Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties Are Awful

BlackCoMerc

I just went through a 20 round defense and got a stock for a weapon I already have... F*** YOU. Why can't I, JUST FOR ONCE, chose my own reward, or at the very least, give me the option to choose from 5 different, randomly selected rewards. 

I like sorties, they feel like challenging mini-raids with the drawbacks more manageable (bad hosts, bad/afk players...), not perfect but still

you not having the correct weapons is annoying, but even though some don't want to pay, buying new slots & keeping one of each isn't really that expensive, is it? though snipers only for an infested mission was weird, but frankly snipers never really had a place in this game in my opinion (low RoF weapons vs hordes of ennemies & stealth nearly impossible unless you solo or play with trusted friends)

ennemies = bullet sponges. whoah big news, it's been like this with scaling since the beginning of the game, won't ever change unless DE rework it. challenge comes more from compensating each other's weaknesses anyway

as for getting parts of already owned stuff, remember not everyone has played as long as you, they should not be penalized & should be allowed to have a chance to get the stuff you already obtained

I agree on the cores reward issue, I've been Lucky enough with the draws till now, but seeing as cores aren't that hard to get now, a 25 cores reward for sortie seems like a waste, it should be dropped out of the reward table if possible

I just hate that Survival and defenses have 20waves/minutes, which is anoying. Extermination doesnt have 300 or 500 enemies to kill, it just have standard 100 like in standard exterminations. So defense and survival should have standard 10 waves/minutes too, enemies have high level so its enough taking time to kill them.

But I'm sad that at the end there is no BOSS : (, that should be very interesting.

I originally typed a giant salt post for this, but there's no point.

tl:dr I pressed Mag's 2 ability through the entire sortie yesterday, and similar for the earlier ones.

There is no possible way to challenge us with the current weapon/frame/resource/enemy system we have. We are so ridiculously overgeared for everything. Wouldn't matter if they'd drop lvl 200 enemies in the sorties. We'd just run x4 cp and viral them down, with some other broken frame ability to catch the slack.

I really would just like to know if DE are currently happy with how strong we are vs enemies, or if they are looking at a massive overhaul further down the road.

I really would just like to know if DE are currently happy with how strong we are vs enemies, or if they are looking at a massive overhaul further down the road.

Part of the problem with this is that there is a large skill / gear gap between some of the playerbase and DE must accommodate for that; along with the constant influx of new players. It's not just a game, it's a business.

You never know though, with the introduction of Sortie's, at least they are on the right track.

The only thing that pisses me off about Sorties right now is that they're mostly impossible to do solo. Since almost everyone I know quit playing due to the ridiculous grind, I find it hard to find anyone to play these with. With players, I find them to be an interesting challenge, but since I hate pugs,  I really don't see myself completing many of these myself.

1: for solo play, how about scaling like diablo 3, missions get harder with more people in the game.

2: Can you up the AI so they actually do something besides running at you mindlessly? How about, as nova, when I throw an anti matter drop at them they try to move out of the way, or when Frost places a bubble those with guns don't just sit there shooting at an impenetrable wall like morons and instead run into it so they can harm us?

3: Also, infested have claws, I think they should be able to run on walls and ceilings to make them harder to shoot.

1: for solo play, how about scaling like diablo 3, missions get harder with more people in the game.

2: Can you up the AI so they actually do something besides running at you mindlessly? How about, as nova, when I throw an anti matter drop at them they try to move out of the way, or when Frost places a bubble those with guns don't just sit there shooting at an impenetrable wall like morons and instead run into it so they can harm us?

3: Also, infested have claws, I think they should be able to run on walls and ceilings to make them harder to shoot.

If we're gonna talk about flaws in the game might I recommend redoing tile sets and making stealth good as well

Edited by DALOS

Don't solo it...  There is a slide out option button at the top of the navigation screen, you change that to public and you can join others who are doing the same mission.  It is commonly referred to as Pugging (Pick up group), very easy, do it all the time.

Try that.  And if you can't play more than 15 minutes a day, well, others can.  Does DE want you and only you to quit your life? No.  But since they don't build games around you, that isn't really an issue for them.  I'm really sorry if the game offers nothing for you now, there are still other things you can do in 5 minutes in the day you are allowed to play the game.  Try a capture mission or two, though that might be pushing your schedule too much?  I don't know :/

The game plays worse when  I play with others. Connection issue I cannot fix unless I quit my job and move to a new region and I wouldn't over a game. It's a lot worse with other people for me, way too much lag and people teleporting all over and all the wonderfully bad stuff that happens for me with this connection. Pretty much like I am not even there.  Soloing everything else has been fine, this end game thing is just not working out for me.  I've played a lot of games that are difficult but soloable. The Dark Souls games for example. How this game works now is just not what I would consider a challenge but more like a cheapness with enemies with tons of armor and doing lots of damage in force/numbers. My skill alone should be enough like it was up to this point. Aside from all that, like I said connection and location.  I've been playing since before I was a founder in the beta and the game always offered more but this doesn't even offer. I don't feel like playing just the old content anymore and I'm not buying items off people for platinum.  I did enjoy the second dream and all that but then I hit this wall. It's mostly that the difficulty doesn't scale properly and again no real challenge just cheapness.  There are a ton of other games with end game content I can solo fine that are fairly similar to this game. So if I see an update I'll reinstall and play.

Edited by BloodDoll

I originally typed a giant salt post for this, but there's no point.

tl:dr I pressed Mag's 2 ability through the entire sortie yesterday, and similar for the earlier ones.

There is no possible way to challenge us with the current weapon/frame/resource/enemy system we have. We are so ridiculously overgeared for everything. Wouldn't matter if they'd drop lvl 200 enemies in the sorties. We'd just run x4 cp and viral them down, with some other broken frame ability to catch the slack.

errr, do not bring a mag like do not use rangers/wizards in dark soul?