The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dragon Nikana Vs Broken-War Sad

DarthKadra

eh, you could already one shot everything with your dragon nikana anyway. Not sure why this is such a big deal.

one is given for free the other you have to build and put work into it to be on par with the other. though i think this is DEs second, i wanna say second or could be more, the gave a weapon that is best in that class (the first being the brakk i think).

By the way, if i am not mistaken the Nikana is a Japanese styled Katana.

A Katana is inferior in every respect to European Swords. Worse steel, only one cutting edge, inferior design, breaks often when hitting other swords... (Google it if you don't believe) and the Broken War is akin more to a European style with better steel, two cutting edges, armguard, more possible moves like hitting enemys with cross guard or grip...

So in other words it is 'historical' correct' xD

hahaha

/s

A Katana is inferior in every respect to European Swords. Worse steel, only one cutting edge, inferior design, breaks often when hitting other swords... (Google it if you don't believe) and the Broken War is akin more to a European style with better steel, two cutting edges, armguard, more possible moves like hitting enemys with cross guard or grip...

hahaha

/s

you need to look at the broken war again very closely and the thing on katanas is still very debatable considering it depends on how the sword it built. 

Edited by Noble_One

Lol how about no? Take the free weapon and stop whining. D nikana is craftable, broken war is RNG LOCKED!

R N G Locked!

Not everyone has completed a certain quest called natah, because not everyone has the RNG luck to meet oculysts.

Did DE change their appearance chance recently? Last I played actively (only a month ago, waiting on U18 to drop so on other games) Tyl Regor assassination had nearly 100% chance for an Oculyst to appear. I know when I was farming for Equinox I could count the number of times I didn't see one on my hands after five hours of farming.

you need to look at the broken war again very closely and the thing on katanas is still very debatable considering it depends on how the sword it built. 

Minute 5:30 you see the cut a sword test:

The dude that swings the swords is a smith for high quality Katanas (using imported original japanes steel) and he would only rely on an european sword in a matter of live or death.

hahaha

/s

Not sure about the steel but one edge isn't exactly a bad thing. Your comparison is very biased.

They were made to perform calculated and decisive cuts. You should never bang any sword together either(only idiots do this), it will damage the cutting edge on them. 

Minute 5:30 you see the cut a sword test:

The dude that swings the swords is a smith for high quality Katanas (using imported original japanes steel) and he would only rely on an european sword in a matter of live or death.

Watched the video and you are NEVER suppose to use a sword to bash against another one. One sword is made to quickly cut/kill your opponent. One is made with the expectations of clashing or bashing against another sword when trying to kill.

Buff other stances or nerf Crimson Dervish.  Thats all there is to it.  The weapons themselves are fine. Or you can just use what you want and stop complaining about other weapons.  Like most people will do anyway.  You like D. Nikana, use D. Nikana.  No one is forcing you to use Broken-War. So they released a weapon thats stronger and can be gotten from a quest.  Welcome to the world of online gaming.  It happens. 

Not sure about the steel but one edge isn't exactly a bad thing. Your comparison is very biased.

They were made to perform calculated and decisive cuts. You should never bang any sword together either(only idiots do this), it will damage the cutting edge on them. 

pretty much this. katana's are made for cutting though flesh and cheap iron swords during an age when steel with a razer sharp edge was supreme, not to mention most "samurai" litrally were just high paid guard for the emporers and generals, meaning they barely if ever saw any real combat which would have demanded a sword of higher practicallity. Their decrative. if u want traditional "swordfighting" a european sword would be better suited for the job.

If you people get DE to nerf broken war, Ill be extremely pissed.

Not because it is OP. But because melee, by itself, is lackluster compared to guns. Broken war is OP compared to other melee's, but balanced compared to other weapons.

That is, its not broken war that needs to be nerfed. But every other melee weapon that needs a buff.

If you people get DE to nerf broken war, Ill be extremely pissed.

Not because it is OP. But because melee, by itself, is lackluster compared to guns. Broken war is OP compared to other melee's, but balanced compared to other weapons.

That is, its not broken war that needs to be nerfed. But every other melee weapon that needs a buff.

Agreed.

dragon nikana is very bad if u dont have maxed primed reach considering blind justice is best stance for it who lack on range a lot with great speed....i think all wepons should be mastery rank locked... in 4th grade...   grade one master rank 1-4 grade 2 mastery 4-7 grade 3 mastery rank 7-10 elite grade  mastery rank 10+

The dragon nikana does need a buff in crit chance and status chance. Maybe even crit damage. That would give it a niche among the top-tier melees, all of which have higher ips damage (as it should be).

As much as i love that sword, it has no business in a "swordfight" with something like WAR, broken or not. The game should highlight its value as a one-hit and finisher melee. Not for hack n slash. 

The dragon nikana does need a buff in crit chance and status chance. Maybe even crit damage. That would give it a niche among the top-tier melees, all of which have higher ips damage (as it should be).

As much as i love that sword, it has no business in a "swordfight" with something like WAR, broken or not. The game should highlight its value as a one-hit and finisher melee. Not for hack n slash.

Leave the first thing for the nikana prime.

The second: That would be interesting.though I would expect that from a dagger version if the nikana. Dont remember its name, but there are real life, smaller versions of katanas. Surely someone will mention its name. Everyone appears to have a phD on swordfighting around here.