Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Valkyr Be Changed To Take Damage During Hysteria?

TwevOWNED

That sounds so unnecessary overdesigned, especially for something that doesn't see any actual use.

Basically the only thing it did was punish Valkyr more than other frames from nullifiers.

Because if Valkyr has had hysteria active for a while then a bad nullifier spawn, or one of the new nullifier units that you can't see the aura from, can cause your Valkyr to just suddenly die with no warning.

Though if you do have a maximum Narrow Minded I have ran into nullifier bubbles before and suffered no damage because no enemies were within 1.7 meters, making this drawback pointless if you have maximum duration.

it also punished new players who didn't have good melee weapons (back when its power was based on the weapon you have equipped, not the mods) or now melee mods, because if they were punching an enemy in the face and their time ran out?  Oh well looks like another instantly dead Valkyr.

But if you had good mods then the "You take 25% of all stored damage if there is a marked enemy near you when Hysteria ends" becomes utterly pointless as everything within that range should be dead when your ability ends.

And if its not she can rip line away and easily get out of the range and negate the damage she would have taken that way.

Yes she would die if not atking enemies with her claws for the life steal. You would have to be more proactive than reactive. Activate it before your health gets too low. Besides even if you health is very low it take 1 maybe 2 hits to steal enough health to completely fill you back up.

I thought about maybe just deactivating hysteria if the health gets to 2 but that leaves you in just as bad of a situation. Loosing 5 health per second it would take a long time for her to die in hysteria and it would mean that for the entire time the valkyr was standing there doing nothing bc any atk would fill her health.

i think we will have to agree to disagree, that mechanic doesn't sound too good to me.

oh valkyr is immortal? too bad cryopod isn't....

oh valkyr is immortal? too bad you didn't hack that spy terminal in time

oh valkyr is immortal? too bad capture target got away (meh example but w/e)

oh valkyr is immortal? too bad hijack objective isn't (though enemies never really shoot it) and you got ~0 shields to move it

oh valkyr is immortal? too bad exterminate, sabotage(except earth, but for earth look hijack) and especially excavation doesn't have lose condition at all

etc.

valkyr is not at fault for missions that do not have a fail condition and she cant protect defense objectives like frost.

why don't you ask for removal of snowglobe? oh right, because you like to win. i know you do. you are not a man if you don't.

and because you like to win, you hate it when someone wins it instead of you.

and if you cant win by rules you play dirty (read "cry for nerf")

yes this needed to be said, valkyr is only immortal to herself so she alone can survive, that doesnt mean she cant fail her missions, hysteria limits you to melee only, you can imagine the amount of trouble it is for her to get enemies in the air while shes in her hysteria mode.

I dont really find her to be all that broken, sure she may never die but she also isnt that heavily effecient at killing.

Either put her back as duration based(which im fine with) or leave her be. Hysteria is what it is. Invincibility is what u get with hysteria, thats what it should be. Returning her to duration based would fix it all. Exalted blade should be as well. Or perhaps make them both like cloud walker....duration based but also drains energy based on movement.

oh valkyr is immortal? too bad cryopod isn't....

oh valkyr is immortal? too bad you didn't hack that spy terminal in time

oh valkyr is immortal? too bad capture target got away (meh example but w/e)

oh valkyr is immortal? too bad hijack objective isn't (though enemies never really shoot it) and you got ~0 shields to move it

oh valkyr is immortal? too bad exterminate, sabotage(except earth, but for earth look hijack) and especially excavation doesn't have lose condition at all

etc.

valkyr is not at fault for missions that do not have a fail condition and she cant protect defense objectives like frost.

why don't you ask for removal of snowglobe? oh right, because you like to win. i know you do. you are not a man if you don't.

and because you like to win, you hate it when someone wins it instead of you.

and if you cant win by rules you play dirty (read "cry for nerf")

Not only talking about failing the mission. When you play Valkyr you dont have personal fail conditions, except dropping down ledges and going into nullifier bubble. I'm not talking here about a nerf, i'm talking about making Valkyr actually interesting to play and make her still be viable. Valkyr was one of my favorite frames but i barely play her these days because she just feels boring atm. And yes, in my opinion many frames like, like frost, would need little bit of balancing aswell, but atleast you can actually die as a frost. And i'd love to see Valkyr have some sort of taunt effect while in hysteria to make her better for actual teamplay.

My friends have nicknamed her "No Problem", because nothing affects her. Whatever problems comes "No Problem". Sortie got bonus radiation damage? "Nah, just No Problem".

I want to give this frame love, i want to play this frame. I just dont see fun in her atm. Hope she gets a proper rework that would make her really top tier choice in any team oriented mission other than ambulance duty, and i hope she doesnt lose the tankyness, but i still dont approve unlimited immortality, with cc immunity and 300k dmg per second to anything within 10 ´meters in a cone (slide attacks).

And yes some people like to play cheats on, and they have their opinion on that and i have mine.

Edited by Madraz

Not only talking about failing the mission. When you play Valkyr you dont have personal fail conditions, except dropping down ledges and going into nullifier bubble. I'm not talking here about a nerf, i'm talking about making Valkyr actually interesting to play and make her still be viable. Valkyr was one of my favorite frames but i barely play her these days because she just feels boring atm. And yes, in my opinion many frames like, like frost, would need little bit of balancing aswell, but atleast you can actually die as a frost. And i'd love to see Valkyr have some sort of taunt effect while in hysteria to make her better for actual teamplay.

Valkyr is far from the only frame that has no personal fail conditions outside of misplays. Frost, Trinity, Wukong, Limbo, Rhino now, Chroma, Loki, Nyx, Ivara, Mesa, etc. The only real difference is the method of invulnerability, and Valkyr is the only frame in the game limited to just melee range as a cost of her invulnerability.

Valkyr is far from the only frame that has no personal fail conditions outside of misplays. Frost, Trinity, Wukong, Limbo, Rhino now, Chroma, Loki, Nyx, Ivara, Mesa, etc. The only real difference is the method of invulnerability, and Valkyr is the only frame in the game limited to just melee range as a cost of her invulnerability.

Pretty much every other frame can be knocked down, energy drained passively and fully from attacks, killed, ran out of ammo for poor aim, or having their abilities run out and not being in cover to reactivate them. Everything else on that list has way more fail possibilities than Valkyr. And you are defending the god mode, which is boring and she doesnt have anything else going for her. Dont you want to see her shine and become fun to play? Dont you want to see her become one of the best frames for her teamplay skills instead of ambulance? And "reduced to melee range" is such a poor argument when she does more damage than any weapon in the game as far as i know. Why do you even play melee frame if you dont like melee.

Those are all misplay conditions though. If you get punched by a disruptor, that's kinda your fault. If you let the energy drain eximus live long enough to matter, again your fault. Every one of those things is the equivalent of accidentally running into a nullifier bubble. You can see them coming from a mile away, and they're all completely avoidable.

I'm defending her invincibility because it's literally the only thing that defines her as a frame. I also find her fun to play already. Just because you don't doesn't mean everyone feels that way. Your ideas are not universal.

Also she doesn't do more damage than any weapon. She does very slightly above average damage.

Those are all misplay conditions though. If you get punched by a disruptor, that's kinda your fault. If you let the energy drain eximus live long enough to matter, again your fault. Every one of those things is the equivalent of accidentally running into a nullifier bubble. You can see them coming from a mile away, and they're all completely avoidable.

I'm defending her invincibility because it's literally the only thing that defines her as a frame. I also find her fun to play already. Just because you don't doesn't mean everyone feels that way. Your ideas are not universal.

Also she doesn't do more damage than any weapon. She does very slightly above average damage.

Yes, a fail condition, where you as a player, fail at something. Valkyr only has 2 fail conditions that are by far easier to avoid than anything else in the game. And Valkyr has propably the highest dps in the game aslong as you keep hitting the enemy. And i too am simply telling you my opinion, i dont expect everyone to agree, like i said some people like to play cheats on. Valkyr has potential to so much more than just immortality.

Have the energy cost of Hysteria increase the more damage Hysteria absorbs, to a maximum base value of, dunno, 15/sec (+500%), adjusted as normally by efficiency and duration mods. You're still invulnerable, you just can't sustain it efficiently anymore. If you turn off hysteria, the accumulated damage decreases by 400 per second or something.

But I'd not like to (only) nerf her, so I'd also add a damage bonus of up to 50% to power damage (that includes Hysteria), depending of how much damage she has absorbed.

Oh, and adjust damage absorbed by her actual armor value, so that her huge base armor and Warcy actually do something in Hysteria.

Have the energy cost of Hysteria increase the more damage Hysteria absorbs, to a maximum base value of, dunno, 15/sec (+500%), adjusted as normally by efficiency and duration mods. You're still invulnerable, you just can't sustain it efficiently anymore. If you turn off hysteria, the accumulated damage decreases by 400 per second or something.

But I'd not like to (only) nerf her, so I'd also add a damage bonus of up to 50% to power damage (that includes Hysteria), depending of how much damage she has absorbed.

Oh, and adjust damage absorbed by her actual armor value, so that her huge base armor and Warcy actually do something in Hysteria.

With a change like that she would become unplayed in most missions again. Cant just slap damage reduction or more damage or energy drain to it. She needs something that makes her team viable.

-snip-

i really don't mean to offend you but you write some kind of drivel

there is a mission that must be completed, whether it is to kill x enemies issued by system or gather 1k plastids per 30 minutes that you set yourself on, what personal fail conditions are you talking about? you fail if you fail a mission and you fail a mission if you has no way of fixing your mistake with tools you have. you can prevent problems or solve them, or ignore them. but at the end of the day you either completed or failed the mission.

to make her better for actual teamplay.

team oriented mission other than ambulance duty

here how my squad played yesterday's sortie survival vs corpus:

nekros, nova, trinity took cover and provide support to each other,

valkyr provide bodies for oxygen supplies. valkyr was the main force, not ambulance.

valkyr was taking the hit from all the enemies while others were sustaining each other and oxygen supply.

valkyr never had to revive her teammates, they were self sufficient in everything except for valkyr dealing with 99.9% of enemies and valkyr was self sufficient except for nekros providing all of the oxygen which was looted by valkyr.

i dont see any ambulance valkyr here.

so maybe just stop being stuck up on guardian angel valkyr cliche and come up with different ways to play stuff?

i want to play this frame. I just dont see fun in her atm.

you are contradicting yourself. solve your inner conflicts and don't project them on others

if you'd wanted to play her you'd play her. you don't.

Yes, a fail condition, where you as a player, fail at something. Valkyr only has 2 fail conditions that are by far easier to avoid than anything else in the game. And Valkyr has propably the highest dps in the game aslong as you keep hitting the enemy. And i too am simply telling you my opinion, i dont expect everyone to agree, like i said some people like to play cheats on. Valkyr has potential to so much more than just immortality.

you as a player has only one fail condition: failed mission. everything that happens in mission are mistakes that can or can not be fixed. if you cant fix mistakes that you made- you fail mission.

Edited by Pro3Display

Please, by all means elaborate on this potential. So far with every daily "nerf hysteria" thread it's just people wanting to nerf her only defining feature without offering anything in return. How exactly would you change her? What would you do to make her stand out in comparison to other frames? What potential do you see in her current skill set? All you're doing so far is essentially saying "git gud" and insulting people that enjoy her as she is.

Edited by Synitare

i much doubt she has the highest dps. Id like to argue that excalibur probably has better DPS with his 4 than valkyr, not to mention that he wont have any issues whatsoever with dealing enemies in the air.

i much doubt she has the highest dps. Id like to argue that excalibur probably has better DPS with his 4 than valkyr, not to mention that he wont have any issues whatsoever with dealing enemies in the air.

With just the wave attacks or just the blade itself, Excalubur's is lower because of Valkyr's far superior crit chance. However, since Excalibur can attack with both simultaneously, his DPS beats Valkyr's. On the other hand, Valkyr can much more reliably boost her attack speed, so the difference isn't enormous, and they both have incredible DPS.

As far as other frames go, Chroma can also beat it with a powerful primary like the Vaykor Hek or the Tonkor, and Banshee's Sonar is the highest damage multiplier in the game, so she can beat even Chroma.

So yes, you're right. =P

Edited by Gurpgork

Please, by all means elaborate on this potential. So far with every daily "nerf hysteria" thread it's just people wanting to nerf her only defining feature without offering anything in return. How exactly would you change her? What would you do to make her stand out in comparison to other frames? What potential do you see in her current skill set? All you're doing so far is essentially saying "git gud" and insulting people that enjoy her as she is.

I posted several diffrent game mechanic ideas on this thread on the earlier pages, such as giving her innate rage effect as passive, taunt effect for hysteria to tank for your teammates in other missions too, armor/health game mechanic where the other drops and the other rises depending on your playstyle and build. I'm not insulting people, just saying, in my opinion. 

i really don't mean to offend you but you write some kind of drivel

there is a mission that must be completed, whether it is to kill x enemies issued by system or gather 1k plastids per 30 minutes that you set yourself on, what personal fail conditions are you talking about? you fail if you fail a mission and you fail a mission if you has no way of fixing your mistake with tools you have. you can prevent problems or solve them, or ignore them. but at the end of the day you either completed or failed the mission.

here how my squad played yesterday's sortie survival vs corpus:

nekros, nova, trinity took cover and provide support to each other,

valkyr provide bodies for oxygen supplies. valkyr was the main force, not ambulance.

valkyr was taking the hit from all the enemies while others were sustaining each other and oxygen supply.

valkyr never had to revive her teammates, they were self sufficient in everything except for valkyr dealing with 99.9% of enemies and valkyr was self sufficient except for nekros providing all of the oxygen which was looted by valkyr.

i dont see any ambulance valkyr here.

so maybe just stop being stuck up on guardian angel valkyr cliche and come up with different ways to play stuff?

you are contradicting yourself. solve your inner conflicts and don't project them on others

if you'd wanted to play her you'd play her. you don't.

you as a player has only one fail condition: failed mission. everything that happens in mission are mistakes that can or can not be fixed. if you cant fix mistakes that you made- you fail mission.

I'm just saying, i dont enjoy playing immortal character that is not affected by anything. I would like to see Valkyr made into a proper berserk themed warframe, which in her current state she is far from. Yes she can kill stuff and yes she is immortal, and yes i dont find her appealing as she is. I'm voicing my opinion. And i dont think you really understand what i mean with the fail condition.

I posted several diffrent game mechanic ideas on this thread on the earlier pages, such as giving her innate rage effect as passive, taunt effect for hysteria to tank for your teammates in other missions too, armor/health game mechanic where the other drops and the other rises depending on your playstyle and build. I'm not insulting people, just saying, in my opinion. 

i dont expect everyone to agree, like i said some people like to play cheats on

This is an insult, not an opinion.

For your ideas though, what would rage do for her? Why not just use the mod? How would she survive if she had a taunt? Her armor, despite being the highest base in the game, is pretty mediocre. Your armor/health idea, why would anyone take Valkyr when they can take Chroma, who already pretty much has this mechanic, Frost or Rhino? Or Trinity, who can make the entire team effectively invincible at will while still retaining the ability to use all weapons?

Like I said, these are all just thrown out with the idea to nerf hysteria. It's her keystone skill. It defines her. If you want it to change, it has to be done in such a way that she's worth taking over the dozen or so other frames that already do her job better.

And i dont think you really understand what i mean with the fail condition.

it's true, i don't. and i even wrote

what personal fail conditions are you talking about?

i elaborated what i understand as a fail condition: failed mission. now please would you kindly explain what you mean as a "personal fail condition"?

falling off a ledge, getting jammed by nullifier, knocked down, etc etc are mistakes that set you back, not make you "fail".

not fulfilling mission completion prerequisites means you failed to complete the mission, but doesn't mean that you failed the mission either- it can lead to both.

you either complete mission or fail it.

making mistakes draws you further from completing the mission.

overcoming problems raised by your mistakes draws you closer to completing the mission.

personal fail condition i could think of is not getting <insert rare resource name like neurode/neural sensor/etc> on an assasination run.

but it's still just a set back that you can gain on with another run on the same mission.

I'm just saying, i dont enjoy playing immortal character that is not affected by anything. I would like to see Valkyr made into a proper berserk themed warframe, which in her current state she is far from. Yes she can kill stuff and yes she is immortal, and yes i dont find her appealing as she is. I'm voicing my opinion.

if you don't like her- don't play her.

if you like her- play her.

if you don't like broccoli -don't eat it

just stop setting broccoli farms on fire

Edited by Pro3Display

This is an insult, not an opinion.

For your ideas though, what would rage do for her? Why not just use the mod? How would she survive if she had a taunt? Her armor, despite being the highest base in the game, is pretty mediocre. Your armor/health idea, why would anyone take Valkyr when they can take Chroma, who already pretty much has this mechanic, Frost or Rhino? Or Trinity, who can make the entire team effectively invincible at will while still retaining the ability to use all weapons?

Like I said, these are all just thrown out with the idea to nerf hysteria. It's her keystone skill. It defines her. If you want it to change, it has to be done in such a way that she's worth taking over the dozen or so other frames that already do her job better.

I suggested that in hysteria she would start with 200 or 300% armor modifier, and would gain more damage per hit / kill while losing little of her armor. She would have almost 5k armor with 300% modifier if you had steel fiber on, not including Warcry armor buff. The idea was that she would start super tanky and she would become havoc in the battlefield gaining increased damage the longer the fight would draw out, and would start to revert back to "calm" state if you lose your melee counter. The speed at which she would revert i suggested to be tied to her duration mods. With this mechanic the 5% lifesteal in hysteria would be put into constant use to keep yourself sustained. You could build your Valkyr to be super tanky or go for a super high damage with the risk of taking more damage, which ofcourse you could counter with Shadow Step for instance.

Having innate rage would allow her to have free mod slot for something else like more power strength, duration or defenses. And a taunt would be really nice addition for a super tanky frame in defense missions etc, or in any other missions to draw fire away from your team. Just suggestions.

I suggested that in hysteria she would start with 200 or 300% armor modifier, and would gain more damage per hit / kill while losing little of her armor. She would have almost 5k armor with 300% modifier if you had steel fiber on, not including Warcry armor buff. The idea was that she would start super tanky and she would become havoc in the battlefield gaining increased damage the longer the fight would draw out, and would start to revert back to "calm" state if you lose your melee counter. The speed at which she would revert i suggested to be tied to her duration mods. With this mechanic the 5% lifesteal in hysteria would be put into constant use to keep yourself sustained. You could build your Valkyr to be super tanky or go for a super high damage with the risk of taking more damage, which ofcourse you could counter with Shadow Step for instance.

Having innate rage would allow her to have free mod slot for something else like more power strength, duration or defenses. And a taunt would be really nice addition for a super tanky frame in defense missions etc, or in any other missions to draw fire away from your team. Just suggestions.

Your idea would still make her strictly worse in literally every single aspect than Chroma, Trinity, Frost or Wukong. Even with a 300% armor modifier plus a max strength Warcry, she'd get less armor than Chroma with Cold Elemental Ward alone. You then suggest that she lose armor over time.

So again I will ask, why would anyone take this version of Valkyr? It's just an outright worse version of Chroma with a spare mod slot.

Your idea would still make her strictly worse in literally every single aspect than Chroma, Trinity, Frost or Wukong. Even with a 300% armor modifier plus a max strength Warcry, she'd get less armor than Chroma with Cold Elemental Ward alone. You then suggest that she lose armor over time.

So again I will ask, why would anyone take this version of Valkyr? It's just an outright worse version of Chroma with a spare mod slot.

The numbers are not final, i was suggesting a game mechanic. And if she would be a all and all insanely tanky, with super high damage output and interesting gameplay mechanic. And yes many other frames should be fixed, most noticably trinity on that list. And no it wouldnt be just a worse version of chroma as your abilities would compliment your ultimate and you'd draw fire away from your allies / defense point.

So in essence you want to:

-Give Valkyr less EHP than Chroma

While at the same time

-Keep Valkyr with less damage than Chroma

-Keep Valkyr limited to a sub 2 meter melee range

And you think she would be viable?

You would essentially be wanting to gimp yourself to take Valkyr over Chroma with your change.

Chroma would do better than her in literally every mission type with those changes.

Especially since he isn't limited to a sub 2 meter melee range and has a much higher damage with his guns than Valkyr could ever hope to reach.

Chroma can deal so much more damage and get a higher EHP than valkyr could with your changes that he would beat her hands down with nothing Valkyr could do to keep up.

Especially because he has essentially unlimited range and could deal with the Nullifiers, Nul Comba and Nul Srambus units safely while Valkyr would just be zapped and killed pretty instantly at the higher levels while he remains perfectly safe.

with super high damage output and interesting gameplay mechanic.

Yes, being limited to hitting a single target at a time for sub-Excalbur damage within 2 meters, and without any decent CC, is an "interesting gameplay mechanic" /s

Her damage isn't nearly as high as you are making it out to be.

Especially when compared to frames that lack her drawback of, and this is important: Being limited to a 2 meter melee range

None of your changes addresses that massive limitation of having only single target DPS at tickling range with no way to deal with targets beyond that range.

Unless she is given ways to deal with either more targets or a further range she would be beaten by quite a few frames with your change.

Especially Chroma who can hit for massively more damage than Valkyr can ever dream to while being able to do it at any range he wants.

Limiting a frame to tickling range as a drawback requires something massive to be given to it to make up for that, and none of what you've proposed makes up for that limitation in any way and you just seem intent on ignorring it, when that melee range is a huge drawback that needs to be considered.

Edited by Tsukinoki

The numbers are not final, i was suggesting a game mechanic. And if she would be a all and all insanely tanky, with super high damage output and interesting gameplay mechanic. And yes many other frames should be fixed, most noticably trinity on that list. And no it wouldnt be just a worse version of chroma as your abilities would compliment your ultimate and you'd draw fire away from your allies / defense point.

Yes it would be a worse version of Chroma, because Chroma already has almost this exact mechanic, has over 10x the armor, and can still use all weapons. The only "complimentary" skill in your suggestion is the taunt, which would have to replace something, and would also only serve the purpose of getting her killed almost immediately.

So in essence you want to:

-Give Valkyr less EHP than Chroma

While at the same time

-Keep Valkyr with less damage than Chroma

-Keep Valkyr limited to a sub 2 meter melee range

And you think she would be viable?

You would essentially be wanting to gimp yourself to take Valkyr over Chroma with your change.

Chroma would do better than her in literally every mission type with those changes.

Especially since he isn't limited to a sub 2 meter melee range and has a much higher damage with his guns than Valkyr could ever hope to reach.

Chroma can deal so much more damage and get a higher EHP than valkyr could with your changes that he would beat her hands down with nothing Valkyr could do to keep up.

Especially because he has essentially unlimited range and could deal with the Nullifiers, Nul Comba and Nul Srambus units safely while Valkyr would just be zapped and killed pretty instantly at the higher levels while he remains perfectly safe.

Yes, being limited to hitting a single target at a time for sub-Excalbur damage within 2 meters, and without any decent CC, is an "interesting gameplay mechanic" /s

Her damage isn't nearly as high as you are making it out to be.

Especially when compared to frames that lack her drawback of, and this is important: Being limited to a 2 meter melee range

None of your changes addresses that massive limitation of having only single target DPS at tickling range with no way to deal with targets beyond that range.

Unless she is given ways to deal with either more targets or a further range she would be beaten by quite a few frames with your change.

Especially Chroma who can hit for massively more damage than Valkyr can ever dream to while being able to do it at any range he wants.

Limiting a frame to tickling range as a drawback requires something massive to be given to it to make up for that, and none of what you've proposed makes up for that limitation in any way and you just seem intent on ignorring it, when that melee range is a huge drawback that needs to be considered.

Then please, give out your suggestions what would make Valkyr more fun without a invincibility? I want to discuss about this, i really do. Never said she'd have less damage than Chroma for instance, the point still is to make her high damage berserker. What if she did more damage than Chroma by a long shot?