Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties Are Awful

BlackCoMerc

-They last too long

-They have annoying restrictions that frankly make no sense. Sniper only? Why? Against infested? That's the most tactically unsound decision a Tenno could ever make. 

-Enemies are NOT difficult or challenging. They are just bullet sponges. News flash: making the same old enemies take longer to kill does NOT add challenge to a game. It just kills immersion and makes the game less fun to PLAY.

-The reward pools are too unreliable. If we can do Sorties, we dont NEED Cores. We NEED extremely rare parts or Lenses. That's it. Well, maybe frames, too, or frame parts. But Cores? I hate to tell you, chances are if you need 25 cores for something, you DONT need to do Sorties yet. 

-They last too long

True, think of it as an endurance.

-They have annoying restrictions that frankly make no sense. Sniper only? Why? Against infested? That's the most tactically unsound decision a Tenno could ever make. 

Adapt.

-Enemies are NOT difficult or challenging. They are just bullet sponges. News flash: making the same old enemies take longer to kill does NOT add challenge to a game. It just kills immersion and makes the game less fun to PLAY.

Depends what weapon you used, I haven't had any troubles killing anything yet.

-The reward pools are too unreliable. If we can do Sorties, we dont NEED Cores. We NEED extremely rare parts or Lenses. That's it. Well, maybe frames, too, or frame parts. But Cores? I hate to tell you, chances are if you need 25 cores for something, you DONT need to do Sorties yet. 

Because ranking up all those prime mods is too mainstream.

I sense...butthurt.

-Yes, Sorties are long.  They are essentially miniature Trials.  That's the point.

-Sniper only against Infested was easy when I did it.  Banshee, Mesa, my Vauban, and I can't even remember the 4th because we were in and out so quick.  Weapon restrictions are for you to get more weapons and challenge yourself (while also possibly making you buy more slots for new types.)

-Not if you play your weapons, frames, and Focus right.  My 1 Forma Tonkor was oneshotting Level 105 Infested due to the proper use of squad work, and I was on Public.

-Obviously you don't need cores (although more never hurts).  But what's wrong with putting a few "eh" rewards in?  Do you really expect DE to spoonfeed you delicious rare content?  If so, welcome to the gaming world, where it's NEVER that simple.  You're gonna love it.

I don't understand the point of this thread. The Sortie works as advertised and gives a pool of rewards. So some players don't like the length, restrictions, or damage absorption of the enemies. It is standard fare in most games to use these mechanics somewhere. I don't see an issue with sorties that wasn't part of the plan.

-They last too long

-Enemies are NOT difficult or challenging. They are just bullet sponges. 

-The reward pools are too unreliable. If we can do Sorties, we dont NEED Cores. We NEED extremely rare parts or Lenses.

To me, it feels like the perfect length.

They just add more challenge, making you adapt to a situation you aren't usually in or comfortable in.

Bullet sponges? Compared to phoenix intercept these guys are nothing.

Some people don't use the meta farming to get things, as long as it's not common cores, it's alright. Also, you value extremely rare parts over Legendary cores?

Edited by Xicio

I disagree on all points, except perhaps the first.  They offer quite nice rewards, reasonable to the time they're asking (that 20 wave defense), but only offer the reward if you're capable of investing that time in one day, which is kind of harsh.

The restrictions/challenges are there to make loadout construction more interesting.  Snipers against infested?  Players are being asked to make that a tactically sound option or simply overpower it with skill.  Lanka's punch through, vectis gas status, CC slow frames like frost/nova/vauban.

I have found that enemies aren't bullet sponges, even on the 3rd sortie.  That's because my endgame gear along with warframe damage amplification powers still put down eximus enemies within a fraction of a second.  That overkill vaykor hek becomes statistically reasonable at this point even if it blows everything out of the water in every other instance of play.

Plenty of people likely still desire cores.  I know I need more cores, more prime mods, rare 10 mods I have yet to even touch, kubrow mods, etc.  I'm MR 19 with lots of hours.  People can also sell ranked mods.  Cores are just generally useful, they can even be sold for credits.  

wow. i kinda like the sorties.

sniper rifle only? bring banshee and a nova, i was seeing over 1m hits with my vectis p.

heavy resistance? bring ember and a flamethrower with a heavy strength build and spam accelerate. (i wound up doing 51% of the damage on that run) although, all the flashy power stuff did crash my system about wave 2. 

could the mechanics improve? sure! rather than whine about the current system not being what you want and not giving alternatives, how about you toss out some ideas for improvement?

-They last too long

are they long? yes but 20 wave Defense isn't that long, especially considering people of Sortie-level tend to run 40 wave T4 Def. which is longer. so while they ARE long, this claim is bogus as we run longer just for kicks

the restrictions do make sense if you read the mission brief. it's not the tenno's CHOICE to bring a Sniper to infested, they are literally restricted to it because a device has disabled all their other gear. Adapt, Survive, and overcome. it wasn't that hard and I was 1-shotting them all with my Vectis Prime.

They don't take longer to kill really, they just force you to be at a level to be ABLE to kill them quickly. as stated above, my Vectus Prime was one-shotting the Infested even without headshot bonuses. (No I do no have Primed Chamber) and I don't even USE Snipers that often. my main primary is my Hek, which deals ludicrous enough damage that the only sortie enemies I CAN'T one-shot with it, are Oxium Ospreys.

okay, gonna agree on the Cores, mostly because I got 25 R0 cores on my first Sortie run and I was PISSED. I mean, yeah it's nice to have cores to finish maxing my Pimed Point Blank which is missing one level, or some of my other 10-level mods, or even mods to sell for plat, but R0 cores aren't terribly useful for that compared to the R5 cores they should've been. and it's CERTAINLY not what I was running the mission for. though by far my biggest gripe is that you can potentially get duplicate rewards, and you can only run them once per day. basically forcing you to get gouged at Trade Chat to finish the rare weapon you got all of ONE part for in the 15 days they have it up. or you get a Lens for the wrong path and have to go to Trade Chat AGAIN. but that's really more an issue with Trading chat. they need to do away with it and make a straight-up auctionhouse/player market. then make Trade Chat for actually TRADING one rare part for another, ignoring Plat altogether

What did you expect? Look at trials. Boring. Unfun. ZERO challenge. Only restrictions and unfair mechanics. Sorties are just the same thing, using the same recipe. So of course they taste the same. I couldn't care less about the rewards at that point. I wanted challenge. I wanted fun. I didn't get either of these.

- Their length isn't the issue. It's the fact that they simply lack any entertaining factor that makes them such a pain in the @ss to suffer through. It is less of a boring chore with buddies to fool around with though, thank the Lotus!

- They don't require ANY adaptation, unlike what some seem to somehow think. They add RESTRICTIONS. Two very different things. We don't adapt to squat. We just have less options to deal with the missions that we had to deal with for years, and that's it. It's not necessarily a bad thing mind you, it just so happens that this RNG that DE loves so much decided that the parameters for the Infested mission would be "Snipers only", which is downright moronic in itself, I agree. But since we still had our powers it kinda became a non-issue really. It did show once again that some frames are clearly above others in many aspects though, which is sad in my humble opinion.

- I completely agree there. Enemies using a broken scaling and cheap mechanics are in the end not any more challenging than lower level enemies. Mostly because we learned to not rely on DE to know how to balance their game, and also found ways to deal with this part of it in various, and sometimes quite hilarious, ways. But yes, these sorties are NOT challenging. Well, they do challenge our ability to remain awake. Not sure that counts as a good challenge though...

- I honestly don't care about rewards anymore. I just wanted something fun and challenging. Color me disappointed. Twice. What's the color for disappointement again? I did my best to try and forget after the "trials" came out...

The thing is, with DE's current business model, they can't afford to be "fair" with droptables and reward pools. Since they chose to dilute them and make it disgustingly random to get what we want through regular playing, thus incentivizing the players to buy stuff, instead of making their bundles more appealing while maintaining a fair degree of attractiveness for the other way in the first place, they are now stuck with this pattern. Sad, really. But what can they do now?^^'

As for the cores, well, I agree, it is BS. It's so easy to get cores in droves everywhere else that it kinda feels like voluntary dilution to me too. And it will also drag prices down, a very obvious thing that many seem to be unable to "compute". And of course if some other rewards end up being untradeable, and RNG being RNG (reads "f!ck you players"), many a player will be cursing DE for many moons to come, and this feeling of boredom and repetitiveness won't be going anywhere any time soon.^^'

But hey, at least they can only improve on the gameplay side of things. And like I said, I don't give two short and curlies about rewards right now. I just want to have some fun and fair challenge in Warframe for a change. One can hope.

It is NOT scaled for solo players. It's way too difficult and I can't even use weapons that might work for me. Pretty bad and too time consuming. The difficulty is unnaturally hard and the melee only sniper only restrictions makes no sense. I've not beaten the 3rd and in most cases second 2nd mission at all. Plus I can't play that long even if I could survive. My limited time was never a problem before, so DE wants me to quit my life for their game?  The game has nothing for me now. Can't do the sorties can't play at my pace and my approach on my limited time schedule.  i loved the new second dream stuff but past that the games just not playable anymore for me. It totally is not balanced for soloing or even duoing, as I've tested this for 3 days now and no longer will be abused. Way too many enemies out for a solo player that are basically bullet spongers with one shot power.

Edited by BloodDoll

It is NOT scaled for solo players. It's way too difficult and I can't even use weapons that might work for me. Pretty bad and too time consuming. The difficulty is unnaturally hard and the melee only sniper only restrictions makes no sense. I've not beaten the 3rd and in most cases second 2nd mission at all. Plus I can't play that long even if I could survive. My limited time was never a problem before, so DE wants me to quit my life for their game?  The game has nothing for me now. Can't do the sorties can't play at my pace and my approach on my limited time schedule.  i loved the new second dream stuff but past that the games just not playable anymore for me. It totally is not balanced for soloing or even duoing, as I've tested this for 3 days now and no longer will be abused. Way too many enemies out for a solo player that are basically bullet spongers with one shot power.

Don't solo it...  There is a slide out option button at the top of the navigation screen, you change that to public and you can join others who are doing the same mission.  It is commonly referred to as Pugging (Pick up group), very easy, do it all the time.

Try that.  And if you can't play more than 15 minutes a day, well, others can.  Does DE want you and only you to quit your life? No.  But since they don't build games around you, that isn't really an issue for them.  I'm really sorry if the game offers nothing for you now, there are still other things you can do in 5 minutes in the day you are allowed to play the game.  Try a capture mission or two, though that might be pushing your schedule too much?  I don't know :/

I don't even have a sniper rifle. I have bows and opticor. Had to wait for the next sortie:

I felt totally underpowered in Sortie 3. I'm not really a friend of enemies who are bullet sinks, but kill players in 1-2 shots. I'd like to see some f***ing effect with the weapons I took a long time to build up.

I tried to shoot a regulator drone in sortie 2 (Spy). Opticor (maxed, potatoed, no formas), from cloak. Took about a quarter of its health. WTF? Mission scrubbed. I felt bad for screwing it up and soloed a peaceful spy mission.

I'm not gonna say much as I'm pretty dissapointed/angry atm, but this is coming from someone with ~1500 hours playing WF;

I fervently dislike Sortie Spy Missions.

One tip DE (for spy missions in general), fix your colours, please;

YELLOW room lights, on top of a YELLOW panel, matching up transparent YELLOW coloured hacking symbols, really..?

(very straining on the eyes to try determine which symbols have been activated - please make it more clear)

Also, do we really need electro-shocks after x amount of attempts on a hacking console, that results in the entire mission to fail? If you're going to have some type of mechanic like this please make it visible in the hacking console and please give us a clear indication of when a symbol has been unlocked during the hacking game.

I am okay with difficult spy missions, I just want my successes and failures to be clear.

Edited by Thaiden

soooo i did my sortie missions today and ended up with the best reward possible..... a greater lens bp which i can buy on the market for credits..... for real this is the most usless item in the drop table and it should be removed it is totally pointless. the sorties claim to be the "endgame" yet provide rewards i can buy with credits? is this some kind of joke :D i just dont get it.

soooo i did my sortie missions today and ended up with the best reward possible..... a greater lens bp which i can buy on the market for credits.....

That is a letdown, I agree. It should only be the fully built greater lens or a regular lens.

Edited by Thaiden

This last spy sortie i were unable to kill Corpus tech with Ninkondi.... I even modded it to deal magnetic+ heat...Then i tried Viral +electric.....No use.

He just keep shooting at me while i do that propeller move....

And these freaking Sapping Ospreys....UGH. Fly and drop their sht everywhere.... Single ball kills you with 2 ticks. And its not limited to "ground"....its hit zone is a freaking DOME that go through any barrier.

That uncapped damage scaling and super dumb AI ( When enemies are ALL alerted and you still enter data vault "unnoticed"...with whole bunch of drones on your tail....)

I agree. No pleasure received playing these...sorties. 

I think DE should simplify enemy weakness/resistance system.   And increase "proper build" effectiveness.  Srsly...When weapon is totally modded to kill corpus it should at least deal visible damage to their hp bar.

Maybe let only few enemies scale past some limit in a mission?  So we could sometimes encounter very badass enemy with crazy stats, while rest of them are killable.

Because when they all have unlimited scaling its just unplayable. You still can do missions, yes....But hell its no fun. Im just forced to abuse most OP things in wf. That sux.