Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need More Colour Options And Slots When We Start In The Game

Ali_Husain744

Warframe's economy works by creating demand. Nothing else.

We get cool new skins, weapons and frames and they can all be had for plat. However, exclusively COSMETIC items are available through plat only, and Warframe / Weapon slots as well. All the rest can be farmed, and, to top it off, plat can be farmed indirectly by selling items on Trade.

This is as fair as a F2P game will ever get. If you can't get to grips with that, I doubt Warframe will make you a happy camper. If you feel you 'must have something' beyond the slots you are given, there are many ways to go about it, and the fastest one is investing a slight bit of money into the game. Just wait for your first plat discount and buy 1000 platinum or something, and you will be golden for months, if not forever. A little boost like that can push you to the power level required to farm useful items that can be traded.

And in all honesty, if investing ANY money into this game is enough to put you off, I think DE will be very happy that you are not part of the playerbase. They are not a charity.

Edited by V4YR4

Warframe's economy works by creating demand. Nothing else.

We get cool new skins, weapons and frames and they can all be had for plat. However, exclusively COSMETIC items are available through plat only, and Warframe / Weapon slots as well. All the rest can be farmed, and, to top it off, plat can be farmed indirectly by selling items on Trade.

This is as fair as a F2P game will ever get. If you can't get to grips with that, I doubt Warframe will make you a happy camper. If you feel you 'must have something' beyond the slots you are given, there are many ways to go about it, and the fastest one is investing a slight bit of money into the game. Just wait for your first plat discount and buy 1000 platinum or something, and you will be golden for months, if not forever. A little boost like that can push you to the power level required to farm useful items that can be traded.

And in all honesty, if investing ANY money into this game is enough to put you off, I think DE will be very happy that you are not part of the playerbase. They are not a charity.

Have you seen that abomination called the trade chat?, a new player would easily be put off after seeing that chaos, oh and the plat discounts don't apply to console players.

I do think the warframe slots and weapon and sentinel slots should be free, maybe unlocked by MR. That's one thing you can't FtPlay your way around as easily and limits you too early on for you to have become a know it all savvy merchant.

And good luck moving most void items for more than a plat. I sell most stuff for ducats.

This game can be easily FtP if you don't get hooked on shinies, but those two things are still a problem and stink of shortchanging players.

Have you seen that abomination called the trade chat?, a new player would easily be put off after seeing that chaos, oh and the plat discounts don't apply to console players.

The abomination called trade chat works just fine and this exact same trade chat has always existed in this really familiar MMO we call World of Warcraft, where it has worked just fine for about sixteen *million* people. It just requires your full attention and is by no means an excuse that 'you need to get what you want for free'. So I don't really see your point. Same with the plat discounts. If it's not there for console players, that means there is a price premium for playing on console, which again, is nothing new when you compare PC to console gaming. You pay for getting everything handed to you, simple enough. Buying plat is the same thing. You buy convenience. All I can say is, go play on PC. Better experience all over, earlier updates, plat discounts, more content. Mind you that this goes for literally every crossplatform game release between console and PC versions. Hell you can even hook up your dualshock if you really wanted to.

The bottom line still stands: the game and DE are not charity, they are a business model that evidently works very well. Nobody cares about the few % of players 'put off' by their own misconception of having to get stuff for free. It is a problem of the player, not of the game.

The game economy, again, works by creating demand. By introducing new things players want, the demand for more slots is created, and that is how the business model pushes the free player into a paying player. There is nothing wrong with that, and I feel the way Warframe does this is the most elegant, fair way I have ever seen in any F2P.

The world doesn't exist to babysit the lowest common denominator, it exists to cater to the most common denominator. And that is the player capable of making his own choices and evaluate his own game time / consider for himself whether a time investment weighs up against the fun he or she has inside it and whether it is worth skipping a time investment by buying it. This is personal, and if the end result 'puts you off from the game' then Warframe is simply not for you.

Edited by V4YR4

Try telling that to new guy that just started and needs slots and proggresion wall unlockers.

I had 3 newbie friends quit because of this reason.

"What are you talking about? All you have to do is grind 30  void runs, trade each part for 1plat (assuming you get 20 parts) and then buy a single slot!"

Not paywalled at all.jpeg.

Spy missions - elemental mods

Starchart bosses - Continuity, Streamline, Split Chamber, Ruinous Extension

Derelict vaults - corrupted mods

Getting 20p for a beginner seems like a whole damn lot - but it's actually really easy once you know what you can sell. And all of those things can be acquired by anyone who can tackle Jupiter/Saturn so you don't need to be far in the game. Noone told me how to do it or where to go, I simply watched trade chat for like 20 minutes, took notes and then went to the wiki to see what I can get where and if I'm able to do it with my current gear. Then I did it.

Never felt like I was being paywalled.

"Oh noes, you need some knowledge and bit of effort to play this game for free! Better quit!"

Edited by TimFlint

Huh? Care to explain the 9 friends I helped out then? Who have slots and anything they want? Who I've provided assistance with? It's not just trading that can help out, but being nice and friendly as well. They don't even need my help anymore.

Help newcomers goes a long way, sooner or later they'll understand Warframe.

You're exaggerating really.

Some players just don't have the patience I suppose.

The one thing I don't agree with however, is that in most cases new players need help getting into the game. The only reason I stayed was because 2 friends of mine essentially held my hand up to the point where I could sustain myself within the game. I mean, if we're being serious, needing to buy slots just to keep gear you like is ridiculous, needing to craft and wait for a key just to enter a dojo is ridiculous, the RNG in general is ridiculous.

I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but it does to most people: You shouldn't NEED someone's help to get into the game. Warframe is all but beginner friendly unless said beginner is being babied by a vet who's literally just reducing the bullS#&$ for them.

Back on topic: Color palettes should remain as is, they are completely optional cosmetic items and you should be grateful that you can trade for plat to get them rather than having to play money straight out like other games.

Some players just don't have the patience I suppose.

The one thing I don't agree with however, is that in most cases new players need help getting into the game. The only reason I stayed was because 2 friends of mine essentially held my hand up to the point where I could sustain myself within the game. I mean, if we're being serious, needing to buy slots just to keep gear you like is ridiculous, needing to craft and wait for a key just to enter a dojo is ridiculous, the RNG in general is ridiculous.

I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but it does to most people: You shouldn't NEED someone's help to get into the game. Warframe is all but beginner friendly unless said beginner is being babied by a vet who's literally just reducing the bullS#&$ for them.

Back on topic: Color palettes should remain as is, they are completely optional cosmetic items and you should be grateful that you can trade for plat to get them rather than having to play money straight out like other games.

Care to elaborate on why a build time on items and RNG in general 'is ridiculous'? I honestly don't see where you're going with that.

I do agree that Warframe can use a bit more in terms of tutorials on the game's economy. However, I think that would also destroy part of DE's gold mine, because the suggestion is really created that you need to 'buy' everything for plat when you look at the market, which is obviously not the way the game works.

Care to elaborate on why a build time on items and RNG in general 'is ridiculous'? I honestly don't see where you're going with that.

I do agree that Warframe can use a bit more in terms of tutorials on the game's economy. However, I think that would also destroy part of DE's gold mine, because the suggestion is really created that you need to 'buy' everything for plat when you look at the market, which is obviously not the way the game works.

I only mentioned build time on the clan key. Getting invited to a clan and having to wait to enter the dojo is just dumb. And if you don't know how warframe's RNG is silly, you either have the patience of a saint or you haven't been farming much.

And yes, you're 100% right, that's the reason why everything is so convoluted and tedious. I mean, if we're being honest, the grind at the start is nothing like the late game grind, but since new players have jack all, they just get overwhelmed by everything.

First thing is we need black, why do we need do pay 75 platinum to get more colours?!?!?!?!?!?!?! It is just a bit ridiculous. The second thing is the amount of Warframe slots and weapon slots ... This is seriously annoying, I have to sell my weapons for new ones, can you please increase weapon slots this by just 2???? And Warframe slots are just really not fair ... Only 2 slots?!?!?!?!? Please increase this to 4, PLEASE, I BEG YOU.

Thanks,

Ali

You get free plat at start... buy slots with that. Colours are just cosmetic but if they really tickle your fancy we get seasonal ones for one credit at valentines, st patricks day and so on for more. Newbies dont NEED more slots... i was a 100 hours in and only had Volt and Nyx to choose from at the time as i was too busy unlocking the planets to obsess over every other frame which took my fancy, same with weapons - so many options but without mods and maybe catalysts theyre mostly all subpar. Patience paid off for me - for everyone else theres plat.

There's no reason new players need to jump immediately to the end-game. Play the game a bit first, then worry about how fabulous you look while standing in the relays.

I hear everything these days is endgame.

Progression is endgame, pointless grind is endgame, daily quests are endgame, daily logins are endgame, trading fodder is endgame, new enemies are endgame and finally cosmetics are endgame...

As for topic itself, yeah if de wants us to do 200 runs and wait for alertium just to marginally increase sales on 1 frame then yeah, they should at least give players 1 frickin color palette and more slots at start.

I dont mind getting nothing out of it as a veteran and it would show at least some goodwill. It would show me that money de makes is used for anything else than to make more money.

Edited by Davoodoo

but you don't pay to progress in warframe....

what is your objectively wrong definition of progress? whatever, don't worry i'll break it down real nice for you.

You start with nothing. 

You run missions and get loot.

You take this loot to improve your character and take it to the more difficult mission.

You run more difficult missions and get loot.

You take this loot to improve your character even more to do even more difficult missions.

This is called moving forward in your career in Warframe. You are progressing through the game.

That is progress. Progress is moving forward. Advancement. Further development. People pay money in this game to skip having to actually play it. The End. That's perfectly fine until they lie about that not being the reason they do it.. or maybe I just haven't met that elusive guy that just buys Plat because he's got a wasted money quota to meet every month. If you need a better explanation of progress, ask your teacher. I'm sure they'll be able to help.

There's no reason new players need to jump immediately to the end-game. Play the game a bit first, then worry about how fabulous you look while standing in the relays.

I agree. That's the problem for most of the new players. They wanna jump to end-game as soon as possible. They see a high rank player using rank 30 weapons mass-killing those mobs, they think it's OP and they want it NOW. I see many new players I helped asking me what the best weapon in the game is, and by many, I mean ALL of them. That's why they jump right into the market whatever weapon they see and misunderstood this game's value because they see the obsolete platinum price on Warframes and weapons without realizing they could've get it absolutely free but with effort and patience. Even if they do, they simply just couldn't deny their power-creep nature and fell into the trap called market.

I agree. That's the problem for most of the new players. They wanna jump to end-game as soon as possible. They see a high rank player using rank 30 weapons mass-killing those mobs, they think it's OP and they want it NOW. I see many new players I helped asking me what the best weapon in the game is, and by many, I mean ALL of them. That's why they jump right into the market whatever weapon they see and misunderstood this game's value because they see the obsolete platinum price on Warframes and weapons without realizing they could've get it absolutely free but with effort and patience. Even if they do, they simply just couldn't deny their power-creep nature and fell into the trap called market.

And this is relevant since OP asked not for progression but to give him more slots so he can farm more frames and really basic customization.

I dont see op as lazy and jumping to endgame, he wants to farm stuff and enjoy the game and i dont think hes unreasonable thinking that you should be able to enjoy free2play game for free.

So yeah, misrepresentation is the name of the game on these forums.

Edited by Davoodoo

And this is relevant since OP asked not for progression but to give him more slots so he can farm more frames and really basic customization.

I dont see op as lazy and jumping to endgame, he wants to farm stuff and enjoy the game and i dont think hes unreasonable thinking that you should be able to enjoy free2play game for free.

So yeah, misrepresentation is the name of the game on these forums.

At least for me, I didn't worry about the problem of slots when I first started the game. I didn't pay a penny on this game back then and I was doing great until today. The reason why one would need slots so badly is because they are rushing their way through the game. They want to get good stuff NOW, this is progression, everyone has their own pace, but know the problem that DE wants to keep players playing for as long as possible, and rushing progression would definitely require external aid. Edited by -KISSSHOT-

what is your objectively wrong definition of progress? whatever, don't worry i'll break it down real nice for you.

You start with nothing. 

You run missions and get loot.

You take this loot to improve your character and take it to the more difficult mission.

You run more difficult missions and get loot.

You take this loot to improve your character even more to do even more difficult missions.

This is called moving forward in your career in Warframe. You are progressing through the game.

That is progress. Progress is moving forward. Advancement. Further development. People pay money in this game to skip having to actually play it. The End. That's perfectly fine until they lie about that not being the reason they do it.. or maybe I just haven't met that elusive guy that just buys Plat because he's got a wasted money quota to meet every month. If you need a better explanation of progress, ask your teacher. I'm sure they'll be able to help.

The thing is , it's OPTIONAL, I've played for over 2k hours  and I NEVER payed for plat or spent plat to rush something. Paying for progress= the classic "true" ending that comes as a dlc, you pay to know more about the story. Here you only need to pay for COSMETICS or to save some time (thats NOT progress, just a mechanic made for lazy people).

PSST plat can be traded for!! and as long as you do not buy absolutely everything selling 1 max prime mod will take you a LONG way.

I...ok, I laughed out loud(more of a snickered out loud really) at this one.

I mean, you're absolutely right, you WOULD end up with a good bit of plat from selling a maxed prime mod, but this is a STARTER suggesting they get more.  A starter is not going to come up with hundreds of cores, hundreds of ducats, and millions of credits to max a prime mod.  It's not an even remotely realistic suggestion, enough so that I'd think you're kidding.

When I was introduced to this game, I was given fair warning that there was a very real pay wall unless I wanted to sit in trade chat(and people that know me know that I'd rather pull out my fingernails with a pliers than sit in some lame assed trade chat in ANY game, and frankly this one is even worse than average due to its clunkiness).  I came in prepared to toss a couple bucks at it to get appropriate storage space.  I've since spent plenty more(easily as much as a subscription would have ever cost me), but honestly that first twenty dollars or so made the game so much more palatable and really was enough to play permanently, though it wouldn't support my current digital hording habit.

Maybe instead of giving someone the 50 starter platinum they should just give new players more weapon and warframe slots.  Those are the best things to purchase with that 50 plat anyway, other than maybe potatoes.

This is a good suggestion, and honestly the first thing I thought of.  Spending that starter plat on anything but slots is essentially wasting it, but giving it as plat is a great way for a new, uneducated player to do exactly that.

As far as colors go, we get some at holidays.  They are handy.  The black comes from the Stalker, and as far as I know, it's still on his loot table.  Honestly, I have a couple that I've purchased and rarely use anything on them, they certainly aren't necessary to look cool.  Everything winds up coming out of the free ones anyway for me.

At least for me, I didn't worry about the problem of slots when I first started the game. I didn't pay a penny on this game back then and I was doing great until today. The reason why one would need slots so badly is because they are rushing their way through the game. They want to get good stuff NOW, this is progression, everyone has their own pace, but know the problem that DE wants to keep players playing for as long as possible, and rushing progression would definitely require external aid.

I actually progressed through game you know.

And even when we had less than 10 firearms in game and all melee was at best model choice i still remember how fast it was to fill out slots.

So how are slots used for progression again?? If you want best stuff then you probably dont care about weaker stuff and would be eager to throw it out. Slots are only needed if you want to keep it.

I dont get that narrative that new players want to get to endgame asap and would skip everything. Reality simply doesnt prove it.