Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Umbra Payment ---- Platinum Or Cash?

Teshin_Dax

Hello,

Question is in the topic title ....

Would like to see some official statement... 

[Could you pls answer DE....We all need to know this....not one week before release]

You can also discuss what you would like to see <-- 

I think he will definitely cost something... But whats better - Plat or Cash?

Especially players like i want  to know, if we should save up some money.

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

They are going to integrate Umbras into the story so they will be obtainable by both plat and grind.

my theory: Primes kinda failed to be the End game stuff. With the sentients seting the stakes even higher. Umbars will be probably introduced as the new End game Anti-sentient warframes :)

Edited by Deshiel

They are going to integrate Umbras into the story so they will be obtainable by both plat and grind.

my theory: Primes kinda failed to be the End game stuff. With the sentients seting the stakes even higher. Umbars will be probably introduced as the new End game Anti-sentient warframes :)

Not sure I like how DE is going with this...

Basic versions of Warframes have been made useless because of their Prime Counterparts. Adding Umbras into the mix and making them better than primes will make 2 versions of the SAME WARFRAME mastery fodder.

I think Umbras should just end with Excalibur since he's the only one who won't have his Prime Counterpart available to everyone. Maybe add a few Umbra weapons but that's my limit on this Umbra business.

Basic versions of Warframes have been made useless because of their Prime Counterparts. Adding Umbras into the mix and making them better than primes will make 2 versions of the SAME WARFRAME mastery fodder.

I think Umbras should just end with Excalibur since he's the only one who won't have his Prime Counterpart available to everyone. Maybe add a few Umbra weapons but that's my limit on this Umbra business.

Or after excalibur umbra comes out, no more prime stuff but umbra stuff? Umbra frames (only ones who arent primed) and same with weapons.

Or after excalibur umbra comes out, no more prime stuff but umbra stuff? Umbra frames (only ones who arent primed) and same with weapons.

That would be OK I guess but some people might get pissed that their favorite frames won't get the "Prime" treatment. Likewise on the other side of the spectrum some people whose favorite frames are already primed might like the "Umbra" design more and get pissed that they won't get one, whatever that design will be.

All I know from Umbra is Excalibur is going to have an awesome scarf and that he has gold bits like the primes. If they are really going with "Umbra all the Warframes!"  they need to differentiate it from Prime versions otherwise why even bother (aside from Excal for obvious reasons) it's not like we don't have Dark themed Prime Warframes.

I dont think that Umbras are the greater warframes... Stalkers Codex:  "....i watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians......"

EDIT

@Redemption_015  i hope that  .... ---> im a "Wallet-Warrior" too ^^

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

See i'm on the opposite spectrum and like it alot. Just like anything that is good and worthwhile, wouldn't you attempt to make it better in the end?

Regular warframes are good and enough to get you through the solar system and almost any content. Primed ones are stronger, more powerful versions that help you get beyond that cap. Umbra will be the new ultimate super versions that help you go even beyond that and push new limits.

I'm ok with stronger, better, newer versions of them to always strive for. Otherwise whats the other option? Release a new frame that trumps all and everyone only plays that one? It'll keep the diversity while giving you something more powerful to go for.

See i'm on the opposite spectrum and like it alot. Just like anything that is good and worthwhile, wouldn't you attempt to make it better in the end?

Regular warframes are good and enough to get you through the solar system and almost any content. Primed ones are stronger, more powerful versions that help you get beyond that cap. Umbra will be the new ultimate super versions that help you go even beyond that and push new limits.

I'm ok with stronger, better, newer versions of them to always strive for. Otherwise whats the other option? Release a new frame that trumps all and everyone only plays that one? It'll keep the diversity while giving you something more powerful to go for.

Or how about releasing new frames that give diversity in gameplay without taking from older ones? Like the new frames we are getting. They are good but they don't overshadow the old frames. In fact most of the top tier frames in the game right now are still the Old frames (Loki, Frost, Trin, etc) Ironically what you're asking for is the Umbras trumping Primes and Basic versions and people will only play Umbras just like how no one uses the Basic version of the Warframe when they have it's Prime counterpart.

Don't get me wrong, getting Umbra frames will probably be easy for people who've been playing for a long time like you (I'm assuming) and me since we've already leveled the weaker versions, but how about new players getting introduced to Warframe knowing that the basic frames are all obsolete as well as the Prime Frames that come after them? They will all turn to mastery fodder because let's be honest why devote your time and effort to forma and max out weaker versions when a better version is clearly available.

Prime Warframes are supposed to be the endgame versions of our basic Warframes. Focus System is clearly the step to push new limits. I don't see the need for a 3rd version of the Warframes to "push new limits" since the Focus System is supposed to do that for us.

If DE does what you want they are essentially telling us "Hey guys! The prime versions are useless now. But don't worry we made sure you can grind and reforma all the SAME WARFRAMES you already have 2 copies of with small stat boosts because we all know how everyone loves grinding. It's not like we said we're trying to reduce the grind or anything."

TL;DR: Getting 3rd versions of the same Warframes just means more grind. Why not devote the resources in making those 3rd versions into making the game more fun and less grindy (instead of increasing the grind by introducing a 3rd version you have to farm and grind for). New mission modes, Better raids, New Warframes (not copies of old ones with upgraded stats)

I can definately see it being an issue of people just flocking to the new ones. I'm not sure how they can change it, maybe instead of making it a flat better frame, adjust the stats drastically between all of the versions so you can just pick different ones for each of your builds to further enhance them. Say you use Rhino. You have a build focused primarily on strength for iron skin and soloing, and a build for range and efficiency for stomp casting or something.

Regular has higher strength but lower range and efficiency.

Prime reverse.

Umbra different.

It's the only way to really get around the it's just plain better mentality i guess. You choose based on build rather. Or maybe even adjust how each versions abilities work slightly, although this could get crazy as well.

Not sure!