to use this on a frame like trinity that does not constantly get last hit kills as you'll only get 25% affinity vs 50%, and take twice as long to gain focus, Instead frames like ember etc etc who can kill hundreds of enemies without even looking at them can make massive focus gains

Hi! I installed the Madurai Lens on my Frost Warframe. Yet it seems to collect so slowly, even if I am murdering Draco-level enemies left and right with his abilities. I only have one (maxed) weapon equipped. Is there something I am missing, or is this normal?

Also, there was once this glitch. I joined a squad in Draco, and all of a sudden, I had infinite xp for my laser. I could spam it as much as I wanted. Thoughts?