Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ominous Loading Screen Message?[Megathread]

Cleesus

Also, re the Vor quote, I always took it as a poetic way to simply say that the Tenno are the source of a Warframe's power, wand the Warframe merely controls and shapes it. To what extent didn't seem certain, but it certainly implied extremely strongly that the Warframe and the Tenno are not the same thing, and that the Tenno is the power source. Whether we're physical being with powers that are projectable through the warframe, or living energy, I don't think any conclusion can be made from Vor's original lines.

Also, re the Vor quote, I always took it as a poetic way to simply say that the Tenno are the source of a Warframe's power, wand the Warframe merely controls and shapes it. To what extent didn't seem certain, but it certainly implied extremely strongly that the Warframe and the Tenno are not the same thing, and that the Tenno is the power source. Whether we're physical being with powers that are projectable through the warframe, or living energy, I don't think any conclusion can be made from Vor's original lines.

"What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east and Juliette is the sun"

Shakespeare was not describing Juliette as an actual gravitational well of plasma in fusion.

"What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east and Juliette is the sun"

Shakespeare was not describing Juliette as an actual gravitational well of plasma in fusion.

Again, it's easy to deny what Vor said as being metaphorical... it's HARDER to deny what he became after his exposure to the energies of the Janus key/Void.

That is true. He is an energy based being who can take a physical form.

Alternatively he is physical and yet awash with the power of the void (as the Tenno are) as he has limited ability to channel that into his gadgets and to reform after damage that would kill a mundane organic (Perhaps only while actually residing in the Void Towers)

Sure, Vor has a lot of "stuff" going on, things keeping him "alive" past normal limits, but I think it's a mistake to accept what he says at a literal description of his state.

If he is truly simply "energy" why is he still relying on his Nervos mines, and still using the Janus Key as a weapon? Why does he retain his form, why keep the damage done to him? No... that all smacks of a being who is indeed being supported by an exotic force but not one who is given over completely, not one who is non-corporal the way most sci-fi aficionados would read the phrase "Energy Form"

I agree that IMHO it's highly likely that what has happened to Vor is a variant on what has happened to the Tenno, but I disagree that this is an "energy form" in the manner that most people read the term.

If DE wanted Vor to come across as "pure energy" they could have gone with the classic particle effect body, or the transparent body or even the floating-face-on-a-column-of-light but they didn't, they went with something grounded, physical and visceral. To me that is important design language offering up clues as to the intent of the design.

So if you mean "energy" as: "Touchable, physical, unchanging with exotic forces regulating it's continued existence" then sure, I'd agree with that. But I don't think that description matches what most people here are inferring when they say "energy form"

I would have to agree with SilentMobius, Vor seems to be kept alive by and changed by void energy but doesn't seem to be energy himself and I suspect that the Tenno are similarly touched but not energy themselvesl merely giving off void radiation that they now generate after void exposure.

I would have to agree with SilentMobius, Vor seems to be kept alive by and changed by void energy but doesn't seem to be energy himself and I suspect that the Tenno are similarly touched but not energy themselvesl merely giving off void radiation that they now generate after void exposure.

If it weren't for the fact that he dissipates into energy particle effects upon death, I'd be a touch more inclined to agree he's still the same physical Vor.

IMO, Vor was at least partially possessed by the Janus Key, which influenced him and granted him the ability to survive despite the destruction of his physical form and to reform in his image after an unspecified amount of time. The reason Corrupted!Vor uses Nervos mines seems to be because the Janus Key, noting the usefulness of them, grants Vor a seemingly endless supply, or because they are energy-based.

Besides, Vor doesn't use his old Cronus or Seer, does he? From a lore standpoint, we may have taken those as trophies, but it is also possible that the Janus Key influenced Vor to cast away any inefficient weapons in exchange for energy-based ones.

Besides, all matter is condensed energy, and the Orokin were the great civilization. Perhaps they could create matter out of pure energy?

Then again, let's not derail too much: this thread is for the Ominous Message, not Vor, as compelling as the subject may be.

Tenno are energy beings would explain how the same Tenno can wear both male and female suits that sometimes have critical shape differences, though.

So would Void Tech. AKA "It's bigger on the inside." like the TARDIS. It would explain the liset landing craft, how it looks too small for us or our arsenal to fit in there.

So would Void Tech. AKA "It's bigger on the inside." like the TARDIS. It would explain the liset landing craft, how it looks too small for us or our arsenal to fit in there.

The Arsenal, Foundry, Mod Station, etc... everything below the ramp is in the Orbiter, not the Liset. The barrel-shaped airlock we extract in is replaced with the ramp when we dock with the Orbiter.

Edited by SilentMobius

The Arsenal, Foundry, Mod Station, etc... everything below the ramp is in the Orbiter, not the Liset. The barrel-shaped airlock we extract in is replaced with the ramp when we dock with the Orbiter.

The ramp is also present on the back of the Liset, if you look you can see where it sits - although it's all the same model and not its own separate element.

The ramp is also present on the back of the Liset, if you look you can see where it sits - although it's all the same model and not its own separate element.

Not sure what you mean there. Are you referring to the extraction model? If you when you say "back" do you mean further aft, but still on the underside? Or actually on the rear facing panel of the ship?

Not sure what you mean there. Are you referring to the extraction model? If you when you say "back" do you mean further aft, but still on the underside? Or actually on the rear facing panel of the ship?

The rear facing panel. To me it looks like a perfect fit with our descent from the Liset interior.

Although one has to consider that, based on some of those concept pieces, what we sit in might not be the Liset at all and also just another part of the Orbiter - if there is/going to be a landing craft bay somewhere in the Oribter.