Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Iron Skin Got Buffed In Pvp / Now Way Overpowered

Pythadragon

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/568455-update-18-the-second-dream/

• Iron Skin has damage absorb period at beginning and is affected by armour, like Snow Globe and Tectonics.

This seems to be confusing many players. I also think this change shouldn't really be in pvp.

Especially the absorb part of it, which makes an uninformed player make the rhino practically invulnerable for its duration due to absorbing a crap tonne of damage.

Was the rhino rework supposed to affect pvp in this way?

Edited by Pythadragon

Woah, I was wondering why rhinos were feeling so tanky. I couldn't seem to kill them as soon as they casted iron skin. How am I supposed to know how long that absorb lasts? Should I pull out a timer every time I see one? Even then, how long does it actually last? This seems like a bit much. Does it still give the bonus hp as usual, even if he's not hit at all during the absorb? I'd be fine with that, albeit I don't think it fits his style. The previous version of iron skin was already a pain to deal with because it could be recasted over and over as soon as it drops. I'd be interested in the exact inner workings of this new rework.

I think this new iron skin puts rhino more in line with other tank frames instead of being a generic jack-of-all-trades master of none.

It gives rhino the option to assault the enemy head on, just like it's namesake.

If you have trouble fighting ironskin, just... Don't. No way the rhino can catch up with you after the mobility reduction. Unless you are another tank.

Just pull back if you meet one, he shouldn't be able to catch up to you. Unsure how other weapons work but Hek can still burst him down quickly if you flank him.

New Iron Skin lasts more then a minute. By the time it will run out Rhino could get enough energy for new Iron Skin.

Also Palatine skin makes Iron Skin almost invisible because of dark colors. It impossible to tell if you can engage Rhino or not.

They should just revert the changes back. Also its more or less impossible to tell if they have Iron skin on with the Palatine skin.

Revert the changes back but keep the aesthetics of people unchanged.

Maybe for Conclaves a way to see if the target has any kind of buffs? 

Not only his Iron Skin is OP. Charge deals now way to much damage in pvp. I can one shot nearly every frame with Charge not even counting its damage increases.

I wouldnt mind for a small decrease in damage for Charge. Just to even the playing field.

Iron skin now has a durability of 600 instead of the previous 200(?), the 1sec invul window which is somewhat OK, but 600 is definitely too much unless its a display bug (which I really hope it is).

Edited by Neah

New Iron Skin lasts more then a minute. By the time it will run out Rhino could get enough energy for new Iron Skin.

Also Palatine skin makes Iron Skin almost invisible because of dark colors. It impossible to tell if you can engage Rhino or not.

I experienced it today, indeed that thing is impossible to break.

I don't play conclave after every major update for a few days or until the new PVE material bores me; for the reasons of gross imbalance or sweeping changes that may or may not be reverted.

My issue right before U18 was recidivist Iron skin crutch recasters - now i can see it is even more effective, clap clap. Lucky the PVE content is significant..

Something is definitely wrong with Iron Skin right now.

In conclave arsenal, the amount is showing as 600(!) ferrite armor.  In game it shows as 150.

I've been (ab)using the new Iron Skin a lot lately, and let me tell you: it sure doesn't feel like it's giving me only 150 health.  Even after the invulnerability period ends, I can take an INCREDIBLE amount of punishment.  I think it's definitely bugged to be shielding way too much. 

I Rhino'ed last night with sword alone, and fared pretty well. I didn't notice that IS was lasting a super long time. I'm gonna check it out tonight. 

Previously, IS was useless as a defense tool. Pretty much only used for CC and damage (which the dmg has been nerfed; I know that from last night) Now, you can actually use it defensively. Like someone else said, brings him in line with other tanky frames. He is so slow it's comical.

FROST = Team or Objective Tank (AoE Rhino Skin)

RHINO = Solo Tank  (A Silvery Sweet Lining of Love)

I Rhino'ed last night with sword alone, and fared pretty well. I didn't notice that IS was lasting a super long time. I'm gonna check it out tonight. 

Previously, IS was useless as a defense tool. Pretty much only used for CC and damage (which the dmg has been nerfed; I know that from last night) Now, you can actually use it defensively. Like someone else said, brings him in line with other tanky frames. He is so slow it's comical.

FROST = Team or Objective Tank (AoE Rhino Skin)

RHINO = Solo Tank  (A Silvery Sweet Lining of Love)

With all 3 mobility mods + sword alone mod,

rhino prime has 0.9 (1.1@50 energy) mobility

normal rhino has 0.96 (1.16@50 energy) mobility

That is nowhere near comically slow.

Not only his Iron Skin is OP. Charge deals now way to much damage in pvp. I can one shot nearly every frame with Charge not even counting its damage increases.

I wouldnt mind for a small decrease in damage for Charge. Just to even the playing field.

Charge doesn't one shot.

If you are "one-shotting" people with charge, it is because they were not at full health/shields... or even half health/shields. Please don't spread misinformation. =) 

On the topic of "one-shotting" I am still surprised at the amount of players that don't search for health globes after a fight. After every engagement I head towards a globe out of habit. Check those HP bars!

With all 3 mobility mods + sword alone mod,

rhino prime has 0.9 (1.1@50 energy) mobility

normal rhino has 0.96 (1.16@50 energy) mobility

That is nowhere near comically slow.

Then there is a bug. I have all mobility mods (ALSO not a tank at that point) and I might as well not even jump or roll or slide as it covers less ground than just sprinting. Also, if you are melee'ing you will never be at full energy due to channeling. 

Edited by Alethkar

- lol i thought you were talking about charged attacks, i will leave it here anyway -

fun fact: with glaives, you can bullet jump while charging, making it probably the best thing happened to melee by mistake, that is how melee charged attacks should work

Edited by rockscl

- lol i thought you were talking about charged attacks, i will leave it here anyway -

fun fact: with glaives, you can bullet jump while charging, making it probably the best thing happened to melee by mistake, that is how melee charged attacks should work

CHARGED SLAM ATTACKS  new meta =)

Regarding charge attacks with heavy. Gala def does not one shot. Not sure what Nova EHP is but it took at least two charge attacks to kill. (not channeled) This was a test with another player. Not a fight.

Edited by Alethkar